Turn: 3♠
* * UTG+1 checks
* * aubal04 checks
* * Potsize: 625
River: 2♦
* * UTG+1 checks
* * aubal04 bets [450]

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Any misplay earlier in the hand would u guys say? What about on the river is this a call or a fold?

E

erille

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold flop as played u gotta call river.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like it's too early in an MTT (or even a SnG) to have any reads. I agree with the fold on flop, but would still likely fold the river. Too early to go short-stacked against a scarey board.

Without reads tho, I think I would have bet out with the $200 instead of a check/call and fold to a raise.

mr_president21

mr_president21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldnt have called with QQ after the flop with 2 aces on the bord

I

intlplaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make a small bet to see if your opponent raises or call u-instead of checking, betting was your move your check check showed weakness

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha, the first 3 posters all give the same bad advice. just bizarre

if we're checking flop it's not to fold to a bet. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. this is a viable way to play the hand up to this point and now it's just one of those read/instinct dependent spots

fwiw betting the flop is also fine. this is just an alternate way of playing the hand

mr_president21

mr_president21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if someone raises or calls a raise preflop a lot of times they have an ace so i wouldnt bet or raise too much

Only1JA

Only1JA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checking the flop was inviting trouble and you got it.
Bet the flop, if you get raised then fold.

mr_president21

mr_president21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good idea as long as you dont raise too much. by betting you will probably take down the hand and aviod losing too many chips

Only1JA

Only1JA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checking, unless you are going to raise, tells you nothing about the other guys hand. In this case I feel my QQ has been beaten on the flop but betting will probably tell me what I need to know. However, with 2 aces on the board I have a slighty better chance than if it was only 1. Regardless I won't chase to the river, save your chips for when the board shows in your favour.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured this counts as a WA/WB situation right? Flush and straight draws, agaisnt just one opponent, are unlikely and realistically we don't have to think much of them, especially the straight draws since he would have to have called pf with two unpaired low cards. And a free card is unlikely to hurt unless he has something like KJ and a king comes. If our hand were 10 10 then we are much more vulnerable and betting makes more sense.

"haha, the first 3 posters all give the same bad advice. just bizarre

if we're checking flop it's not to fold to a bet. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. this is a viable way to play the hand up to this point and now it's just one of those read/instinct dependent spots

fwiw betting the flop is also fine. this is just an alternate way of playing the hand"

Yeah I thought the same, check folding is incredibly weak tight especially after only the first bet. He could easily have a medium pair and think he has the best hand, or thinks he can get us off a higher pair.