QQ on AAxxx board; $16 turbo

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been pretty TAG again, and villain has been fairly tight.

pokerstars Game #10568701165: Tournament #53540573, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2007/06/22 - 19:41:09 (ET)
Table '53540573 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Kevin_2384 (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: homer184 (1490 in chips)
Seat 3: ChuckTs (1470 in chips)
Seat 4: crox 1 (1290 in chips)
Seat 5: fraxyz (1460 in chips)
Seat 6: klward (1560 in chips)
Seat 7: brownbike (1470 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: bookread (1670 in chips)
Seat 9: vtfann (1590 in chips)
bookread: posts small blind 10
vtfann: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChuckTs [Qh Qs]
Kevin_2384: folds
homer184: folds
ChuckTs: raises 60 to 80
crox 1: folds
brownbike has returned
fraxyz: calls 80
klward: folds
brownbike: folds
bookread: folds
vtfann: folds
*** FLOP *** [As Ac 8s]
ChuckTs: bets 100
fraxyz: calls 100
*** TURN *** [As Ac 8s] [7d]
ChuckTs: checks
fraxyz: bets 200
ChuckTs: calls 200
*** RIVER *** [As Ac 8s 7d] [Tc]
ChuckTs: bets 350
fraxyz: raises 730 to 1080 and is all-in
ChuckTs: ...

What about the turn too? Just an sticky hand for me in general

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What't the thinking on your river bet Chuck? Is it a blocking bet gone wrong and do you feel you've priced yourself in to call?

To me it looks like on the turn you have decided you are check-calling to the river, which makes the decent size bet on the river odd as it kind of represents the ace and there's not anything that is folding there that you are behind.

Essentially, if you are going to bet the river, bet the turn instead I think.

He could have the A here (or horribly a set), or you may have induced the push with a mid pair 77-JJ all fit.

Sticky hand though I agree.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, tbh I really had no plan in this one. Multitabling still takes a lot of effort on my part, and in hands where I actually have to think, they usually end up sticky like this one :p

I think a turn bet-fold is better...

But ya, river was supposed to be a blocking bet. Didn't block much though :/

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose a huge edge when I play more than one table. I usually read every hand history after the hand and it stops me doing it quite as much.

Whether the edge is made up for by playing at twice (or more) the pace, I don't know.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, there's a definite toss-up. I think I'm taking in a bigger winrate, but my ROI is down the drain :/

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing against a decent player and you get a cold-call on the flop with a board-pair.. I would have to think they hit the set. In this situation, it's possible that he had a big PP as well, TT->KK. I would have bet the turn pretty hard and you'll find out right away where you're at.. cold-call or raise, you're probably in trouble. He slowplayed the set (probably) and tried to let you think you were ahead to try and double up through you on the river.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive got to say, with the turn bet and the tight read, i think i would have to give him the ace. He calls your bet (with that flop he has an ace or a PP he likes, maybe a FH but doubt it) on the flop and then bets on the turn when you check. He was trying to just let you bet and build the pot until the river where he is last to act and pushes all in. I would have even folded on the turn probably, especially with a tight read on the villain unless I felt lucky to catch a queen lol

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well his line (especially the river push with so little fold eq.; I can only see a middle pair so often there) I can't see much that i beat here.

Results: I folded.