Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$109 bounty hunter tournament
Hero on SB with AA having 10 BB.
All fold to BB opponent has a stack of 98 BB. The selection of hands is small, so do not pay attention. The only thing that we can say that the opponent is adequate.
Question what action hero would be more profitable?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$109 bounty hunter tournament
Hero on SB with AA having 10 BB.
All fold to BB opponent has a stack of 98 BB. The selection of hands is small, so do not pay attention. The only thing that we can say that the opponent is adequate.
Question what action hero would be more profitable?

What's your bounty?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"Hero on SB with AA having 10 BB. " All-in, end of. Your range on SB when folded into becomes very large and the bounty is bonus, so BB will be inclined to call.

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a general rule, when you have 10BB's or less, your options are to fold or go all-in.

With AA, it's an obvious shove. AA wins about 85% heads up.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said you should only be considering jamming. Once you're below 20 you lose alot of ground to work with but at 10 you have no ground to work with so you're really left with jamming.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My thoughts were the same, but the opponent pressed fold after much thought.

"Hero on SB with AA having 10 BB. " All-in, end of. Your range on SB when folded into becomes very large and the bounty is bonus, so BB will be inclined to call.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Based off of your stack size the only move here is to push all in.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10bb and villain with 98bb is shove. He will call 72o and 22+. Even more with the bounty influencing the call.

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only fold. That’s too bad hand for push having 10bb, wait for 7-2o

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Primary, didn't knock anyone out.

In which case your not a very juicy target for bb if he has rags. I'd probably of limped preflop, checked flop hoping for bb to bet, then jammed, if he'd checked I'd of jammed the turn.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the object is to get in a heads up with AA, you already have that here. I would do whatever i thought that by the river everything is in the middle. I would adjust the bet according to my read on the BB. If he is super tight i limp or 2x. If he has called my SB raise in the past i raise whatever he has been calling. I dont want to shove in this situation because i dont want to scare him away. If there were more than him to act with 10BB its a auto shove. but by the river i want to have all of it in the pot.

B

beavis22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would limp ...set the trap...he or she will proabably put you all in once you limp pre flop....trapping is fun

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats the question here. 10bb shove.

and for setting the trap, when do you spring the trap post flop, the second youre beat.

dont get funny, shove

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In BvB with AA, I'm limping here and looking to extract value pre (if BB raises) or on the flop.

Jamming is just way to strong here and we don't want BB to fold. If the have a hand, they'll raise. If not, we want to let them they hit a little something on the flop so they can pay us off.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
min-bet, get the call, then shove.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned a check / call play, because if you play too aggressive, it may be that you would lose a larger stack than if you play check / call .Do not be too greedy, and build the stack always nice and slow

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow.. Are higher level buyins and plays so sophisticated that someone with 100BB is willing to fold a 10BB shove on a blind war? And on a bounty tourney???

My wild guess, from micro experience though, is that since he folded that, he probably had some pretty crap hand, something like offsuite 26, 27, 28, 29, 36, 37, 38, 39, 49 etc that would fold even if you min raise him or even if you shoved on the flop after you had limped. The only case your aces would get action against those type of hands is when your aces are cracked.

I think with 10bb blinds shoving preflop on the sb is more polarised and opponent can call you with more hands than shoving on the flop. I believe you are just result oriented cause your aces got no action, but in the long term I think you would get more value from shoving pre than hoping your opponent to connect postflop.

On the other hand, if higher buyins means more thinking players, when a 10bb stack shove on someone with 100bb, probably he aint doing it to steal blinds, he aint bluffing and he is expecting to get called, so his range is pretty strong.. Well, I confused myself, I dont know. All I know is that on microstakes, shoving is definately the best option there.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it would depend on the player type he is. If he is always willing to call you I shove every time and never think twice about it. It he is very conservative I would min raise it here and hope for a call and he hits something on the flop. If I did not really have much of a read on the play I shove here. Since you are a bounty and he can afford it he is most likely going to call you much wider than normal.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise. Push- is also a good option, because this is a bounty tournament, and your opponent has a big stack and most likely he will make a call

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet a normal to pot size bet to try and get them to push an all in call if not you still win the binds:0) a win is a win:0)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't raise anything besides all in. Limp looks strange and strong 3x ,3.5x ,4x looks even stronger. Since it is a bounty i would have called with anyhand even if you had aces my stack can easily take it. Though Syltan has a extraordinary unbalanced tight image.

L

Lexgrof024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All in, indeed! Probably get called too, and a pretty nice pct for surviving that hand and getting double-uped :)

O

oreleo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!