folds. kath75 folds. neat_45244 calls. Mahpiya
Yeja checks.
** Dealing Flop **
qh.gif
2s.gif
3h.gif

neat_45244 checks. Mahpiya Yeja checks. Hero
Hamm bets 9500. jasbo1969 folds. jsubia goes all-in
for 31750. neat_45244 folds. Mahpiya Yeja folds.
Hero Hamm calls.
Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:
Hero shows :
kh.gif
th.gif

jsubia shows :
qd.gif
kd.gif

** Dealing Turn **
ah.gif

(no action in this round)
** Dealing River **
jh.gif

Showdown:
Hero Hamm has Kh Th Qh Ah Jh: royal flush.
jsubia has Qd Kd Qh Ah Jh: a pair of queens.
Game No : 56120221-202 Summary:
***** Hand History for Game 56120221-202 Summary:
No rake is taken for this hand.
Hero Hamm wins 87100 with royal flush.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not quite sure why that didn't post right considering I used CardsChat's Convertor Tool, but here is the Hand History Hand:

Hand #56120221-202 (No Limit tournament Hold'em)
Started at 15/Aug/08 21:30:55

Mahpiya Yeja is at seat 0 with 121215.
mink2005 is at seat 1 with 74460.
Absolut Hamm is at seat 2 with 96540.
jasbo1969 is at seat 3 with 166530.
jsubia is at seat 4 with 36150.
lw3077 is at seat 5 with 130365.
shades60 is at seat 7 with 125275.
kath75 is at seat 8 with 24030.
neat_45244 is at seat 9 with 221555.
The button is at seat 7.

Mahpiya Yeja posts ante (400).
mink2005 posts ante (400).
Absolut Hamm posts ante (400).
jasbo1969 posts ante (400).
jsubia posts ante (400).
lw3077 posts ante (400).
shades60 posts ante (400).
kath75 posts ante (400).
neat_45244 posts ante (400).
neat_45244 posts the small blind of 2000.
Mahpiya Yeja posts the big blind of 4000.

Mahpiya Yeja: -- --
mink2005: -- --
Absolut Hamm: Kh Th
jasbo1969: -- --
jsubia: -- --
lw3077: -- --
shades60: -- --
kath75: -- --
neat_45244: -- --

Pre-flop:

mink2005 folds. Absolut Hamm calls. jasbo1969
calls. jsubia calls. lw3077 folds. shades60
folds. kath75 folds. neat_45244 calls. Mahpiya
Yeja checks.

Flop (board: Qh 2s 3h):

neat_45244 checks. Mahpiya Yeja checks. Absolut
Hamm bets 9500. jasbo1969 folds. jsubia goes all-in
for 31750. neat_45244 folds. Mahpiya Yeja folds.
Absolut Hamm calls.

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

Absolut Hamm shows Kh Th.
jsubia shows Qd Kd.

Turn (board: Qh 2s 3h Ah):

River (board: Qh 2s 3h Ah Jh):

Showdown:

Absolut Hamm has Kh Th Qh Ah Jh: royal flush.
jsubia has Qd Kd Qh Ah Jh: a pair of queens.

Hand #56120221-202 Summary:

No rake is taken for this hand.
Absolut Hamm wins 87100 with royal flush.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you aren't looking for analysis or have questions for this hand it belongs in the Brags, Bad Beats & Vents forum for the future.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, sorry about that, I just got a little excited about posting it and didn't look hard enough I guess. I guess if a mod could move this thread to the Brags, Band Beats and Vents forum, it would be appreciated. Thanks

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did I miss something here?

You donked off your whole stack on a K high fl draw, and needed runner-runner to suckout?

Wow, I would BE really proud of that donkey move!

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a donk

Did I miss something here?

You donked off your whole stack on a K high fl draw, and needed runner-runner to suckout?

Wow, I would BE really proud of that donkey move!

I think you're being a little harsh and also inaccurate in your analysis.

Hero did not need runner runner to suck out. He needed to hit one heart by the river for his flush. He hit the ace of hearts on the turn and won the hand right there. He went on to river Jh for the royal flush, but that was just icing on the cake.

He also didn't donk off his whole stack on the call.

At the time of the call, the pot contained $33,100. Hero's stack was 96,540 - (400 + 4000 + 9500) = 82,640. He was calling a bet of an additional 22,250. Calling and losing here would leave him with 60,390.

Was it a positive eV call? Assuming he felt he needed a flush to win, he had nine outs and odds of hitting by the river were approximately 2:1 against him. He also might have figured (incorrectly) that one of three kings would give him the hand for additional odds.

Anyway, if odds were 2:1 against him, his call of 22,250 into a pot of 33,100 was about 1.5:1 pot odds. Technically speaking the pot odds to the river did not justify his call. He had no fold equity and was calling at a moderate disadvantage. Perhaps he read his opponent as weaker than a pair and justified it on that basis. Perhaps this move fit into his tournament strategy to take a chance to move up in chip stack here rather than hold tight hoping to cash.

In any case, the move can't be justified by the pot odds, but it's far from the horrendous donk move which you decry and insult him with. Are you one of those guys who spew insults at the table without thinking through the move from the other player's perspective. Even if you are, your two stated facts are simply wrong. He did not need a runner runner suckout and he was not putting his whole stack at risk.

Congratulations on the ROYAL, Hamm. :icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant That's quite a thrill. How did you finish in the tourney?

Gary the Worden

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Gary for the backup as I indeed did read the opponent as a slightly aggressive player that overplayed low pairs, so the outs for the flush, plus my outs on pairing either of my cards were enough to justify my call. I ended up finishing 8th place in the tourney, busting out with two pair(Ks and 10s, K10 pocket) vs Ks and Qs.

Merlin333

Merlin333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're being a little harsh and also inaccurate in your analysis.

Hero did not need runner runner to suck out. He needed to hit one heart by the river for his flush. He hit the ace of hearts on the turn and won the hand right there. He went on to river Jh for the royal flush, but that was just icing on the cake.

He also didn't donk off his whole stack on the call.

At the time of the call, the pot contained $33,100. Hero's stack was 96,540 - (400 + 4000 + 9500) = 82,640. He was calling a bet of an additional 22,250. Calling and losing here would leave him with 60,390.

Was it a positive eV call? Assuming he felt he needed a flush to win, he had nine outs and odds of hitting by the river were approximately 2:1 against him. He also might have figured (incorrectly) that one of three kings would give him the hand for additional odds.

Anyway, if odds were 2:1 against him, his call of 22,250 into a pot of 33,100 was about 1.5:1 pot odds. Technically speaking the pot odds to the river did not justify his call. He had no fold equity and was calling at a moderate disadvantage. Perhaps he read his opponent as weaker than a pair and justified it on that basis. Perhaps this move fit into his tournament strategy to take a chance to move up in chip stack here rather than hold tight hoping to cash.

In any case, the move can't be justified by the pot odds, but it's far from the horrendous donk move which you decry and insult him with. Are you one of those guys who spew insults at the table without thinking through the move from the other player's perspective. Even if you are, your two stated facts are simply wrong. He did not need a runner runner suckout and he was not putting his whole stack at risk.

Congratulations on the ROYAL, Hamm. :icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant That's quite a thrill. How did you finish in the tourney?

Gary the Worden

You will find many whose answer for everything is "donk/donkey" or some similar remark that demonstrates they really do not have enough command of the subject to say something that contributes to expansion or understanding of the post.

Do two things. Look at prior posts by these people, look at their own ranking to see if their "donk / insult/ smart aleck answer" belies some real understanding but inability to convey that knowledge - or not. What you will most often find is a frustrated, small person whose can't play, can't contribute but puffs up their own feeling of importance by thinking that their insults put others down and are too ignorant to see this truly reflects poorly on them. Just ignore babblers - they're in the game too and the ONLY way they can win one is to distract you with nonsense - ;).

In my view, clearly Gary's analysis is more accurate, on point and helpful. Most "virtual Ivey's" can and frequently do call everything "donk this and donk that" in a certain crowd this is all the vogue these days - it also hides the fact you really don't know what's going on. ...hmmm I wonder how often the "donkwhiners" end a game in 8th? Most I've seen don't make it to the 1st break.

You have a decision to make as to which advice you take to heart.......

GL
Merlin333:cool:

Last edited:
G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a mistake.

Gary the Worden

It was late and I made a stupid mistake. I forgot to add villain's bet into the pot.

The pot actually equals the sum of:
Five blind callers X 4,000 = 20,000
9 antes X 400 = 3600
Hero's bet = 9500
Villain's all-in = 31,750.

Pot = 64,850.

Villain's raise = 31750 - 9500 = 22,250.

So in order to call this bet, the call is 22,250 into a pot of 64,850. Those pot odds are nearly 3:1. That clearly justifies the 2:1 flush draw. So my earlier comments about the call being not quite technically justified are wrong. Hamm's call is totally justified by the odds. It is not at all any kind of a donk move, making pOK35's derogatory comments all the stranger.

Good job, Hamm. Good call. It worked out well for you and you managed to hit a royal - which is one of life's rare joys.

Gary the Worden

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks again. I am glad that I am not the only one who was kind of set back by the automatic donk comments by p0K35, because it seemed to be the right move. Merlin, you're right about the people who have nothing better than to through out dumb comments like that just because they have no positive/intelligent words to say. I am a member on a couple other Poker forums and there are people like this on every one of them....oh well

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my bad, hard to read the HH.

you called off 1/3 your stack, as a flusher? with the 2nd nut fl draw?

And then you runner-runner the miracle royal flush. Sure, you only needed a heart to make your hand, but I wouldn't be excited about it.

You got lucky, good job

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he's not being harsh, he's being his normal jerkish self. don't take it personal. he's like that to everyone.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will admit it was a miracle Royal Flush, as I would have settled with a 3h instead of the Jh just as much, but I was getting all of the odds and it showed in the end. No grudges held though, it's all good...

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slight troll, but how do you think they played the hand?

Good question. My top of the head response is this was as good a place as any to make a stand. Down to under 10 X BB, flops top pair, great kicker - probably the best post-flop hand. Hamm's bet is really a pretty weak one, so an all-in bet here has some fold equity.

What do you think, pOK? Now if you call me a donk, this is the last time we speak. I invite your well-reasoned response.;)
Gary

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slight troll, but how do you think they played the hand?
Well he got his $$ in as a 60% favorite so postflop at least is fine. Probably should have pushed preflop with KQs and an M under 5 though.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will find many whose answer for everything is "donk/donkey" or some similar remark that demonstrates they really do not have enough command of the subject to say something that contributes to expansion or understanding of the post.

Do two things. Look at prior posts by these people, look at their own ranking to see if their "donk / insult/ smart aleck answer" belies some real understanding but inability to convey that knowledge - or not. What you will most often find is a frustrated, small person whose can't play, can't contribute but puffs up their own feeling of importance by thinking that their insults put others down and are too ignorant to see this truly reflects poorly on them. Just ignore babblers - they're in the game too and the ONLY way they can win one is to distract you with nonsense - ;).

In my view, clearly Gary's analysis is more accurate, on point and helpful. Most "virtual Ivey's" can and frequently do call everything "donk this and donk that" in a certain crowd this is all the vogue these days - it also hides the fact you really don't know what's going on. ...hmmm I wonder how often the "donkwhiners" end a game in 8th? Most I've seen don't make it to the 1st break.

You have a decision to make as to which advice you take to heart.......

GL
Merlin333:cool:

donk

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
>.<

It's sarcasm. He wrote a long post about people who simply say "donk" to everything and don't pay attention to what was said, so I used the sophisticated art of satire to help bring this pressing issue to the public eye.

It was in jest, I'm still a nice guy :)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to agree with James' assessment. Without reading it all the way through I see the words donk or donkey several times in Merlin's post...clear sign of a donk ;).
I can't add anything because i still can't read the HH.

V

vpb0i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good thing about having the nuts, is you can play how ever you want without worrying about it getting screwed over, meaning good vaule bet, can obv lead the opponent in, nh

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good thing about having the nuts, is you can play how ever you want without worrying about it getting screwed over, meaning good vaule bet, can obv lead the opponent in, nh

No value bet. He didn't have the nuts t the time of the bet.

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
>.<

It's sarcasm. He wrote a long post about people who simply say "donk" to everything and don't pay attention to what was said, so I used the sophisticated art of satire to help bring this pressing issue to the public eye.

It was in jest, I'm still a nice guy :)

Gotcha! Mine was sarcasm too. Or something like that. Donk.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats!

I remember the 1st (an' ONLY) straight flush to the ace I ever got--- I can't explain it as complete as you did, but it was at my very 1st CC tourny on the very 1st hand!:) I was delt the K-10 spades--I think I just checked or called, no bet as K-10) suited ain't all that great, but I learned from Chris Ferguson, that it COULD be a decnt hand--so I just stayed in, an' what gets flopped? A-J-Q spades!! I was so shocked I really didn't know HOW to play it, so I just limped--all but 1 player folded to my min bet 'cuz he had pr. Qs ! But what made things even harder, was 4 spades onna turn--4 spades showin' an' him w/no spade! so acourse he folds! Leavin' me with a monster an' no where to go!:rolleyes: I think I wound up with 2-3 hundred chipS1 BUT I DID whind up inna money at my very 1st CC tourny! Congrats on doin' wat U did!;)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just have to keep on playing as many hands as you can. I mean I have been playing hold'em for about 17 years and I think all together online and live I have only had probably 8 ever. Not very common, but in due tome you will get one.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think, pOK? Now if you call me a donk, this is the last time we speak. I invite your well-reasoned response.

Huh, what? Is that a challenge? Methinks we posting 'text', could be wrong...

Zero, called 1/3 stack, with only a fl draw.

Villain, oops sucker, went allin with best hand.

Zero thinks posting runner-runner, suckout is "pretty exciting", including TOTAL lack of etiquette, chat.

Zero, sucks out on the turn, and miracles the "royal fl".

OK, I'm excited, not.

Poker may be about getting 'lucky', when I get lucky...

Full Flush Poker