Pre Bubble SNG: Should I have called here?

calibanboy

calibanboy

Total posts
Its a turbo and blinds rise quickly. In a recent thread I asked if I should squeeze. This is the opposite, should I call??

also,

a) What range of hands do you put him on??? He knows that he only has this hand and the next to have any type of fold equity.

b) what is the minimum you would call him with here?

Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 33317297) - Tue May 08 11:52:18 EDT 2007
Table Speed 1330211 (real money) -- Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: Schwitters (5800)
Seat 2: Calibanboy (2530)
Seat 4: Figa82 (2090)
Seat 7: vanvelde (8030)
Seat 10: tottmeister2 (1550)
Calibanboy posts small blind (200)
Figa82 posts big blind (400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Calibanboy [ Ac, 4h ]
vanvelde folds.
tottmeister2 raises (1550) to 1550
tottmeister2 is all-In.
Schwitters folds.
Calibanboy folds.
Figa82 folds.
Creating Main Pot with $1000 with tottmeister2
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1000

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Total posts
I put him on any ace, KT+ any pair, any connectors or bigger one gaps.

I'll call with AJ+ 88+, might fold AJ and 88 if he's been particularly tight.

J

joeeagles

Total posts
a) His range, given his low M, is really wide. Any 2 cards probably as low as J9.

b) others may disagree with this, but I like your fold here, because your stack is small too. I would much rather be the raiser (which a chance to steal) than the caller with A4 and your stack size. As far as the minimum I would call with, again it depends on how big my stack is. Since you posted an actual HH here lets stick to your stack (2530, blinds 200/400). Its obvious that if you're going to call you need a good hand because you can't afford to lose. Even with a low M, and this may be wrong, I stick with Sklansky's "gap concept", loosening it up just a little. I would call this with AT or better, either than that fold. You could easily be ahead here given his range, but you can't afford to lose. The situation would be different if your stack was bigger.

CraigAD

CraigAD

Total posts
I definitely think a good fold. PokerStove has you at only 42% against a range of any pair or any broadway; 50% if you through in any suited 2 cards and only 52% if you add unsuited one-gappers: even with a stack as short as his that's a pretty wide range. I think AT or AJ would be around my minimum here, as already said I'd probably push with your hand but not call. Then again, I probably tighten up too much in these situations, will be interesting to hear other opinions.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
See a lot of folks call with A/anything in this situation but agree with the fold. No need to make a move quite yet & he's still in same position he was.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Gawd, no. I would never call with this. You're 3rd in chips -- what's the rush? In my experience many times this player will have a bigger ace than A4 or possibly any pair. Either way you're in bad shape.