£2 NLHE MTT: Villain reraises on turn, hero has bottom straight, response???

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£2 NLHE MTT: Villain reraises on turn, hero has bottom straight, response???

Stack Sizes: Hero (BB) - 11000
Villain (UTG+1) - 9600
MP - 2420
SB - 9800

Blinds: 60/120

Preflop:

UTG fold
Villain calls
MP calls
Fold to SB who calls
Hero calls w/ :10d4: :8d4:

Flop: :10h4: :9s4: :qh4:

SB checks, Hero checks, Villain bets 160, MP calls, sb folds, hero calls.

Turn: :js4:

Hero bets 360, Villain reraises 2400, MP folds, Hero???

I'd recently moved tables so no reads on the players.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold on the flop. The reverse implied odds are horrible.

As played fold turn.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold on the flop. The reverse implied odds are horrible.

As played fold turn.

I am a massive donk so I apologise if this is a stupid question but: why fold? I've got outs. I can hit another ten to get a set, plus I can be reasonably certain that he hasn't got a 9 so if another nine comes up I've got higher two pair.

I did fold on the turn because I assumed he'd hit his king high straight, but I'm just not sure why I should've folded on the flop.

FeltLikeIt

FeltLikeIt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck

:rofl: well for starters he probally did hit his king and thats enough to justify a easy fold! The only way I can call this is if I had a set, and I was feeling stupid enough to believe in Luck....

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a massive donk so I apologise if this is a stupid question but: why fold? I've got outs. I can hit another ten to get a set, plus I can be reasonably certain that he hasn't got a 9 so if another nine comes up I've got higher two pair.

I did fold on the turn because I assumed he'd hit his king high straight, but I'm just not sure why I should've folded on the flop.

Because there are two cards that increase our hand strength and that's it really. A raise and a call means we're probably behind at this point and quite a few cards can strike that increase our hand strength but decrease our relative hand strength. The only cards I'd know what to do with are the tens, anything else and I don't think you can have a decent plan. I almost never proceed in a hand without a plan for what to do if any card hits. I think nearly every card in the deck is bad and you end up putting yourself in a shit spot by calling flop. Add to this you have to play the rest of the hand OOP and I just think you're asking for trouble.