jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My hand in tournament. Few informations about villain but he was appear agressive in few hands i saw.

888Poker, Omaha Pot Limit - 100/200 (20 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

jean1279 (UTG): 4,509 (23 bb)
ala1957 (MP): 3,358 (17 bb)
Pavelucky (CO): 7,901 (40 bb)
razcatel (BU): 1,910 (10 bb)
ventcloo (SB): 9,794 (49 bb)
Victor_Od (BB): 1,459 (7 bb)

Pre-Flop: (420) Hero (jean1279) is UTG with A K 2 Q
jean1279 (UTG) raises to 400, 1 fold, Pavelucky (CO) 3-bets to 600, 3 players fold, jean1279 (UTG) calls 200

Flop:
(1,620) Q 2 Q (2 players)
jean1279 (UTG) checks, Pavelucky (CO) bets 534, jean1279 (UTG) calls 534

Turn:
(2,688) T (2 players)
jean1279 (UTG) checks, Pavelucky (CO) bets 887, jean1279 (UTG) calls 887

River:
(4,462) 9 (2 players)
jean1279 (UTG) checks, Pavelucky (CO) bets 4,462, jean1279 (UTG) calls 2,468 (all-in)

Total pot:

Showdown:
Pavelucky (CO) shows 3 Q T 9 (a full house, Queens full of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 51%, Flop: 33%, Turn: 85%, River: 100%)

jean1279 (UTG) shows A K 2 Q (a full house, Queens full of Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 49%, Flop: 67%, Turn: 15%, River: 0%)

Pavelucky (CO) wins 9,398

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a regular Omaha player so take my advice (as with any post I write) with a grain of salt and caution. In going through the hand I believe I would have played the hand exactly the way you played it. I think flop is easy check and call as we own the board and if we were to raise villain should not be calling there without the case Q or the case 22.

Turn: Check as you did again and hope villain fires. I think check raising there is not bad but I still wouldnt really put villain on much as their bets are small and we monopolize so much of the board so I would just call in game as you did.

River: This is the only point in the hand where I really hesitated as I am torn on leading there vs checking. I think its probably villain dependent. You write they were aggressive from what you saw in previous hands so with that I would check there as you did. When they jam its interesting since what would they now jam with but bluffs we believe would probably use this sizing so it can still be wide here. Its not good that we have the K as a blocker card as it reduces the chance that villain has KJ in their hand. Our hand is way too good though to fold and depending on villain there are bluffs here and straights, non boat Qx, etc. that could do this so I put this as a fairly easy river call. Just an unfortunate part of Omaha that this happens and we took the worst of it.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My hand in tournament. Few informations about villain but he was appear agressive in few hands i saw.

888Poker, Omaha Pot Limit - 100/200 (20 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

jean1279 (UTG): 4,509 (23 bb)
ala1957 (MP): 3,358 (17 bb)
Pavelucky (CO): 7,901 (40 bb)
razcatel (BU): 1,910 (10 bb)
ventcloo (SB): 9,794 (49 bb)
Victor_Od (BB): 1,459 (7 bb)

Pre-Flop: (420) Hero (jean1279) is UTG with A K 2 Q
jean1279 (UTG) raises to 400, 1 fold, Pavelucky (CO) 3-bets to 600, 3 players fold, jean1279 (UTG) calls 200

Flop:
(1,620) Q 2 Q (2 players)
jean1279 (UTG) checks, Pavelucky (CO) bets 534, jean1279 (UTG) calls 534

Turn:
(2,688) T (2 players)
jean1279 (UTG) checks, Pavelucky (CO) bets 887, jean1279 (UTG) calls 887

River:
(4,462) 9 (2 players)
jean1279 (UTG) checks, Pavelucky (CO) bets 4,462, jean1279 (UTG) calls 2,468 (all-in)

Total pot:

Showdown:
Pavelucky (CO) shows 3 Q T 9 (a full house, Queens full of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 51%, Flop: 33%, Turn: 85%, River: 100%)

jean1279 (UTG) shows A K 2 Q (a full house, Queens full of Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 49%, Flop: 67%, Turn: 15%, River: 0%)

Pavelucky (CO) wins 9,39

Watching replay no results -I do know of course you make a full-house

Preflop unless your V are very passive this is not a hand we want to open UTG-while it does have high cards it has no flush draw and in PLO we can still be OOP Axxx with a flush draw hands that can punish us often- we also cannot continue on any medium or low boards so 2/3 of boards are bad for us-of the 1/3 of boards that hit us well we have to hope they are not monotone or 2 tone- that is a big ask when we are UTG
If I did play this hand UTG in a tournament with your SPR- If I raised it would never be min--- I would limp fold it most often when played but mostly it is just a fold pre.

As played we are calling the min reraise but we are hating life

Flop we get bailed out this is almost prefect ---almost our V can have Qxxx hands that can outdraw us and miracle one outers can happen-
slow playing is fine here if the V has Qx it all goes in the middle if they have bluffs we let them continue

Turn ten is not great for us as the V is more likely to now have a full house than AAxx. Why? the preflop min 3 in PLO is more run down hands than AAxx
QTxx is common in those holdings -Calling is fine no Qx is folding so we want to keep the bluffs live

River 9 another card that sucks for us- This is where we can consider folding- unless The V is very bad at PLO a good PLO V is not value betting worse than us and therefore not bluffing on this runout very often- If they are weak they could be betting worse houses not understanding we do not call turn with trips we shove them-

I would expect a bigger full house here with some QT or Q9 combo

wow they hit both that really sucks:sick:

The key to this hand is do not open this combo UTG it is not a strong combo:poop: ---

as I stated above it has very bad board coverage yes you have A2 but that only makes the worst low straight and V will have flush redraws and house redraws and bigger straight redraws and if you are OOP EQR is near impossible with A2 low board draw no back door flush flops.

Do not even think but if I do play preflop what would I do?- just don't be in this pot- you are just making life horrible for yourself

Thanks for sharing

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Omaha you want to make mainly Full Houses, Flushes, Straights. You should not play a combination preflop which will be unable to make this criteria. And as it is not H/L, you only had 3 high cards, which could be very risky when someone will be capable to appear with a paired one in the hand.
Moreover, you even opened from UTG to smaller, even shoveable stacks on the BTN and BB, so its bleeding from many reasons.

Post flop is great that you realised that with the absolute nuts and such a dry board you will be unable to make value unless you let your opponent to have 1 more street, so this is a solid move.
The bet-bet-allin line however seems way too strong, pretty much indicates a Q on the other side, even if there's only 1 remaining.

Yeah, that's really unlucky that this person arrived with a better Full! As Eetenor explained in such an easily understandable and great way, the key was that you should not play this combination. Unlucky situations can happen everytime especially in Omaha, but if you're doing the most to reduce the numbers, an even better pre-flop selection could help you a lot.

Thank you for the post, good luck on the fields! :)

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am not a regular Omaha player so take my advice (as with any post I write) with a grain of salt and caution. In going through the hand I believe I would have played the hand exactly the way you played it. I think flop is easy check and call as we own the board and if we were to raise villain should not be calling there without the case Q or the case 22.

Turn: Check as you did again and hope villain fires. I think check raising there is not bad but I still wouldnt really put villain on much as their bets are small and we monopolize so much of the board so I would just call in game as you did.

River: This is the only point in the hand where I really hesitated as I am torn on leading there vs checking. I think its probably villain dependent. You write they were aggressive from what you saw in previous hands so with that I would check there as you did. When they jam its interesting since what would they now jam with but bluffs we believe would probably use this sizing so it can still be wide here. Its not good that we have the K as a blocker card as it reduces the chance that villain has KJ in their hand. Our hand is way too good though to fold and depending on villain there are bluffs here and straights, non boat Qx, etc. that could do this so I put this as a fairly easy river call. Just an unfortunate part of Omaha that this happens and we took the worst of it.
thanks for sharing your time and explanation

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In Omaha you want to make mainly Full Houses, Flushes, Straights. You should not play a combination preflop which will be unable to make this criteria. And as it is not H/L, you only had 3 high cards, which could be very risky when someone will be capable to appear with a paired one in the hand.
Moreover, you even opened from UTG to smaller, even shoveable stacks on the BTN and BB, so its bleeding from many reasons.

Post flop is great that you realised that with the absolute nuts and such a dry board you will be unable to make value unless you let your opponent to have 1 more street, so this is a solid move.
The bet-bet-allin line however seems way too strong, pretty much indicates a Q on the other side, even if there's only 1 remaining.

Yeah, that's really unlucky that this person arrived with a better Full! As Eetenor explained in such an easily understandable and great way, the key was that you should not play this combination. Unlucky situations can happen everytime especially in Omaha, but if you're doing the most to reduce the numbers, an even better pre-flop selection could help you a lot.

Thank you for the post, good luck on the fields! :)

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Watching replay no results -I do know of course you make a full-house

Preflop unless your V are very passive this is not a hand we want to open UTG-while it does have high cards it has no flush draw and in PLO we can still be OOP Axxx with a flush draw hands that can punish us often- we also cannot continue on any medium or low boards so 2/3 of boards are bad for us-of the 1/3 of boards that hit us well we have to hope they are not monotone or 2 tone- that is a big ask when we are UTG
If I did play this hand UTG in a tournament with your SPR- If I raised it would never be min--- I would limp fold it most often when played but mostly it is just a fold pre.

As played we are calling the min reraise but we are hating life

Flop we get bailed out this is almost prefect ---almost our V can have Qxxx hands that can outdraw us and miracle one outers can happen-
slow playing is fine here if the V has Qx it all goes in the middle if they have bluffs we let them continue

Turn ten is not great for us as the V is more likely to now have a full house than AAxx. Why? the preflop min 3 in PLO is more run down hands than AAxx
QTxx is common in those holdings -Calling is fine no Qx is folding so we want to keep the bluffs live

River 9 another card that sucks for us- This is where we can consider folding- unless The V is very bad at PLO a good PLO V is not value betting worse than us and therefore not bluffing on this runout very often- If they are weak they could be betting worse houses not understanding we do not call turn with trips we shove them-

I would expect a bigger full house here with some QT or Q9 combo

wow they hit both that really sucks:sick:

The key to this hand is do not open this combo UTG it is not a strong combo:poop: ---

as I stated above it has very bad board coverage yes you have A2 but that only makes the worst low straight and V will have flush redraws and house redraws and bigger straight redraws and if you are OOP EQR is near impossible with A2 low board draw no back door flush flops.

Do not even think but if I do play preflop what would I do?- just don't be in this pot- you are just making life horrible for yourself

Thanks for sharing

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First, i never open this hand on UTG, had any draw, is a very poor hand. After you hit, in turn or river you need to ask yourself what hand is paying until the momment. AAxx you still winning and not gonna pay you in the river, Qxxx is the best thing you can expect in this river to pay your bet, the another Qxxx what come to the river you is loosing. After two calls, i check this river and gg next hand, but never more open this hand from UTG