Pocket tens in a sng, would you call this 3bet?

B

Bentheman87

Total posts
Stacks:
* UTG with 2515
* UTG+1 with 1420
* MP1 with 1410
* MP2 with 2290
* CO with 1145
* BTN with 1810
* SB with 1490
* BB with 1420

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to MP1:T♥ T♣
* * Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * Hero raises to 280
* * 1 players fold.
* * CO raises to 999

Then folds to me.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

S93

S93

Legend
Total posts
Any reads on him? It completly depends on your reads on him and if you whant to flip coin for the pot because at best its a coinflip up against AK.
I whould fold this and wait for a better spot

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Total posts
Yeah, this type of situation is really read dependant....it's also funny that he decided to leave the 240 or so behind when he bet.....lol. Realistically I think you should fold and find a better spot too. Although his range includes hands such as 6's-9's, it also has J's-A's with the Ax combo's....if you think ur flipping and wanna gamble then call, and if you call and bust him you have a good stack in the SnG; really tho it all comes down to the type of player that guy is, and how loose you think he's shoving.

E

erille

Total posts
What are the blinds on? You gotta put that info in or we can't tell you anything.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Total posts
Seeing as his bet puts him all-in lets assume that you both go all-in pf as you don't just call. I will also assume the blinds are 50/100 as your raise seems to suggests they were in that ballpark. I think you need to tell us any reads as well.

However, the 150 plus the 280 plus the 999 gives us 1429 and we can add the villains remaining 146 to give us 1575. We need to put in around 1100, so the rounded odds are just under 1.5:1. We need to win just over 40% of the time to be profitable (think that is right?)

Against an overpair we are 80-20, but if you ask me the raise seems to be suggesting he doesnt have one. Why not re-raise less to induce more money for your opponent? Why not just go all-in if you did want to bet quite big? With a big pair I would want to get as much money as I could, and the extra 150 or so isn't going to change your decision.

Against two overcards, which is quite likely imho, we are 55-45 favourite and obviously getting odds.

Against the underpair we are 80-20 as well and for me the underpair is slightly more likely than the overpair but the two can cancel each other out if we are being slightly pessimistic.

No idea as you have given no reads as to whether this opponent is capable of re-raising bluffing but you always have to consider that as well. With all this put together, even if you thought this guy had an overpair around half of the time, which seems very unlikely, this appears to me to be a profitable play to make the all-in. Plus, in SnG, you have to try and grab your chance when it comes, and this could be your best opportunity.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Total posts
Awards
Stupid bet size = villain probably has pocket nines, so shove this all day long :p

B

Bentheman87

Total posts
Thnx for the advice guys, I folded so I'll never kno what he had :confused: