Pocket Tens $5 Sit and Go.

K

Kick The Bucket

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand of a Sit and Go. What action do we take here?

full tilt poker Game #6517919853: $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go (49547560), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:02:21 ET - 2008/05/22
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Kick The Bucket [Tc Ts]
R14tier raises to 60
Pascal444 folds
Goose41 folds
jvaisteplume raises to 120
119travis calls 120
Kick The Bucket calls 120
Ef The Champ folds
welldan folds
pike100 calls 90
R14tier calls 60
*** FLOP *** [4s 6h 6s]
pike100 checks
R14tier bets 30
jvaisteplume has 15 seconds left to act
jvaisteplume raises to 270
119travis calls 270
Kick The Bucket ?????

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. Bit of a train wreck of a hand. As it stands on the first hand i'd say just fold. jvaisteplume is representing a big overpair or something like AsKs. I'd suspect one of the others has 77-99, which you beat, but for all you know one of the others called with A6 or 76 or something. You are in a shove or fold situation and shoving with no reads vs that many unknown players in the pot is probably just going to be a disaster. With that much action you aren't likely to come out on top of this hand, especially considering you still have 2 players to act.

It is just hard to know in that situation if one of the players picked up AA on the first hand or is a maniac who is willing to ship it with nothing but overcards. You aren't very committed with only 120 so i'd just get away and watch them donk each other out.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to tell with no stack sizes info.:(

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold it, we played for set value and missed our set so dump it too this much flop action. We are faced with a big flop raise which is repping big pair but may be a bluff or flush draw with overs, but more importantly imo we have travis in the hand. He cold called the flop raise, now that signals strength or a draw (flush draw prob) so either has pock 4's, a 6 or flush draw with overs.

Adding all all that together, we are rarely ahead in the situation to start with, and even if we somehow have the best hand at the moment, we are still underdog vs flush draw with overs.

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold it, we played for set value and missed our set so dump it too this much flop action. We are faced with a big flop raise which is repping big pair but may be a bluff or flush draw with overs, but more importantly imo we have travis in the hand. He cold called the flop raise, now that signals strength or a draw (flush draw prob) so either has pock 4's, a 6 or flush draw with overs.

Adding all all that together, we are rarely ahead in the situation to start with, and even if we somehow have the best hand at the moment, we are still underdog vs flush draw with overs.
^^this - fold it - its early and we'll get much better spots to get our chips in when we can reasonably assume that we are favourite.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somebody ate your worm off the hook. (fishing analogy) I only fish one street.

With two 9x bets in front of you... fold. I'd bet one of them was playing an A-6 sooted...