Pocket KK

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What? Fold to the BB with KK. Are you serious? It doesn't even fold on the bubble.

P

ParadiseFisher_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also dont see too much scenarios how to fold KK in the BB.
Maybe one is in a satellite, if you got the ticket guaranteed and there is no need anymore for action

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we are in stone cold bubble than it better to fold even AA and it's KK I too think it fold for sure.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Of course it all depends on the situation. In most cases, with such a strong pair you should take a risk.
Good luck.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Mid way through a tournament, this was the question. Read the topic properly...
I guess, you should call. It can happen, your opponent has an A, but not sure, that the board gives him an A (except on pokerstars - lol).

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If All-in more than 50% of my stack, I throw a KK and AA ... Very often the generator of random numbers gives the victory to the one who goes to All-in even with a trash card ... according to my observations :)

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mid way through a tournament dealt pocket KK in the BB. One player, who has me covered, goes all in. What is the play here? Call or fold?

Assuming 20BB stacks, you have to call 19BB. Essentially AA is the only hand that is really bad for you, but the thing about AA is people trap with it, so you can usually discount it from an open-shove range.

So versus a tight shoving range assuming they trap with AA that leaves KK-TT,ATs+,AKo - you have 73% equity. If they also shove AA, you have 66.5% equity, and the wider their range the more equity you have. If they trap with KK and AA then you have 75.5% equity. If they shove more pairs, you have even more equity.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mid way through a tournament dealt pocket KK in the BB. One player, who has me covered, goes all in. What is the play here? Call or fold?
This is an obvious call, depending on whether you hit ITM or not. If for some reason this factor is not important to you, then this hand is obviously not folded. There may be worse hands such as AK, QQ, JJ AQ and others that you dominate, yes, there may be AA, but this is not always the case. conclusion - never thrown away

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know what tournament you played in and what stacks you were, I will never fold this hand anyway

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to fold kk. I will call. Maybe you are against a lower pair.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
for sure calll......never fold kk if you have to loose you will loose with anything in your hand......

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will definitely call in the middle of the tournament

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Call 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. You bust - oh well.

Never fold KK pre - unless it is TOTALLY obvious you are beat - ie. UTG open UTG+2 3bet UTG+3 4 bet HJ shoves CO calls button OVERBET JAMs - and you sitting in bb with KK.
That is an obvious - and still difficult fold.

One guy who just covers you open shoves - Unless you know him as the NITTest player ever who NEVER open jams with nothing other than AA - it should be a call.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
It is more logical to play a call, this is one of the premium cards and it is not very logical to fold it. Moreover, who gives a guarantee that having made a pass to KK, then you will not be knocked out of the game on other less powerful cards. Then you will simply regret that you did not take advantage of the KK chances.:)