Chips
its all about how you play them man. you are doing somthing wrong

N

nujack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been burned too sometimes i bet early with them before the flop and after the flop i keep betting but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt i try to go with the gut

R

RxGirl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sublimer21 said:
I fold those pocket A's, You just can't risk getting burned!!!
I agree, hate to fold them, but I seem to lose everytime I get those aces!

E

edfree1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i just bet and hope for the best.

L

Lakers4Life

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone here has the right idea. I mean, I hate to think about how many times I've been beaten or seen someone get beaten holding pocket aces. You definitely need to clear the field down preflop with a big bet. If you only pick up the blinds, so what.....at least you didn't get whiped out by somebody who played his 4-5 offsuit because he was the big blind and flopped a straight ya know?

Sharkman

Sharkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah! Eliminate the low possibilities, for sure!! I called an all in with pocket Aces in a tourney a couple of weeks ago. He showed his cards and wow! He had pocket Aces too! We split the pot, but I was kind of mad. He thought it was just so funny. So I waited around and took him out. It made me feel alot better to see him mad. LMAO!!!!

:ridinghor

E

Executioner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For some reason, I always lose with pocket A's. Either the other person has two pairs or draws something at the end, Just plain bad luck. I would side with the people who goes all in but the bad thing about that is most people just fold and you don't maximize the value of the AA.

K

Kingdeuceoff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
people always remember when they lose with aces because they think they are the ultimate end to hands.

I always like to make a raise about 5xBB with them to keep in the serious hands or those wanting to throw away money. I usually put out a pot size bet on the flop too.....but the thing is you have to know when youre beat...when theres a one card straight on the board and three of a suit and there are two guys raising and reraising...just sit that one out, you'll get them again in 220 hands, about.

H

hotrod13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usuaslly bet them 5 to 6 times blinds preflop, then after the flop bet 5 or 6 times the blind, then if that doesn't get em out I fold..

hotrod

I

impressthekid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ya to me i hate getting AA i would rather get J 10 suited cause i also lose witht them in less you are like playing 1vs1 but still they always find a way to lose but it is so hard not to keep beating

Z

zeta056

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to raise on pocket aces when there are more than 5 other players on that table... otherwise if you try to slow play them someone may catch an ugly 2 pair on the flop for example holding 78.... raise them and play them the way they should be played... thats my take

AnnoDomino

AnnoDomino

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet big,, if u just take the blinds so be it

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ok, I'm about to get real corny here, but, I am reminded of a certain song that I think we all know.....(WARNING! FOR THOSE WHO DISLIKE CHEESE....TURN AWAY NOW!!!!!!!) "You gotta know when ta hold 'em, know when to fold 'em". Ok, sorry! I'll try not to ever do that again!!!:vroam:

M

mccarthp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that with AA if you raise b4 the flop, doesn't matter what amount, there will always be 2 or 3 ppl who will call most of the time. The thing is they call with hands that are considered average. This one called my 15000 preflop raise with suited 5/6. Now who in there right would call a raise like that with 5/6 suited. I still one the pot, but the guy had the nerve to call me lucky at the end of the hand just because he flopped a wheel and the board then paired giving me a Full House.

Its ppl like that that just drive me mad sometimes.

N

Nabbin Bones

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces are a tough hand. 98% of the time, you can't get away from them - especially pre-flop. If heads up, get in for as much as possible. The more hands you have to worry about beating, the lower your chance of winning is going to be.

mccarthp said:
I have found that with AA if you raise b4 the flop, doesn't matter what amount, there will always be 2 or 3 ppl who will call most of the time. The thing is they call with hands that are considered average. This one called my 15000 preflop raise with suited 5/6. Now who in there right would call a raise like that with 5/6 suited. I still one the pot, but the guy had the nerve to call me lucky at the end of the hand just because he flopped a wheel and the board then paired giving me a Full House.

Its ppl like that that just drive me mad sometimes.
mccarthp -- happens to me time after time. I've had the best starting hand and have someone call with 5/2 suited, and pull straights and flushes from everywhere. Make them put there money on the line to take the chance -- all you can do.

Last edited:
S

Smarts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone loses with pocket aces (and every other starting hand) but you still have to play them as hard as you can before the flop and at least once after. Anyone who tells you to fold pocket aces is insane and doesn't understand the odds or can't control their own play.

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont ever slowplay ....just raise...if there limpern in the table ...raise x3 + limper...

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually raise 3BB and hope someone 3-bets me. Then I go all-in, as there are usually multiple callers, to try to narrow the field to one other player. if you lose, you lose, but I don't limp with these anymore.

J

Jmckay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get beat when i have aces prabably 60% of the time.. and 30% of the time everyone folds preflop so i cant even use em....

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA apparently not for the faint of heart

Pocket Aces at a straight 2 game with every person staying in, wins about 30% of the time. That's with 10 people staying in the hand, that's why one raises with pocket Aces so as to single people out.

For instance say Hero is in a tournament and on button, blinds are 100/200. UTG 3-bet raises to 550 with two callers so Hero with his/her Pocket aces raises to 3k, UTG 5 bets, others may or may not fold doesn't matter Hero shoves all in.

Another for instance: Hero in same tournament, same blinds is UTG with Pocket Aces. Hero Raises to 800. This size is a good size as it can do a couple things if the Hero has the appearance of being a newbie to the game it makes people think he/she has pocket 8's - pocket J's. and is trying to over bet to get people off the hand and take the pot down. Any large pairs KK, QQ, or AKs, AKo and the like are going to pay you off big time and are a major underdog and it forces the drawing hands that could take Hero out.

The name of the game with Pocket Aces is to single a person out so as to increase your chances of winning. For every person more than one your chances decrease dramatically so raise, re-raise do what ya have to get it down to a single player.

Regards,
GiGiCat:)

H

hiker5878

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces

took me several years to notice that one pair is usually NOT going to win at most show downs, always be willing and able to fold when you are re raised after the turn or river.. My favorite lil quote I run through my head in this situation, "Live to play again tomorrow". Do I get bluffed sometimes? Maybe but would be willing to bet I am ahead..

And NO. Won't give any of you my screen name...;) Lol

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The issue with Aces is that they rarely improve so what you have is one pair. Any hand that improves to 2 pair, a straight, etc. will take your stack if you are not careful.
With all that being said, if you represent a big hand preflop, and you continue to show strength and someone is betting or raising you big, more often than not you are beat. Some people think the hand is just too big to fold. But in reality most of the time you have ONE PAIR.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I don't like playing pocket aces preflop. Very often I have been losing with them lately.

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my true favorite hand in all of poker …If I can get this hand a lot in a tourney than I’ll take it , always make a raise and hope someone else 3bets and than I have the choice to 4 bet or flat depends on the villain