PLO on the go -- which hand is better on the flop?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stacks: - BabyHumvee with 6990 - anachronism1 with 6510

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 200/400
Site: pokerstars
Dealt to BabyHumvee:
qc.gif
5c.gif
ac.gif
7s.gif

Preflop: babyhumvee calls [200]
* - anachronism1 raises 400 to 800 babyhumvee calls [400]
* - Potsize: 1600
Flop:
8c.gif
4h.gif
3c.gif

* - anachronism1 bets [1600] babyhumvee raises 4590 to 6190 [ all-in ]
* - anachronism1 calls [4110] [ all-in ]
* - Potsize: 13500
Turn:
2d.gif

* - Potsize: 13500
River:
2s.gif

Results:
* - anachronism1 shows two pair, Eights and Fours:
kd.gif
jd.gif
8d.gif
4s.gif

* - BabyHumvee shows a straight, Ace to Five:
qc.gif
5c.gif
ac.gif
7s.gif
BabyHumvee collected 13020 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I told the guy after the hand that I was the favorite but he didn't buy it. I claimed I was 55% on the flop to win the hand.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah with the oesd and flush draw I'd say 55% sounds about right

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 pair almost never hold ups in Omaha. With your flush draw and double belly buster straight draw you had the best drawing hand which is usually the best hand in Omaha. He obviously has recently switched from holdem to omaha and doesnt understand the game too well.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was pretty close :)

Attachments

• PLO stats draw on flop.JPG
    PLO stats draw on flop.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 28
wickedlovely

wickedlovely

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious what Omaha odds calculator you use. I used the one at CardPlayer.com and got slightly different preflop odds (45.97/53.98).

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 pair almost never hold ups in Omaha. With your flush draw and double belly buster straight draw you had the best drawing hand which is usually the best hand in Omaha. He obviously has recently switched from holdem to omaha and doesnt understand the game too well.

Even in holdem he should know that oesd + fd > 2 pair oddswise slightly, which in the end is pretty much what this boils down to.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even in holdem he should know that oesd + fd > 2 pair oddswise slightly, which in the end is pretty much what this boils down to.

Yes, but the difference is, in Omaha there is a much greater possibility that your opponent has a flush/straight draw than in Holdem. It's the 4 cards, so the odds of a flush or striaght hitting are much greater in Omaha than Holdem which is why playing 2 pairs and sets are generally loseing propositions long term in Omaha where there are positive EV in Holdem.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but the difference is, in Omaha there is a much greater possibility that your opponent has a flush/straight draw than in Holdem. It's the 4 cards, so the odds of a flush or striaght hitting are much greater in Omaha than Holdem which is why playing 2 pairs and sets are generally loseing propositions long term in Omaha where there are positive EV in Holdem.

Indeed - I was merely trying to put myself in a solely Holdem background like you suggested of the vil - meaning that he couldn't have been tooooo shocked at the outcome even if he was a complete plo-tard

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands