Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It happens to us all mate. FYI, I would have called the flop as well.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
turn call is fine but the preflop flat was terrible I dont mind having a flating range in that spot but i prefer not and just 3bet everything and sizing up that would put pressure on SB and UTG1 and if SB cold 4bets its an easy fold. 3betting in this spot is much better than flating because its so hard to balance our flating range and its gonna affect our 3betting range as well and it may cause loss in EV in the next streets and so many more reasons UTG can leverage his range advantage on some board textures and we cant do anything about it.......LOTS OF REASONS. playing a simple balanced strategy and playing it well is so much better than playing a tricky complicated one and fail to execute it correctly.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played the hand great :)

Pre-Flop: You're deep with the other big stack so calling is fine here.

Flop: Good call with only one overcard.

Turn: Player-dependent, but against someone aggro (or even unknown) this is the correct call when the jack pairs.

River: No worse hand will call your bet or better hand fold to a bet, so check-back is also the best play.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
turn call is fine but the preflop flat was terrible I dont mind having a flating range in that spot but i prefer not and just 3bet everything and sizing up that would put pressure on SB and UTG1 and if SB cold 4bets its an easy fold. 3betting in this spot is much better than flating because its so hard to balance our flating range and its gonna affect our 3betting range as well and it may cause loss in EV in the next streets and so many more reasons UTG can leverage his range advantage on some board textures and we cant do anything about it.......LOTS OF REASONS. playing a simple balanced strategy and playing it well is so much better than playing a tricky complicated one and fail to execute it correctly.

i still have to learn to optimize my game....

I think you played the hand great :)

Pre-Flop: You're deep with the other big stack so calling is fine here.

Flop: Good call with only one overcard.

Turn: Player-dependent, but against someone aggro (or even unknown) this is the correct call when the jack pairs.

River: No worse hand will call your bet or better hand fold to a bet, so check-back is also the best play.

thank you :)

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The question is: You called trying find a set or played thinking in the opponent's range? If the answer is the first, you didn't play well. But if you put nothing in his hand, very well played.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question is: You called trying find a set or played thinking in the opponent's range? If the answer is the first, you didn't play well. But if you put nothing in his hand, very well played.

I feel there are something different on his strong turn bet,, i didn't think he'ld bet that much if he only had 99 or 1010 ( i might be wrong),, i also didn't think he had QQ+ on his flat call preflop, the possible hand is some Jx,, if he shoved or made strong river bet, i'll fold...

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont love the pre flop call but I dont hate it either. You have the stack for it and it is a hand that you have huge implied odds. The problem though is that there will be many flops you hate and just have to pitch. Your question is about the turn call. With the second jack hitting I think it is an easier call as it limits the Jacks your opponent can have and now you only have to worry about an over pair. I think you played the hand well. I am wondering if there should be a discussion on value betting the river here although it would be thin. I dont think the villain checks the river with QQ+ but they could easily with 99s or 10s. Just something I brought up to think about. I am not saying I would value bet the river but I think I would have thought about it in the moment.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the hand was played correctly. If you called the flop, then definitely call the turn. Glad that the villian checked on the river.

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once you call the flop you kind of have to call the turn unless you have some read on the opponent that he never bluffs turn. cause once the 2nd j comes the amount of combinations that beat you in villains range drop a lot. imo call flop call turn and fold river against population is the right play here unless of coarse you have some reads on the guy like if he bets 1/12 flops then you can even make an exploitative fold on the flop.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG openraise was 3bb with short stack. Its a very strong range. If you call preflop, in most of flops you must call his c-bet-push, because you`ve got around 35-40% equity vs him and around 35-40% chance to call. So on the flop in most of cases you will be play very hard spots.
On the turn we can call if opponent is agro. If he is a good player, his range will be without worst hands.