Playing a little more aggresivly then normal..anything more I could have done here?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table: 6813267 (real money) Seat #6 is the dealer
Seat 2 - FAEVZ21 ($2030 in chips)
Seat 3 - UOFIHAWKS ($1185 in chips)
Seat 4 - BIGBNSD ($2160 in chips)
Seat 5 - PINGVINS ($1350 in chips)
Seat 6 - TWIZZYBOP ($1970 in chips)
Seat 7 - BIGBRY01 ($2850 in chips)
Seat 8 - TTLPKG20 ($850 in chips)
Seat 9 - LADRAGON ($1105 in chips)
BIGBRY01 - Posts small blind $25
TTLPKG20 - Posts big blind $50
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Qc Kc]
LADRAGON - Folds
FAEVZ21 - Raises $100 to $100
UOFIHAWKS - Folds
BIGBNSD - Folds
PINGVINS - Calls $100
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $250 to $250
BIGBRY01 - Folds
TTLPKG20 - Folds
FAEVZ21 - Calls $150
PINGVINS - Calls $150
*** FLOP *** [Kd 8s 3d]
FAEVZ21 - Bets $150
PINGVINS - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $500 to $500
FAEVZ21 - Calls $350
*** TURN *** [Kd 8s 3d] [Qh]
FAEVZ21 - Checks
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $600
FAEVZ21 - Calls $600
*** RIVER *** [Kd 8s 3d Qh] [4c]
FAEVZ21 - Checks
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $300
FAEVZ21 - Calls $300
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TWIZZYBOP - Shows [Qc Kc] (Two Pair, kings and queens)
FAEVZ21 - Shows [10h Kh] (One pair, kings)
TWIZZYBOP Collects $3625 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($3625)
Board [Kd 8s 3d Qh 4c]
Seat 2: FAEVZ21 HI:lost with One pair, kings [10h Kh - P:Kh,B:Kd,B:Qh,P:10h,B:8s]
Seat 3: UOFIHAWKS Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: BIGBNSD Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: PINGVINS Folded on the FLOP
Seat 6: TWIZZYBOP (dealer) won Total ($3625) HI:($3625) with Two Pair, kings and queens [Qc Kc - B:Kd,P:Kc,B:Qh,P:Qc,B:8s]
Seat 7: BIGBRY01 (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: TTLPKG20 (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: LADRAGON Folded on the POCKET CARDS

I know I won based apon the results.. but is there anything that may need to be changed?

Just wondering.....

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well played, i think the river bet was a little small in comparison to the rest and think you could have milked a little more off him, but nice hand :)

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in a way the river bet.. I didn't want to scare him away.. I took control from the get go. So the river bet was tactical in saying I lost some of that strength. That is what I am asking basically.. a stronger bet on the river, would he have still called? Would have anybody called if a stronger bet was made by me?

I was trying to keep him in the hand especially at the river.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well he called very strong bets on the flop and turn with a very mediocre hand, i think it's safe to say he would call twice that (maybe?)
i don't play stakes nearly that high, so i have no idea of the level of play, but this guy was pretty soft IMO - he called your big bets and raises all the way down to the river, though he might have been on a big flush draw (unlikely IMO) i think he would have called a little more.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Chuck, I think that the river bet could have been as large as your bet on the turn. The :4c4: should have been a blank for both of you so I think he would have called again.

A draw like AJ or A10 would have folded to any bet on the river and someone with KJ or K10 would probably called a larger bet. I think a value bet should have been more if you were expecting him to call because he had a piece of it.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm assuming this is no limit...

After the turn, I would have pushed all in because of the two diamonds on the board. He might have been chasing a flush for all you know. Whether he would have called or not is anybody's guess. Anyway, that's what I would have done differently.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising to 250 pf after one limper gives you no fold equity (the limper will call, and often the blinds will) at a donk-filled table (with people who'll do silly stuff like minraise UTG+1 with KTs). Raise more (350 min) or just call preflop.

Pot is 2k or so on the turn, you have ~1.2k in front and two pair on a non-threatening board with one guy intent on calling you down it seems. Easy push - you'll marvel at how often donks will call with a crappy draw or one pair because they "thought you were stealing" or w/e.

Failing that, at least push the river.

twizzybop said:
That is what I am asking basically.. a stronger bet on the river, would he have still called? Would have anybody called if a stronger bet was made by me?
If he's calling a 300 bet into a ~3k pot, he's invariably calling a ~600 bet (i.e. the rest of your stack) too.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to sound rude or impolite dorkus.. but fully explain why in this situation there would be no fold equity.

I agree what you are saying but I want others to see why my re-raise at your (350) would be much better. :)

hence why the anaysis of the hand and I thank you.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twizzybop said:
Not to sound rude or impolite dorkus.. but fully explain why in this situation there would be no fold equity.
Because donks don't respect small raises having limped (or in this case having minraised), and will happily call with their JTo/44/etc. Donks will also often defend their blinds with random crap (any suited, any connectors) against a small raise. Hence a small raise here only serves as a 'pot sweetener'. Harrington on Holdem (I) explains this far better than I can, I strongly suggest it as it gives a very good overview on why you should be betting certain ranges of amounts in many other situations too.

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push the river.
You aren't going anywhere to a reraise, and with the pot size vs your river push, neither is he.

Kj Sexton

Kj Sexton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll tack on another bet the river...

Though I agree with T1riel I would have been all in on the turn as well.

Albeit that you didn't I would have bet half the pot, even if he folded.
This makes him more prone to call the next time around ;)
Your sitting on the top two pair of the board, you would have seen a signifigant raise at the trips on the flop and they already covered the flush and straight draw action....

So, strength on the river, but I bet your tired of hearing about that ;)