Pair and a flush draw.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - Omega_Man_X with 1470 - Bentheman87 with 1440 - On_Tilt_OZ with 1450 - sweetswing1 with 1265 - Blankin_Ship_It with 2375 - bigskyjake with 1970 - magpieping with 980 - clintbliz with 1090 - jedimindtrix101 with 1460

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to Bentheman87:
8s.gif
5s.gif

* - Sklansky group 8
Preflop:
**- 2 players fold.
* - blankin_ship_it raises to 100
**- 5 players fold.
* - bentheman87 calls [50]
* - Total folds this street: 7
* - Potsize: 225
Flop:
3s.gif
9c.gif
2s.gif

* - bentheman87 bets [150]
* - blankin_ship_it raises to 350
* - bentheman87 calls [200]
* - Potsize: 925
Turn:
5h.gif

* - bentheman87 bets [990, and is all in]
**- 1 players fold.
* - Uncalled bet of 990 returned to Bentheman87
* - Bentheman87 wins the pot (925)
* - Total folds this street: 1

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

On the flop I was getting just about the right odds to draw to a flush, like 3.6:1. On the turn I made a pair so I added 5 more outs. I might have even made the best hand on the turn. Was this is good push?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many min-raises by the villian??? On the flop your bet was representing a pair or a good draw and your call of his weak raise reinforced this. The 5 on the turn is a scary card for the villian given your action. I think you have the best hand and draw here so I like a value bet semi-bluff here but I can't fault your shove as it is just a bit more than pot sized. My line would have been to check/call the flop as I think it would have cost us less chips than bet/raise/call here. And then bet the turn.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold pre-flop because this is a trash hand and you are going to lose money long-term playing hands like this. Yeah it's suited, but don't be blinded by its crappiness. I wouldn't semi-bluff the flop either, you're messing up your odds for drawing to the flush. You may have gotten, depending on villain's bet, decent odds to draw to the flush, but betting out totally ruins your odds. I guess the shove on the turn is decent. What did you put the villain on?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks fine to me.

@Sub - I really wouldn't recommend folding to a minraise here - firstly you're getting odds to call regardless of what villain has, and secondly if people identify you as so weak you will routinely fold your BB to a minraiser then have fun trying to defend your blinds. :)

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks fine to me.

@Sub - I really wouldn't recommend folding to a minraise here - firstly you're getting odds to call regardless of what villain has, and secondly if people identify you as so weak you will routinely fold your BB to a minraiser then have fun trying to defend your blinds. :)

I see what you're saying, I guess it's hard to take a single hand out of the context of the entire table dynamics, I just hate starting with such a bad holding and having a headache the rest of the hand. Besides the raiser wasn't in a stealing position and at these lower stakes I've seen min-raise often used as a form of slow-play.

F

fellowswheel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If other player had ace 4 of spades, Ace 5 off, ace 9 off or suited, 9 5 off, or a variety of other hands you would likely go broke, danger of chasing a small flush is that its a small flush. I would have folded rather than call.

Full Flush Poker