Open raise with 66, get shoved on: Call or fold?

M

MarkInThePark

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
guy with 17 vpip and about 93k stack at 2500/5000 ante 500 shoves after i open raise with 12500, i had been playing pretty loose.
Im at about 500k with 66, should i call i this spot?

If you need more information ask me.

2.20 NLHE 5k gtd tournament

Last edited by a moderator:
badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guy with 17 vpip and about 93k stack at 2500/5000 ante 500 shoves after i open raise with 12500, i had been playing pretty loose.
Im at about 500k with 66, should i call i this spot?

If you need more information ask me.
personally i would never raise on 66.. only play them if i can play bb.............:D

M

MarkInThePark

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand, but since there was only limpers in front of me and i am the big stack i can bully the other players a little more, this guys was playing a little tight but he was still a short stack wich makes it very possible for him to shove with any hand like AT,AJ,AQ,AK maby even KQ or KJ, wich would make it a flip.

Maby thats how you are suposed to think in bounty tournaments?

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say fold imo. He's shoving 19bbs. I'd say if it was closer to 10 then I call but looks to me you are either flipping or way behind, and putting in another 80k isn't good

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the 66 card is not very good, but at some points this card is very good, I play on such a card when there is a small bet in the game, and when the bet in the game is big, I fold, but if the bet is big and the players do not raise I can call or check and see the flop, but I do not raise on such a card!

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer this question you need more information, what are your positions, what stage of the tournament and the dynamics of the game! but if this is a small blind against bb, then I think it will be a good call for a knockout, 80 bb behind the back and in case of failure you can safely play

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my honest opinion, fold. You already have that loose play stance and other players are waiting for hands to either knock you out or double you up. Once the other player shoves, that shows you your 66 is no good.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People play quite straightforwardly at this limit. Therefore, it is enough for you to understand what range the opanent has. If you made an open-raise from an early position, then you need to fold. If from the button, then call. Etc

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the answer is pretty simple...its a clear fold for me...you have to call off 20% of your stack to try and dodge every possible card over a 7....not a good situation

Folding in Poker