Ok, Would you have called here.

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to make a retraction of part of what I said at the tourney today (6-14-2005).

I went all in to take a pot that I was in a pretty big need to take.

Got called by short stack who had 33. He really had no choice in the matter. He couldn't even make it to the blinds I don't think.

Sorry, I was wrong there. But, I still defend the rest of what I said.

I put this guy to a decision for almost half his stack with my all in and he calls with a9 off.

Would have have called preflop here. I am been playing my normal very tight play. He had no way of knowing I didn't get a monster. I play them that way sometimes.

I had almost 3k and he had 6k+.

This guy had plenty of chips. There was no need risking that much right there.

Just my opinion. And yes I did vent in the room. I had been beaten up all through the tourney. Hardly winning any hands. Only time I said much I think other than chit chat.

Any. Would you have called there for almost half your stack?????

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not unless I had the NUTZ! The way some people play poker can be very frustrating and it shows how LUCK plays a huge part in the game. LIMIT holdem is played for the best hand.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know but at some time you have to make a stand and say this is enough, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes it falls apart,when i do it it falls apart so just keep trying and the luck will come to you>>buckster436

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read that like 4 times and I can't make any sense of it :/

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that couldn't make heads or tails of that post. From what I gather, a guy with 6K in chips calls an all-in for half his stack with A9 offsuit.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grumbledook said:
Read that like 4 times and I can't make any sense of it :/
same prob here... i think someone called his strong betting with A9os (???)
and something with a shortstack having 33... thats what i got out of it

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that couldn't make heads or tails of that post. From what I gather, a guy with 6K in chips calls an all-in for half his stack with A9 offsuit.

H

hriggio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the problem

I think the problem is he does not say what he had..... - then we can make a desicion

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A-9os with half your chips is a poor call from any position on the table. Doesnt matter what he has, unless he has something like 7-2 or 6-9os. I cant make out what hes trying to say as well but im guessin he has a monster hand.

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the mix up. Man I can't even understand what I wrote. I hate when I do that. I am terrible at profreading my posts. You will have to forgive me.

I think trains of thought got stuck together when I edited the post.

At any rate I am sure I had a strong hand and went all in for 3k. Those who have played against me know that I don't take going all in lightly. I usually have the goods. I did it to get Ax hands to drop right there. The blinds must have been high enough that I stood to increase my stack size significantly by making the play.

At any rate he calls half his stack with A9 off and outdraws me. The end of the tournament for me.

Sound like those of you who actually half way understood would not have called half your stack with A9 off. Same thing I would have done.

I just don't understand what is going through peoples minds when the pull stuff like that. He had plenty of chips to work with.