Now I know what everyone meant by results orientated..

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This guy flipped out on me based apon the results..

Table: 11 (real money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 1 - LIMOCHAS ($9505 in chips)
Seat 2 - ROOTIPPED ($7395 in chips)
Seat 3 - BRICKTUCKY13 ($35050 in chips)
Seat 4 - TWIZZYBOP ($14690 in chips)
Seat 5 - BOONDOCK618 ($23560 in chips)
Seat 8 - ELHAKKE ($7835 in chips)
LIMOCHAS - Ante $75
ROOTIPPED - Ante $75
BRICKTUCKY13 - Ante $75
TWIZZYBOP - Ante $75
BOONDOCK618 - Ante $75
ELHAKKE - Ante $75
ELHAKKE - Posts small blind $500
LIMOCHAS - Posts big blind $1000
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Qs Kc]
ROOTIPPED - Folds
BRICKTUCKY13 - Raises $4000 to $4000
TWIZZYBOP - All-In(Raise) $14615 to $14615
BOONDOCK618 - Folds
ELHAKKE - Folds
LIMOCHAS - Folds
BRICKTUCKY13 - Calls $10615
*** FLOP *** [8s 4h Qd]
*** TURN *** [8s 4h Qd] A♥
*** RIVER *** [8s 4h Qd Ah] 5♣
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BRICKTUCKY13 - Shows [6d 6h] (One pair, sixes)
TWIZZYBOP - Shows [Qs Kc] (One pair, queens)
TWIZZYBOP Collects $31180 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($31180)
Board [8s 4h Qd Ah 5c]
Seat 1: LIMOCHAS (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 2: ROOTIPPED Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: BRICKTUCKY13 HI:lost with One pair, sixes [6d 6h - P:6h,P:6d,B:Ah,B:Qd,B:8s]
Seat 4: TWIZZYBOP won Total ($31180) All-In HI:($31180) with One pair, queens [Qs Kc - P:Qs,B:Qd,B:Ah,P:Kc,B:8s]
Seat 5: BOONDOCK618 (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: ELHAKKE (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS

A Tad earlier before I was sat at this table.. I took a hit.. Flopped 2 pair..10's and 9's.. flop came 9,6,10 rainbow.. Guy pushes me all-in.. with Q,6.. hits his queen for a better 2 pair..I said nh and kept my cool and played on.. At final table right now..But that poor guy flipped out based apon the results of the hand.

He thought his hand was the best hand going.. I told his small pockets weren't that much of a favorite.. nope plain determined to tell me I was wrong in putting pressure on him..

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't have wasted my time explaining myself to him - the guy's a knob. So he's slight favourite pre-flop - so what? He's the one that's at fault for calling your bet - he's conceivably only up against 2 overcards where he's just over 50%, or he's up against an overpair where he's a big underdog. I'd just laugh at him!

(n.b. whether you had a good enough hand to go over the top of someone who had already raised, now that's another matter).

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I placed third.. not to shabby for a 159 entrants..

Same guy though also on final table.. complained again cause his A,K got busted by pocket 4's.. Pre flop he pushed all-in..I folded my pocket 6's.. which would have won, but oh hum. Got mad at that guy as well..

I realized one thing.. Results happen.. good and bad. They won't change no matter how much you gripe about them or if they are good compliment them.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His excuse for calling me.. Pot commited(married to the pot syndrome).. He had 4000 in chips, there is only 6 players. He "Knew" he was the favorite and should win based apon all that.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You invested a lot of chips for K, Q (unsuited too!) which I think is one of the most overrated starting hands in poker. I'm glad you won with it becuase I never do.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL I won't disagree it isn't overrated.. but my goal was to put pressure on him and if he called so be it, if he didn't then so be it. I wasn't going to worry about the results..Just put pressure on him and take it off of me.

Would it have made any diffrence if I had a higher pocket pair, A,J, even smaller pockets. I achieved my goal :) win or lose..Late in the tourney like that..Big stack against me.. Just moved to that table.. So neither of us know each others table image.. Still my favorite saying "No guts no glory"..

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is the whole problem with middle pairs, If you get a caller at best you are looking at two overcards and a coin flip and worse an over pair and dominated. I hate people who don't look at it as gambling and a risk. I think poker would be boring as hell if it always went according to the odds.

If he get unglued with that hand, I would hate to see what happens when he gets his AA cracked. LOL

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is what I stopped doing gfpokerfan.. yes I do calculate odds.. but instead of getting mad about the results.. I take them as they are and try to move on.. Just got busted against Q,7 Vs my 6's.. flop shows Q, rag, Q.. I get a free card to look at.. comes a 6.. I have full house.. I re-raised a bet.. and the turn hits a 7.. lost to a better full house.. results happen..Guy over valued his Queen... mark it down for later when I play him again..

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His call is fine given the pot odds he's getting and the fact he still has a decent sized stack if he loses, imo.

Your push... well, whether it was a good move or not depends on reads. I'd rather pick my battles against the shorter stacks than the chip leader here, but if you put him on a wide enough range of hands he'd raise with then it's certainly not a bad move.

Regardless, he's a tosser for whining anyway. :)