Dmitriy_rus7 (MP): 1,182 (24 bb)
Poussine_0161 (MP+1): 2,497 (50 bb)
bgmDK9 (LP): 2,177 (44 bb)
ratbat615 (CO): 4,158 (83 bb)
Dennehy_1974 (BU): 1,739 (35 bb)
peteski84 (SB): 1,989 (40 bb)
Igor St Gula (BB): 1,861 (37 bb)

Pre-Flop: (120) Hero (ratbat615) is CO with A 5
3 players fold, Poussine_0161 (MP+1) raises to 127, 1 fold, ratbat615 (CO) calls 127, 3 players fold

Flop: (374) 6 9 Q (2 players)
Poussine_0161 (MP+1) bets 123, ratbat615 (CO) raises to 246, Poussine_0161 (MP+1) folds

Total pot: 620
ratbat615 (CO) wins 620

Hello 👋 guys I have been practicing linear and polar ranges and guys it’s absolutely needed to become a force to be reckoned with.

Pre : I picked up A5o in the co and I noticed that the player in the lo jack sea 🌊 betting a lot so I had position so let’s try this linear range because I use to only 3 bet with polar ranges . Question 🙋‍♀️? Should I have 3 bet pre ? Any way I just call 📞 with intentions to 3 bet the flop.

Flop: 6 9 Q with two clubs as predicted the villain 🦹‍♀️ bet and I just min clicked ooo baby it worked. So what are you guys thoughts 💭?

Questions : should I have 3 bet pre and do you think a 3 betting strategy is needed ?? Thank you for your comment.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I wouldnt 3 bet this pre and unless the stars align where I have the 80/75 player making the open in front of me and all 6/4 type players behind me I just fold this pre. This raise on the flop worked this time but I think this is a very bad move in the long run. You are making a raise on the flop that is not large enough to have any fold equity unless you are going against pure air and your ace high is ahead of that air so they are only folding when you dont want them to. The rest of the time they have anything and are ahead of you they are either calling or re raising and now we are sweetening the pot when we have the worst of it. To me, this is the same as a negative expectation bet except that you equity deny the random card hands they have. Otherwise, with this hand in this spot you are making a bet that gets called when you are behind and folded when your ace high is ahead.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
No, I wouldnt 3 bet this pre and unless the stars align where I have the 80/75 player making the open in front of me and all 6/4 type players behind me I just fold this pre. This raise on the flop worked this time but I think this is a very bad move in the long run. You are making a raise on the flop that is not large enough to have any fold equity unless you are going against pure air and your ace high is ahead of that air so they are only folding when you dont want them to. The rest of the time they have anything and are ahead of you they are either calling or re raising and now we are sweetening the pot when we have the worst of it. To me, this is the same as a negative expectation bet except that you equity deny the random card hands they have. Otherwise, with this hand in this spot you are making a bet that gets called when you are behind and folded when your ace high is ahead.
Thank you 🙏

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
When there is a raise in front of us, the general rule for determining our range is to take the range, we would open from that seat, and then fold the bottom of it. Here there was an MP+1 open, and A5o is nowhere near the range, we open from MP+1, so barring some very specific reason and read, this is an easy fold. The reason to call would be, that MP+1 is a total spewfish, so that we just want to get involved with him in position, and our cards almost dont even matter.

3-betting can be better than calling with a hand like this, but that also require some specific information like HUD-stats showing a high fold to 3-bet, so that the 3-bet is outright profitable. Without info my default assumption is, that I dont think people do a lot of folding to 3-bets in a freeroll, so I would 3-bet a linear range for value and just flat the more marginal hands, that I want to see a flop with like maybe A5s.

Flop
You essentially missed completely, and there are a lot of draws on this board, which you can raise instead of raising air. It would be a little bit better, if you had Ac rather than 5c, because then you would at least have a backdoor draw to the nut flush. There is still nothing wrong with simply folding here, but he did go pretty small, so I would not hate a float play either. Float mean, you call the flop C-bet, and then you do a lot of betting on the turn, if he slow down and check.

Results
So he folded, which is of course cool. But we dont want to be results oriented, and I dont like the way, this hand was played on either street to be honest with you.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (5 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

mtl mile end (UTG): 1,775 (36 bb)
Sebbour (UTG+1): 4,868 (97 bb)
Dmitriy_rus7 (MP): 1,182 (24 bb)
Poussine_0161 (MP+1): 2,497 (50 bb)
bgmDK9 (LP): 2,177 (44 bb)
ratbat615 (CO): 4,158 (83 bb)
Dennehy_1974 (BU): 1,739 (35 bb)
peteski84 (SB): 1,989 (40 bb)
Igor St Gula (BB): 1,861 (37 bb)

Pre-Flop: (120) Hero (ratbat615) is CO with A 5
3 players fold, Poussine_0161 (MP+1) raises to 127, 1 fold, ratbat615 (CO) calls 127, 3 players fold

Flop: (374) 6 9 Q (2 players)
Poussine_0161 (MP+1) bets 123, ratbat615 (CO) raises to 246, Poussine_0161 (MP+1) folds

Total pot: 620
ratbat615 (CO) wins 620

Hello 👋 guys I have been practicing linear and polar ranges and guys it’s absolutely needed to become a force to be reckoned with.

Pre : I picked up A5o in the co and I noticed that the player in the lo jack sea 🌊 betting a lot so I had position so let’s try this linear range because I use to only 3 bet with polar ranges . Question 🙋‍♀️? Should I have 3 bet pre ? Any way I just call 📞 with intentions to 3 bet the flop.

Flop: 6 9 Q with two clubs as predicted the villain 🦹‍♀️ bet and I just min clicked ooo baby it worked. So what are you guys thoughts 💭?

Questions : should I have 3 bet pre and do you think a 3 betting strategy is needed ?? Thank you for your comment.
So 3 betting light requires our V to fold more often than standard players do- The fold can be preflop -flop or turn depending on how the V play
It is good that you thought to target a V that opens too often they are who we want to light 3-bet but do they over fold or over chase after the 3 bet? If we were to 3 bet A5 we would want to know the V would fold A6 A7 A8 off suit type hands but they may not even be opening those hands - or folding to a raise with any Ax hands- We would then need to know that the V folds too many flops to consider using A5 as a bluff 3 bet at 50bb eff
Better hands to use would be the suited A5-A2----- small suited connectors 87 76 65 54 the reason we do this is most V over call and we want the added equity when called

Small correction regarding your flop play if there is 1 bet on flop you are not 3-betting when you raise- you are just raise bluffing with very little equity if called. Raising is not a bad plan on this flop but it has nothing to do with a 3bet strategy- It is an exploit V c-bets too often then folds flops too often strategy- another very good strategy but I would suggest you have more equity if you want to increase the freq of use of this line.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
When there is a raise in front of us, the general rule for determining our range is to take the range, we would open from that seat, and then fold the bottom of it. Here there was an MP+1 open, and A5o is nowhere near the range, we open from MP+1, so barring some very specific reason and read, this is an easy fold. The reason to call would be, that MP+1 is a total spewfish, so that we just want to get involved with him in position, and our cards almost dont even matter.

3-betting can be better than calling with a hand like this, but that also require some specific information like HUD-stats showing a high fold to 3-bet, so that the 3-bet is outright profitable. Without info my default assumption is, that I dont think people do a lot of folding to 3-bets in a freeroll, so I would 3-bet a linear range for value and just flat the more marginal hands, that I want to see a flop with like maybe A5s.

Flop
You essentially missed completely, and there are a lot of draws on this board, which you can raise instead of raising air. It would be a little bit better, if you had Ac rather than 5c, because then you would at least have a backdoor draw to the nut flush. There is still nothing wrong with simply folding here, but he did go pretty small, so I would not hate a float play either. Float mean, you call the flop C-bet, and then you do a lot of betting on the turn, if he slow down and check.

Results
So he folded, which is of course cool. But we dont want to be results oriented, and I dont like the way, this hand was played on either street to be honest with you.
To me it honestly feels like he tried to randomly apply something he read or saw somewhere into his game and because it worked in this hand he thinks now that the play was good/correct.

Good luck with plays like this in freerolls.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Preflop

Flop

Results
Thank you 🙏 for your honesty very helpful information as always.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
So 3 betting light requires our V to fold more often than standard players do- The fold can be preflop -flop or turn depending on how the V play
It is good that you thought to target a V that opens too often they are who we want to light 3-bet but do they over fold or over chase after the 3 bet? If we were to 3 bet A5 we would want to know the V would fold A6 A7 A8 off suit type hands but they may not even be opening those hands - or folding to a raise with any Ax hands- We would then need to know that the V folds too many flops to consider using A5 as a bluff 3 bet at 50bb eff
Better hands to use would be the suited A5-A2----- small suited connectors 87 76 65 54 the reason we do this is most V over call and we want the added equity when called

Small correction regarding your flop play if there is 1 bet on flop you are not 3-betting when you raise- you are just raise bluffing with very little equity if called. Raising is not a bad plan on this flop but it has nothing to do with a 3bet strategy- It is an exploit V c-bets too often then folds flops too often strategy- another very good strategy but I would suggest you have more equity if you want to increase the freq of use of this line.
Very helpful thank you 😊

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
To me it honestly feels like he tried to randomly apply something he read or saw somewhere into his game and because it worked in this hand he thinks now that the play was good/correct.

Good luck with plays like this in freerolls.
Thank you for your honesty

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars