$ NL HE MTT: Villain didn't believe I had a good hand.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
I gave villain the chance to hit something and try to steal the pot, little did he know that I was just waiting for the final shot.:eek::devilish:

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 (2 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 1,745 (87 bb)
UTG+1: 3,238 (162 bb)
MP: 2,870 (144 bb)
MP+1: 2,074 (104 bb)
LP: 1,638 (82 bb)
CO (Hero): 1,958 (98 bb)
BU: 1,958 (98 bb)
SB: 2,167 (108 bb)
BB: 1,988 (99 bb)

Pre-Flop: (48) Hero is CO with K K
1 fold, UTG+1 calls 20, MP calls 20, MP+1 raises to 60, LP calls 60, Hero 3-bets to 328, 1 fold, SB calls 318, 2 players fold, MP calls 308, MP+1 calls 268, LP calls 268

Flop: (1,698) 8 2 K (5 players)
SB checks, MP checks, MP+1 checks, LP checks, Hero checks

Turn:
(1,698) T (5 players)
SB checks, MP checks, MP+1 bets 849, LP folds, Hero raises to 1,628 (all-in), 2 players fold, MP+1 calls 779

River: (4,954) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 4,954

Showdown:
CO (Hero) shows K K (three of a kind, Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 98%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

MP+1 shows T A (a pair of Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 2%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

CO (Hero) wins 4,954

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we flop top set on an extremely dry board we are going to check often and then also going against this many opponents we feel confident someone will bet the turn either as a bluff (since everyone else checked once) or since they hit a card especially given this is a freeroll. With that, I dont think setting the trap here on the flop was anything outside of the norm. In fact, when I am in these spots as a villain and someone 3 bets pre as you did and then this dry board comes and they check it scares me (more than if they had bet) and I start thinking they have something large.

The real discussion to me in this hand is the turn. I think in your shoes, even though there is some risk involved with someone picking up a straight draw with QJ or J9, I only call villains bet and not raise since I want to suck in the others behind. Interested in what others think about this turn spot for us and with the board being rainbow should we call and try to get a caller behind as well with two still to act (even though they have already checked once this street). I think in game I just call their bet here since I believe I already have the betting villain screwed as they have already invested half their stack so I dont think they will get away from this on the river without putting the rest in no matter what I do on the turn.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
well done well played just your opponent didn't believe you although you opened very hard I think he should have noticed that you had a strong hand yesterday you won the A10 vs K10 hul house hand on the river a strange game was from you on the flop was KJS10 and you bet with A10 on the flop after A opened and you bet on the river came 10 and you bet big I didn't understand the flop bet

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Obviously we are 3-betting KK, but I really like your sizing. Some players would make the mistake of going to small here. But with two limpers, a raise to 3X and then a call, there is already a ton of chips in this pot, so we dont even mind if everyone fold. And the exact opposite happened, since you got no less than 4 callers. With that outcome in mind there could even be a case for going larger yet.

Flop
Top set is not always a check on the flop. But in this situation I really like it, because there are no draws on this flop, and the SPR is also so low, that its very easy to get the chips in later. And I dont think, checking is "suspicious". This is a 5-way hand and a very low SPR, so we are never going to be C-betting anything less than top pair good kicker here. If we have 99-QQ or A high, this is a check back all day.

Turn
If you just call, there will only be a 25% pot bet left for the river. I dont think, he is ever going to attempt a bluff in that situation, and I also dont think, he is ever going to fold a made hand getting better than 5:1. So if you just call here, all that does, is to allow him to play perfect on the river, if he is on a draw, of which there are now some. If he miss, he is just going to check-fold, and if he get there, you are going to pay him off. And for that reason I agree with just getting it in now. If stacks were much deeper, I would just call and look to play the river in position.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice fishing.
But if the KK set wasn't on the flop, I would have been worried about the family pot. :unsure:
But that way it was a straightforward case.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a very uncomfortable spot pre, since as everyone was involved pre before you acting, it was guaranteed that hard to find a proper 4-bet to isolate. Even tho you made an extremely impactful 4-bet, 4 people still found a way to put there significant piece of their stacks which is insane, and not really poker, more likely a roulette.

Anyway, if you check this down on the flop, you will always find some callers on the turn, cause ignorance is boundless. Luckily this time we did not even have to worry about the flush, only to a runner straight. Which was not even a case. Confident triple-up.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I was there, and this only goes through like it did, because it`s a freeroll, in a “normal game” I think the bet at 5x the BB is too high if you want action on your Kings. ( I rather prefer at bit lower 180 - 210 ), but again in a freeroll with nothing to lose…..

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The real discussion to me in this hand is the turn. I think in your shoes, even though there is some risk involved with someone picking up a straight draw with QJ or J9, I only call villains bet and not raise since I want to suck in the others behind. Interested in what others think about this turn spot for us and with the board being rainbow should we call and try to get a caller behind as well with two still to act (even though they have already checked once this street). I think in game I just call their bet here since I believe I already have the betting villain screwed as they have already invested half their stack so I dont think they will get away from this on the river without putting the rest in no matter what I do on the turn.
I agree with you on that point, at the time I even thought of just calling villain's bet and letting another villain enter the play, but lately I've been getting so many bad beats on the river, that I decided to raise.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands