$ NL HE MTT: I took a risk with my KK, and was called a coward.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
That hand took place in the 888 $100 Cardschat Silver freeroll.

I had 9.23bb and I needed to double my chips to try to reach the ITM, so I limped with KK, knowing I was taking a risk, but I decided to give it a try, the worst that could happen is that I leave the tournament.

I just don't understand why AJ's villain called me a coward!!!!:unsure:

888 ficaram bravo

I know I played it wrong, but he also played just cleaning with AJ, I believe he got mad because he hit the A on the flop, and thought he was ahead.

But that's okay, the important thing is that I got to the money.;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

888Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 125/250 (25 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Angry.Cat (UTG): 8,000 (32 bb)
Gritz18 (UTG+1): 2,332 (9 bb)
evercastro (MP): 3,616 (14 bb)
Big_Dice_75 (MP+1): 4,924 (20 bb)
gabryyyel123 (LP): 4,769 (19 bb)
Forkliftgu22 (CO): 5,693 (23 bb)
quecontahein (BU): 4,129 (17 bb)
RaGnar8706 (SB): 5,441 (22 bb)
IMMOl (BB): 2,833 (11 bb)

Pre-Flop: (600) Hero (Gritz18) is UTG+1 with K K
1 fold, Gritz18 (UTG+1) calls 250, evercastro (MP) calls 250, Big_Dice_75 (MP+1) calls 250, 2 players fold, quecontahein (BU) calls 250, RaGnar8706 (SB) calls 125, IMMOl (BB) checks

Flop: (1,725) 2 A K (6 players)
RaGnar8706 (SB) checks, IMMOl (BB) checks, Gritz18 (UTG+1) bets 569, evercastro (MP) folds, Big_Dice_75 (MP+1) calls 569, quecontahein (BU) raises to 1,388, 2 players fold, Gritz18 (UTG+1) raises to 2,057 (all-in), Big_Dice_75 (MP+1) raises to 4,649 (all-in), quecontahein (BU) calls 2,466 (all-in)

Turn: (11,490) 3 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (11,490) 2 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: 11,490

Showdown:
Big_Dice_75 (MP+1) shows J Q (a pair of Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 15%, Flop: 34%, Turn: 24%, River: 0%)

Gritz18 (UTG+1) shows K K (a full house, Kings full of Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 57%, Flop: 64%, Turn: 76%, River: 100%)

quecontahein (BU) shows J A (two pair, Aces and Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 28%, Flop: 2%, Turn: <1%, River: 0%)

Gritz18 (UTG+1) wins 7,896
quecontahein (BU) wins 3,594

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Cesar my friend....
Stop learning from these bad players!!! LOL (jokeee)

While unlikely, losing to any two cards by not raising I find it more frustrating than trying to trap. (although I've been losing so much with AA and KK that I really don't know if I would mind losing with them 'limping' - I was doing this type of play 10 years ago, after getting so badly beaten trying to trap I decided to stop with these plays) .

I don't know how villain plays, but I would think twice before calling his utg all-in, even with AJs! LOL
But few people would fold that... so I guess he complained for nothing... because you would shove, and he would call!

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was doing this type of play 10 years ago, after getting so badly beaten trying to trap I decided to stop with these plays) .
I know perfectly well that playing the way I did is wrong, but as I was short on chips I took the risk.

Ps: But don't do this at home, it's cowardice.😁🤣🤣

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just my my 2 cents is I wouldnt do this and my guess is you are doing this because you believe someone will raise behind you but wont call off a 9 BB jam. That is possible I guess but I think you will find more often than not that if someone is going to raise over a limper than they are also prepared to call a 9 BB shove s you should just get it in. If you limp here and have what happened where everyone just calls then its rough (I know you won but thats not the point) so I would just jam and believe that if they are raising behind you then they would call your jam behind as well.

As played on the flop I would just get it in and not bet tiny as two spades will call, Ax will call and other stuff may call as well as this is a freeroll. No point in betting small and maybe getting only a caller or two to then have them play perfectly against you if drawing.

I also wouldnt pay attention to other people who talk crap at the table (so glad most of the tables I play on chat is gone or hidden). Ive found that most players who have to go out of their way to put you down through chat probably suck. I put people down by screaming at my computer here and there but never through chat so they dont know what I say. Plus, why would I ever let someone know if I think they are playing bad? So just let that garbage be and stay focused on your game which I am sure you already do.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just open jam here. If we are ever going to set a limp-trap, then its better to do it, when stacks are a bit deeper like 20 BB, so that we can limp and then jam over a raise. With just 99 BB we will get plenty of action by open jamming, and with KK we dont even mind it, if everyone folds, and we pick up a round of blinds and antes uncontested. Even a rag ace has 30% equity, and it has value to deny that equity. As for the chat just ignore it. It says more about the person making those comments than the person, they are being made about :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK limp was bold with a low stack, because thanks to the passive players, a "family pot" was formed, which could have easily led to elimination against so many opponents.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ey bud, you're still affected by chat until now? hehe. Whatever they say doesn't matter. I won't even waste energy trying to understand their point..... ukraine? really?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello, Cesar.🙂
I do not know why he suddenly called you cowardly and what does Ukraine have to do with it. 🙄
I don't understand at all why anyone thinks it's right to condemn someone else's game. And why did you decide that you played this hand wrong?
Everyone can condemn and talk about how right it is, But only the result is important.
Of course, I'm still a seasonal smelt😆 and my opinion is at odds with the opinion of most excellent players, but I see it quite differently:

What is the difference, what cards do you have? Limp is a bet in the amount of BB on the preflop. You did it with 72, a pair of KK or a pair of AA does not matter at all. This is your decision and only yours.
You decided to check the flop and: first, you saw that you had won a set on the flop, and secondly, you received two additional BB from players who also bet on the preflop. If you had played, as they say, correctly, these 2 players, quite possibly, would have discarded the cards.
Moreover, the player who leveled your raise on the flop obviously had something not very strong (if at all) and by raising on the preflop, you could lose his bet as well.
But instead, on the flop, the player raises and you call again. And this is also correct in my opinion, because if you raised, you could lose that big fish that called you a coward. Instead, he got hooked and made another raise.😈

As a result, you got 2 more BB from the player who discarded the cards and you were able to pick up the villain's chips, because the villain could no longer discard and leveled your All-In.

And now ask yourself, why is this wrong?🤔
If you had made a 3-bet on the preflop, you would not have received additional chips from those who eventually dropped, and if you had gone All-In, it is possible that the one who called you a coward would have turned out to be a coward.🤭🤭🤭

In the end, everything is always decided by a random number generator, and everything could have been different: you could not get a set at all and it would have been a fiasco, but the fact that you did not raise or did not go All-In would have allowed you to monevrate and fold with minimal losses.

I can say that this is not cowardice, but well-thought-out moves. ☺👍
PS: perhaps the participant under the nickname @Edu1 (quecontahein) should be reminded that both on the forum and in games organized by Cardschat, communication not in English is a violation of the rules.😉

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a result, you got 2 more BB from the player who discarded the cards and you were able to pick up the villain's chips, because the villain could no longer discard and leveled your All-In.
AJs is supposed to call a 9BB open jam, if noone else have called. So it was just a bad spot for him, and he took his frustrations out on Hero.
PS: perhaps the participant under the nickname @Edu1 (quecontahein) should be reminded that both on the forum and in games organized by Cardschat, communication not in English is a violation of the rules.😉
Community members are also expected to interact in a respectfull way, which extends to CC freerolls and private games. Berating someone in the chat for the way, they played a hand, is hardly in compliance with this guideline ;)

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can say that this is not cowardice, but well-thought-out moves. ☺👍
I wasn't upset that he called me a coward, I just didn't understand why, after all it was my risk, period.🤔🤪😁

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
KK limp was bold with a low stack, because thanks to the passive players, a "family pot" was formed, which could have easily led to elimination against so many opponents.
I was aware that the move I was making could go wrong, but I took the risk, after all I only had 9bb and if I was eliminated from the tournament I wouldn't have lost anything just time.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I wasn't upset that he called me a coward, I just didn't understand why, after all it was my risk, period.🤔🤪😁
In any case, you got into the prizes and beat the villain, and by publishing this topic, you can also claim a couple of VIP chips by posting a link to this topic in your VIP Tracker. 🙈🙊🙉😄
Therefore, I see only advantages in this situation.🙂

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you can also claim some VIP tokens by posting a link to this topic on your VIP Tracker.
But hasn't the deadline for claiming VIP Topic Tokens already expired?:unsure:

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
But hasn't the deadline for claiming VIP Topic Tokens already expired?:unsure:
No, this task is always relevant. It's just that in March, for the topics in this section, you received 10 chips. In normal times, you get 2 chips for high-quality content in this section.🙂

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, this task is always relevant. It's just that in March, for the topics in this section, you received 10 chips. In normal times, you get 2 chips for high-quality content in this section.🙂
Thanks for the info Masha I didn't know that detail, in fact I never know anything, I'm such a fool.😁🤣

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a 6-way party when the table is: :2s4::as4::kh4: you don't wanna bet 33%, that's my main reflection. Even tho pre all-in is safer, Your trap already achieved a nice price and a great flop, it's really time to cut the field here and there and not run into something we not wanna, or do it on a very high level now. :)