$ NL HE MTT: Do you think I was winning or losing?

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
Hello everybody!

Your opinion on today's CC freeroll situation on PS.
Villain - hands: 36 - VPIP: 11 - PFR: 2.8
*turn aggression frequency: 99 (few hands but you can get a perspective)

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (3 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

ponistra7 (UTG): 1,879 (63 bb)
plotarxis (UTG+1): 1,927 (64 bb)
Venycyos (MP): 2,256 (75 bb)
Gallarado777 (MP+1): 2,047 (68 bb)
Benkisto_BR (LP): 4,577 (153 bb)
kunkgreen (CO): 2,070 (69 bb)
Rijckenborg (BU): 2,040 (68 bb)
blata8ruga (SB): 1,223 (41 bb)
BillyR23 (BB): 1,977 (66 bb)

Pre-Flop: (72) Hero (kunkgreen) is CO with Q K
3 players fold, Gallarado777 (MP+1) raises to 90, 1 fold, kunkgreen (CO) calls 90, 2 players fold, BillyR23 (BB) calls 60

Flop: (312) 2 K J (3 players)
BillyR23 (BB) checks, Gallarado777 (MP+1) checks, kunkgreen (CO) bets 60, BillyR23 (BB) calls 60, Gallarado777 (MP+1) calls 60

Turn: (492) 6 (3 players)

I still haven't learned how to make the spoiler button, but come on, the goal here is to know how my CC teammate would play this hand!

BillyR23 (BB) checks, Gallarado777 (MP+1) checks, kunkgreen (CO) bets 162, BillyR23 (BB) raises to 606, Gallarado777 (MP+1) folds, kunkgreen (CO) folds

Total pot: 816
BillyR23 (BB) wins 816

I was going to make the call, but I was out of timebank and I lost the time to make the call.

What did @BillyR23 have? haha
Unveil for us!

And how would you play?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, for pre flop depending on how loose the opener is I dont love calling vs a 3x raise here. If they open quite frequently I like 3 betting here instead of calling to get it heads up since if they open wide they can be weaker. If they are tight then KQ off is not a great hand to be calling 3x with and getting involved in the hand so it sounds nitty but I would at least strongly think about folding. Just really depends on what we know about the opener.

On the flop we have top pair and are checked to. I think we should be betting here more to get value from Jx and from anything that wants to float us like Ace high. I dont like betting as small as you did since it allows hands to stay in and the board has some connectivity and there is still an overcard out there to at least keep in mind. I like betting more like 140 to 170 given there are two opponents.

I think the turn bet you make is fine given there are two hearts on the board and we can get a lot worse hands to still call us. However, I again think the sizing is too small given both called the flop and both checked again on the turn. I would think if someone was trapping they might get a little scared that we might check behind and therefore might lead out a bit more than usual. When we get raised Im not happy about it as I am sure you were not either. It would come down to what I know about the villain since this is a CC freeroll and the player pool plays against each other daily. If this is a villain that does not step out of line often then its a quick fold imo. If they can go off the rails or have run bluffs before then it is a thinker but I still probably would click the fold button just as you did.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like 3 betting here instead of calling to get it heads up
I fully agree!
But keep in mind that this is one of our freerolls.
In a 'normal' situation it would be likely that I would 3x (or fold), but this is a CC freeroll, I don't think it will make any difference if I 3-bet there as I will pretty much get called in almost the same way.

I feel comfortable playing in position even in multiways pots. But lately I've encountered a lot of resistance..
...and agree with the other statements about bet sizing as well.
Actually in a multiway pot I feel a little lost about it.

Thanks for the inputs!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everybody!

Your opinion on today's CC freeroll situation on PS.
Villain - Hands: 36 - VPIP: 11 - PFR: 2.8
*turn aggression frequency: 99 (few hands but you can get a perspective)

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (3 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

ponistra7 (UTG): 1,879 (63 bb)
plotarxis (UTG+1): 1,927 (64 bb)
Venycyos (MP): 2,256 (75 bb)
Gallarado777 (MP+1): 2,047 (68 bb)
Benkisto_BR (LP): 4,577 (153 bb)
kunkgreen (CO): 2,070 (69 bb)
Rijckenborg (BU): 2,040 (68 bb)
blata8ruga (SB): 1,223 (41 bb)
BillyR23 (BB): 1,977 (66 bb)

Pre-Flop: (72) Hero (kunkgreen) is CO with Q K
3 players fold, Gallarado777 (MP+1) raises to 90, 1 fold, kunkgreen (CO) calls 90, 2 players fold, BillyR23 (BB) calls 60

Flop: (312) 2 K J (3 players)
BillyR23 (BB) checks, Gallarado777 (MP+1) checks, kunkgreen (CO) bets 60, BillyR23 (BB) calls 60, Gallarado777 (MP+1) calls 60

Turn: (492) 6 (3 players)

I still haven't learned how to make the spoiler button, but come on, the goal here is to know how my CC teammate would play this hand!

BillyR23 (BB) checks, Gallarado777 (MP+1) checks, kunkgreen (CO) bets 162, BillyR23 (BB) raises to 606, Gallarado777 (MP+1) folds, kunkgreen (CO) folds

Total pot: 816
BillyR23 (BB) wins 816

I was going to make the call, but I was out of timebank and I lost the time to make the call.

What did @BillyR23 have? haha
Unveil for us!

And how would you play?
When playing vs Villains that call often we want to play our hands in a standard manner as the V do not fold- So we bet larger on flop then bet fold turn easily

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You folded in frond of a huge raise, and I think it was a good decision because you had just a pair and the opponent maybe had something much stronger or made a huge bluff.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it sucks but folding the turn is OK, I mean it was pretty obvious that with my big turn raise I was just preparing for a river shove and I just don't see how you can call without hitting a really good river(maybe another K or a Q but not the Qh* I might just raise here with a strong flush and/or straight draw).

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
@BillyR23

Nice play! haha
I really thought I was winning.
Gives you weaker Kings, some combos with Q9, Q10, JQ.
At first I didn't think I was running for the flush either.
Anyway, you've shown the strength of your hand. I really like this. I kept thinking about a possible set, but figured if someone had 99, JJ and KK (even harder), I'd probably take it back preflop.
Although if you were to min-raise I would consider re-betting to extract some information, and at the time I thought I had the best hand.

Generally if I were a more elaborate game, I believe I would three-bet with KQo in the cutoff, but it wouldn't make much difference since KJs in the bb is a fair defense, not to mention good since the open raise came from the end of the table.

Thank you for sharing with us!