No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
This is from yesterday CC freeroll,

I played it badly from the start, should have folded pre-flop. Also the turn I should have check/folded. As played do you guys call the river?

No info on the BTN, he played only 2 hands.

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (5 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): 2,019 (40 bb)
UTG+1: 2,583 (52 bb)
MP: 1,703 (34 bb)
MP+1: 1,915 (38 bb)
CO: 1,761 (35 bb)
BU: 4,015 (80 bb)
SB: 1,766 (35 bb)
BB: 4,410 (88 bb)

Pre-Flop: (115) Hero is UTG with K Q
Hero raises to 125, 4 players fold, BTN calls 125, 1 fold, BB calls 75

Flop: (440) 3 2 J (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 216, BTN calls 216, BB folds

Turn: (872) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets 270, BTN calls 270

River: (1,412) Q (2 players)
Hero bets 367, BTN raises to 2,513, UTG (Hero) folds

Total pot: 2,146
BU wins 2,146

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Preflop:
I think there's nothing wrong with opening KQo from UTG. You could also have folded ofc but I don't see anything wrong here.

Flop:
Quite a miss for you. I'm not sure if I'd c-bet this flushdraw flop and if you do, I'd definitely go with more towards 1/3 rather than 1/2.

Turn:
At least you picked up an inside-straight draw now but still only a weak draw for your hand.
You decided to bet again but I'm not sure what you're trying to represent here? If BN hit the jack, he's not folding here and also probably not folding his flush draw, since he already called the flop and your sizing went down.

River:
Yay, a queen but Qd isn't the card you hoped for. You bet again, but with lower sizing. Did you intend a blocker bet? Not sure your hand is good enough for a value bet here on this straight and flush board.
He jammed, so probably hit his flush, so I'm also folding here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
For me this is a standard open, so I dont see any problem or mistake here. I would fold KJo though, so this is the bottom of my opening range from UTG.

Flop
You kind of missed completely, but its a pretty dry flop, where they will also have missed a lot. So against two opponents I think, its ok to fire the C-bet and go from there. Its not great, if BTN call, but the fact, he has to worry about a player behind him, actually make it more difficult for him to float and outplay you on later streets. So unless he is clueless, he is going to be fairly "honest", and you will either take it down or get to continue in position a decent chunk of the time.

Turn
You picked up a gutshot, and you still have two overs, so I dont think, its terrible to continue. He is likely not folding much though, so its almost like, this is a blocker bet. You are betting less, than you think, he would bet if checked to. The alternative for me is check and fold, if he bomb the pot. I am not check-calling in this spot.

River
You improved to top pair, but the flushdraw also completed. You only have around a pot sized bet left, and for me this is not quite enough to bet-fold. I dont want to bet-call either, so I would check and evaluate. If he jam the river when checked to, its probably a fold, and if he makes a small bet, you can call. As played I fold to his raise. You only beat a bluff, and you dont have a diamond in your hand. If you are going to make a hero call here, its better to do it with a hand, that contain a diamond. Like KQ with K of diamonds or even better AQ with A of diamonds.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing with KQ in this "UTG" position is very strange, KQ is played in final tables with fewer opponents at the table, and the flop had a "flush draw" that decreases your chances of winning the hand. for me it played wrong. but experience evolves the game.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is from yesterday CC freeroll,

I played it badly from the start, should have folded pre-flop. Also the turn I should have check/folded. As played do you guys call the river?

No info on the BTN, he played only 2 hands.

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (5 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): 2,019 (40 bb)
UTG+1: 2,583 (52 bb)
MP: 1,703 (34 bb)
MP+1: 1,915 (38 bb)
CO: 1,761 (35 bb)
BU: 4,015 (80 bb)
SB: 1,766 (35 bb)
BB: 4,410 (88 bb)

Pre-Flop: (115) Hero is UTG with K Q
Hero raises to 125, 4 players fold, BTN calls 125, 1 fold, BB calls 75

Flop: (440) 3 2 J (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 216, BTN calls 216, BB folds

Turn: (872) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets 270, BTN calls 270

River: (1,412) Q (2 players)
Hero bets 367, BTN raises to 2,513, UTG (Hero) folds

Total pot: 2,146
BU wins 2,146
At this stack depth opening is fine we may pass on this hand deeper say 60bb or more.
The study point for you is multiway post flop play- We bet Our strong made hands and our bluffs and we check our good equity hands-this hand is a check- we cannot call a raise but we can call a bet- When we bet not this hand we use 33% most often our buffs are targeting AX hands that may fold and random single diamond hands- We would want the BDF-backdoor flush-- to bet
If we do bet flop we check decide turn rather than bet small- if we were to bet it would be larger on turn to get folds from a wider range

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre: Im with others and think this is fine on 40 BBs. I would be table dependent though if there were a lot of 3 bettors behind me I would be more reluctant to open. Based on this is a freeroll and you dont mention anyone behind you the open seems fine.

Flop: This is a spot where I would check because with the two diamonds we will called more so we will wind up taking it down less here. We could be ahead of the draws but we are really betting here to take it down and not value betting so if I feel like I would get called here (especially going against 2 players) I would check. If you know something about villains and they fold to c bets a lot then I am on board with it. I dont think c betting is bad I just think checking multi way here is better. If this was a J32 rainbow board then I would like c betting over checking.

Turn: As played I would check but if we are going to bet it has to be a sizing that would make villain draw against it since we cant expect too many 3x or 2x hands that called flop (since those would/might fold) so maybe the 77 ish hands could fold but really we are targeting flush draws that called flop and your sizing allows them to correctly call with a flush draw. Therefore your bet accomplishes little here except act as a blocker bet and I wouldnt blocker here with K high. I will say though that when villain just calls your small sizing (since it looks like you are on the draw now to them) it says to me they are on a flush draw often or have a hand that they just want to get to showdown with. I would think Jx would not allow you to put in that sizing on this board and get away with it. I know its a freeroll and villain could think anything or be thinking nothing at all but I still believe if they had something you would not just get a call on the turn.

River: I think I would check here no matter what card came on the river including the offsuit 10 that would give me nutter butters. The reasoning would be is from what I wrote on turn which is I dont think villain is that strong on the turn so if it was a card that helped me, did not bring in the flush, and I bet I dont think they would call with much. Therefore I would check and give villain a chance to bluff. Thats if I improved and the flush did not come in. With the flush coming in, its best to check even with top pair and see what they do. It does give them a chance to blow us off the hand if they did have 77 ish and turned it into a bluff but I think they would check behind with those hands so if we bet here we are getting folded to or getting raised I think almost exclusively (again, discounting villain does not have Jx due to only calling the turn to that sizing) and we cant call a raise here and think we are good often especially with the way villain played the hand.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both your turn and river bets are too small, that puts you in a bad spot, what story are you telling, that fits your betting ?