No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Freeroll
  1. Freeroll
Currency
$
SB stats after only 13 hands: VPIP 42 PFR 0 Limp 50

Do you guys think that I should raise the river? My thinking was that since he limps/calls a lot pre-flop his range is pretty wide so on the turn when he called my raise something went into my had (💡) that he might have something like a 89, 7x, 58, even any 2 diamons

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 - 9 players

UTG (Hero): 2,637 (53 bb)
UTG+1: 2,956 (59 bb)
MP: 2,915 (58 bb)
MP+1: 3,452 (69 bb)
LP: 3,175 (64 bb)
CO: 5,815 (116 bb)
BU: 2,870 (57 bb)
SB: 3,695 (74 bb)
BB: 3,290 (66 bb)

Pre-Flop: (75) Hero is UTG with K K
Hero raises to 150, 3 players fold, LP calls 150, 2 players fold, SB calls 125, 1 fold

Flop: (500) 6 7 T (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 335, LP calls 335, SB calls 335

Turn: (1,505) 7 (3 players)
SB bets 150, Hero raises to 710, LP folds, SB calls 560

River: (2,925) J (2 players)
SB bets 400, Hero calls 400

Total pot:

Showdown:
SB shows A J (two pair, Jacks and Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 19%, Turn: 7%, River: 0%)

UTG (Hero) shows K K (two pair, Kings and Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 81%, Turn: 93%, River: 100%)

UTG (Hero) wins 3,725

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Preflop:
Standard open.

Flop:
The flop is pretty wet with the straight potential and a flush draw.

Both call your pretty big bet, so that'd worry me quite a bit.

Turn:
SBs donk bet on turn is weird to me. So either it's an attempt for pot control for his (flush) draw or he exactly wanted you to raise his bet and he already collected his straight or has a 7. I can see why you raised but I probably just went with a call here.

River:
Good news is that the flush draw missed and again a small donk bet.

I wouldn't raise here in case I'm drawn dead to a straight, trips or even a FH.

So let me check the spoiler.

Well luckily he didn't have anything except a pair on river and not even a serious draw, so good for you. ☺️

I'd still stay on the conservative side with not raising the river and maybe even turn..

This time you left some value on the table but SBs range includes all the hands which are very dangerous to your Kings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard raise.

Flop
In theory you are supposed to do a lot of checking on low connected boards, because they favour the field callers. It is ok though to bet an overpair in soft games, where people will call to wide and not raise as a bluff very often. But I might at least have picked a smaller sizing to not end up accidentally getting pot committed later in the hand.

Turn
A small donk lead like this is usually a weak hand trying to freeze the action and see the next card for cheap. Once in a while he might do this with a strong hand like trips, but my mindset here is basically to ignore his bet and do, what I would have done if checked to. And 7c is not the worst card in the deck for you, so I am ok betting around half pot here again.

River
Jh is a very good card for you, since it did not improve any draws, but it improve JT to a hand, you still beat because of the paired board. He makes another small donk, and if you call that, you only have around 1.100 chips left, which is only around 30% pot. I think, you almost always have the best hand here, and I also dont think, a player like this will fold any made hand, when you give him around 4:1. So as the hand played out, I would jam for value. Once in a blue moon he takes this weird line with a hand, that beat you, but in that case he get my chips, and I am ok with it.

Results
AJ is not even a hand, I put in his range on the river, after he called your big flop bet. But that just gives even more validity to jamming the river for value instead on playing into his game by giving him the cheap showdown, he wanted.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB stats after only 13 hands: VPIP 42 PFR 0 Limp 50

Do you guys think that I should raise the river? My thinking was that since he limps/calls a lot pre-flop his range is pretty wide so on the turn when he called my raise something went into my had (💡) that he might have something like a 89, 7x, 58, even any 2 diamons

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 - 9 players

UTG (Hero): 2,637 (53 bb)
UTG+1: 2,956 (59 bb)
MP: 2,915 (58 bb)
MP+1: 3,452 (69 bb)
LP: 3,175 (64 bb)
CO: 5,815 (116 bb)
BU: 2,870 (57 bb)
SB: 3,695 (74 bb)
BB: 3,290 (66 bb)

Pre-Flop: (75) Hero is UTG with K K
Hero raises to 150, 3 players fold, LP calls 150, 2 players fold, SB calls 125, 1 fold

Flop: (500) 6 7 T (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 335, LP calls 335, SB calls 335

Turn: (1,505) 7 (3 players)
SB bets 150, Hero raises to 710, LP folds, SB calls 560

River: (2,925) J (2 players)
SB bets 400, Hero calls 400

Total pot:

Showdown:
SB shows A J (two pair, Jacks and Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 19%, Turn: 7%, River: 0%)

UTG (Hero) shows K K (two pair, Kings and Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 81%, Turn: 93%, River: 100%)

UTG (Hero) wins 3,725

Have not looked at results but the key to study point to this hand is range refining-

Here is how we start to use the data we have to range refine-

Preflop V has wide range based on actions-
Not as wide as a button range because they are in the SB and we raised UTG

Flop We bet large therefore V is going to fold some of their range that means their range is now holding hands that work with this board

Turn second pair hits-what is your standard action when second pair hits-most would recommend checking back
GTO has the SB lead small with their continue range in this spot-including draws
Weaker players block bet more freq without the 7x hands

You raise the blocker bet V just calls-
How does that effect the V's range? is it linear or Polarized----

River completes a straight V leads small- would GTO have us lead small there?

On a paired board with J that completes an open ended straight on turn are we really thinking about raising the lead-to be called by what? this may be the V that will call worse hands standard V will not

With that said the opposite is true would the V really just lead small with the straight or a 7x?
We raised turn they can be expecting us to call a bigger bet when they make the nuts.

So we do not expect the straight and the V is acting like they want a cheap showdown so no 7x
In a cash game I would raise here -
Vs this V if their stats are true -we could 1.5x their river lead- the issue is if they shove what do we do?

checking results

OMG-----nice win-----
This is a hand that a really bad player could shove river if we raise not as a bluff just because they have top top

Taking the time to range refine on the flop in this spot will really help your game
As we saw here the V called with 2 overs J semi connected to the board.

You also want to range refine the turn actions 89 and 7x do not usually call the raise OOP on a flush draw board when the player is weak----7x full house would- but it would seldom lead river this small-again weak player not GTO