bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
V is 23/8 in 61 hands , i dont remember anything remarcable about him

Anybody calling/shoving/doing another thing? and why? thanks for your thoughts

poker stars, $4.50 Buy-in (50/100 blinds, 10 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

SB: 12,189 (121.9 bb)
BB: 8,150 (81.5 bb)
UTG+1: 11,980 (119.8 bb)
UTG+2: 10,396 (104 bb)
MP1: 9,920 (99.2 bb)
MP2: 10,712 (107.1 bb)
Hero (MP3): 9,748 (97.5 bb)
CO: 11,441 (114.4 bb)
BTN: 7,722 (77.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Ac Ad
UTG+1 calls 100, 3 folds, Hero raises to 400, 2 folds, SB calls 350, BB folds, UTG+1 calls 300

Flop: (1,390) 8c 6c 2d (3 players)
SB bets 500, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to 2,200, SB calls 1,700

Turn: (5,790) 7s (2 players)
SB bets 2,895, Hero folds

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah tight fold, what is your reasoning?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sets and straights. Anything else would be an air ball bluff by the villain.

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah tight fold, what is your reasoning?

I think the range of vilain has some sets that he can leads and the straight draw hat he completed in turn,the 7 its not a good runnout for me make the second barrel and thinking this, he leads to extract for an AX strong in my range.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think a set takes this line,,,same with a SD,,,,i would put him on an overpair,KK,JJ,,,, or a bluff. :)

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think a set takes this line,,,same with a SD,,,,i would put him on an overpair,KK,JJ,,,, or a bluff. :)

In this case Im wrong and I shoud to went all in in some streets, turn or river..

Thanks by the help and go Raptors!!!

A

anderson1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sets straight and bluff 2 pair etc

hard decision

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Wouldn't say that villain has KKs here ever, that is always a re-raise.. Likely range is pairs 77-TT maybe JJ as well.

V is 23/8 in 61 hands , i dont remember anything remarcable about him

Anybody calling/shoving/doing another thing? and why? thanks for your thoughts

Poker Stars, $4.50 Buy-in (50/100 blinds, 10 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

SB: 12,189 (121.9 bb)
BB: 8,150 (81.5 bb)
UTG+1: 11,980 (119.8 bb)
UTG+2: 10,396 (104 bb)
MP1: 9,920 (99.2 bb)
MP2: 10,712 (107.1 bb)
Hero (MP3): 9,748 (97.5 bb)
CO: 11,441 (114.4 bb)
BTN: 7,722 (77.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Ac Ad
UTG+1 calls 100, 3 folds, Hero raises to 400, 2 folds, SB calls 350, BB folds, UTG+1 calls 300

Flop: (1,390) 8c 6c 2d (3 players)
SB bets 500, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to 2,200, SB calls 1,700

Turn: (5,790) 7s (2 players)
SB bets 2,895, Hero folds

I don't see why would SB lead with a set here ever. I don't see him lead with SD of any kind either. Personally, this could be a pair of 99/TT maybe JJ that wanted to take it there and hopefully not get to see an overcard on the turn/river.
I am just calling turn in your spot, and then thinking what to do on the river.

Honestly, I would probably fold river if a 9 or T comes, because the most likely range of his IMO are 99s or TTs, I call almost every other river card.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The effective stacks in this hand was pretty close to 100BB, so for all practical intends and purposes, this is just like a normal online cash game hand. And as a cash game player, one of the very fundamental things is to understand the implication of a flop raise in a single raised pot, or a turn raise when there was a bet on the flop.

And in both cases the implication of the raise is, that now stacks can go in on the river without resorting to overbetting. So the hands, it makes sense to raise for value on the flop or on the turn after calling a flop bet, are those, that want to play for stacks.

And typically one pair hands do not want to play for stacks in a single raised pot. So the real question is, why are we raising AA on the flop? I think, this should just be a call, see what come on the turn, and then make a decision, if he bet again. Most likely calling, and most likely also taking over the betting, if he check to us.

As played I dont mind folding the turn. The board does kind of smack a SB calling range, and if he is not ahead already, he likely has a lot of equity. Its kind of weird, but I can see him play a set like this. Giving us the rope on the flop by not putting in the 3-bet but then getting nervous, when the board gets more connected on the turn.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't like the reraise on the flop to 22bb either.
the flop hits sb's range very well and there is no Need to build up a huge pot i think.
call flop, call turn. if he is still aggro on the river, you could find a fold.

but after the huge reraise OTF you tried to get in as many Chips as possible. would you fold to a 3bet shove OTF? so why fold OTT. i doubt that the 7 is improving his Hand to a straight. calling your reraise with a gutshot? i doubt it
also you block the nut flush draw

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If villain was a good player then i like the fold. But in my experience with these buy ins alot of players donk bet the flop with an overpair, flush draw, or an 8. The line he took usually is a protection bet with lower pairs and bluffs with a flush draw. i would personally never fold there. I would actually go all in on the turn to get value from the draws. This isnt "by the book" play and if this was a $50 buy in this advice would be horrible. Ive just seen bad players raise OOP on the flop way too often with the smaller pairs because they are scared of A, K, or Q coming and ive won alot of all ins by taking advantage of that. But you will run into sets/straights occasionally. If you dont have enough information on the villain as to whether hes a good player or not then its probably better to go by the book and fold. I'm just asuming if SB bets flop he probably isnt the best.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt that the 7 is improving his Hand to a straight.

He could be doing this with a hand like 87 or 76 though. On the flop he is leading for less than half pot to set his own price, fold out some overcards, find out where he is. Not a great strategy, but you see people do it. Then on the turn he improve to two pair and lead again, because he dont want to allow Hero to check back an overpair. Or he just go "LOL I have two pair" and bet without thinking about, if this is the best way to get paid. This is after all, why its called a donk bet, because its often not a very good strategy.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is much weaker hands on flop an turn (flash draw, straight draw, overpairs) and small amount of sets. i would push turn

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wouldn't say that villain has KKs here ever, that is always a re-raise.. Likely range is pairs 77-TT maybe JJ as well.

I don't see why would SB lead with a set here ever. I don't see him lead with SD of any kind either. Personally, this could be a pair of 99/TT maybe JJ that wanted to take it there and hopefully not get to see an overcard on the turn/river.
I am just calling turn in your spot, and then thinking what to do on the river.

Honestly, I would probably fold river if a 9 or T comes, because the most likely range of his IMO are 99s or TTs, I call almost every other river card.

SB is the chip leader here so we need to give him some credit for 78 suited and Ax.
Never folding on the turn here, villians just dont have enough range to kill AA on such a low board.
I'd shove all in on the flop(get good fold equity ) or let him bet the entire way and make a stand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd shove all in on the flop(get good fold equity ) or let him bet the entire way and make a stand

Fold equity mean, that better hands are folding, but its very unlikely, that he will fold 2 pair or better on the flop. Mostly worse hands will fold to a shove, and better hands will call, which mean we allow the opponent to play perfect.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If villain was a good player then i like the fold. But in my experience with these buy ins alot of players donk bet the flop with an overpair, flush draw, or an 8.

I agree with that, but when he donk bet again on the turn, after we raised him on the flop, I think, we need to respect it quite a bit more. Its not like, its for some kind of silly size either, he bet around half pot. So definitly never raising there, but we could call and see, what happen on the river.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bets made by the villain indicate that he has a good hand but is not strong enough. Having received a set or a ready straight on the turn, he would hardly have been forced out of the game by an active opponent. Most likely followed by a check-raise or a larger raise to your reraise. I think he has a pocket pair just above the cards on the board, so he would like to finish the game faster so that he would not see a larger card. Your pass in this situation is too tight, it seems that you get an ace pair in almost every hand. Good luck my tight friend!:confused:

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good bet by SB. Puts you in a tough spot with your overpair. There are a lot of hands that I think lead out this way after you've already raised. A8, 99-JJ, 98, 55, and maybe some weird combo draws like J10 clubs. For hands that beat you, that bet makes me think there's virtually zero chance he has a straight...straight is an easy check. I also think 2 pair hands are a bit more likely than sets here. 87 or 76. I personally am shipping it after the big turn bet.

Folding in Poker