Nice Hand

B

boogeyman316

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
O.K. So I wasnt involved in the hand but i posted it anyway cause i liked the bet on 5th.

full tilt poker Game #5837554206: $110 + $9 Sit & Go (Turbo) (44440044), Table 1 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:23:12 ET - 2008/03/30
Seat 1: djlizard66 (1,385)
Seat 2: rakets (2,170)
Seat 3: pokaplaya69 (1,260)
Seat 4: moneyinthebank1 (1,285)
Seat 5: concord (2,475)
Seat 6: BayPac21 (2,075)
Seat 7: bethwolf22 (1,330)
Seat 8: Marco Liesy (1,520)
moneyinthebank1 posts the small blind of 50
concord posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
BayPac21 folds
bethwolf22 folds
Marco Liesy folds
djlizard66 folds
rakets raises to 300
pokaplaya69 folds
moneyinthebank1 folds
concord raises to 500
rakets calls 200
*** FLOP *** [3d Ah Tc]
concord checks
rakets checks
*** TURN *** [3d Ah Tc] 3♠
concord checks
rakets bets 400
concord calls 400
*** RIVER *** [3d Ah Tc 3s] 4♦
concord bets 200
rakets has 15 seconds left to act
rakets calls 200
*** SHOW DOWN ***

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,250 | Rake 0
Board: [3d Ah Tc 3s 4d]
Seat 1: djlizard66 didn't bet (folded)

Seat 3: pokaplaya69 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: moneyinthebank1 (small blind) folded before the Flop

Seat 6: BayPac21 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: bethwolf22 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Marco Liesy didn't bet (folded)

B

boogeyman316

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hehehe and here i was thinking i was being smart and posting a great hand!

Well Concord had pocket As and I felt that he played them perfectly. I especially like the tiny suck bet at the end which not only sweetens the pot now but also sets up cheap bluffs for the future.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree - the check on the flop screams "I flopped a BIG hand" to me. He reraised before the flop, and anything less than an 1/2 pot continuation bet is going to severely limit any chips that he can get from this hand.

I think the props go to rackets, for seeing the river for far less than they could have lost on this hand. Concord only lost profit by misplaying it, in my opinion.

B

boogeyman316

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think concord should have bet the flop. The flop is unlikely to have hit any of rackets’ holdings- AK is an unlikely holding since we know concord has AA and if he has TT in the hole then he is going to come after concord regardless of what he does.
If we look at it from rackets’ perspective, what kind of a hand should he call the ½ pot c-bet with? Will racket call another $500 and commit half his original stack with middle pair and with concord screaming "I am still strong and here’s another quarter of my stack to prove it"? I don’t think so.
If racket is not exactly a good player, he might interpret the check as a sign of weakness and take a stab at the pot. Even if he is not stupid and does not fall for it; the best hand he can make on the turn is a smaller set- exactly what concord is hoping for.
I felt the turn was a bad card for concord because it was unlikely to have hit any of rackets’ holdings and thus check call was perfect. I think a check raise would have just made rackets fold and concord would not have made the last 200 he made on the riv. I also loved the small bet on the river, a showdown earns the respect of the table and tells everyone that he is capable of slowplaying monsters.

That’s my opinion and I will really appreciate any and all feedback on how I analyze his hand, what it says about my style, where I might need to change my thinking etc….. Can you tell I am a noob? lol

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands