Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SexyAceJoker

SexyAceJoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an interesting question that has been flowing through my mind after i played a tournament and made a move and it payed off, im not sure if it was correct but here it goes . It was like 130 to 140 minutes into the tournament ( not 100% sure ) , the chipleader had like 26000 ( we started at 1500 ) and i had around 11000, the avg was like 10000 something by the way . I was in late position and was dealt A5 suited clubs, everyone folded to me, and i raise 3 times the BB ( trying to make a move for a steal ) , the button folded , SB folded and BB calls. Flop brings 4cKd2c ( giving me the nut flush draw and an inside straight draw ) i bet the pot and the BB raised me to double my bet ( so i put him on a K with a strong kicker , most likely a Q ) and i had a decision to make considering the fact that top pair before flush draw is a 55%-45% favorite, its almost a coin flip i guess . So i decided to jam and push all in , and he quickly called, and my read was correct , he had KQ, flop brought a club and i won and raised my chipcount to 22000, i was wondering, was this play correct or in any way innecessary and would you have avoid it, and waited for a better time to try your luck ? I had 16 outs with i consider good to bust his top pair ^_^

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was the king or queen a club cause if they were your outs went down.. but you could have called.. cause you semi-bluffed to begin with while he re-raised your bluff.. you hoped bet on an all-in after that..

However though from what I am reading.. the antes must be kicking in by now and the blinds were??

Were you correct even say at 13 odds.. X 4 at 52%... you had a 50/50 chance to win with all your chips... I would say it was a correct call.. Basically it was like a pocket pair vs A,K... you either win or you lose..

Goes with what I believe in.. No guts.. No glory..

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had more than enough outs to justify the call. Your chances of catching one was about 64%. Your still drawing but you can't ask for many more outs.

Alittle more info, did he have more chips than you and what were the blinds and or you raise amounts. If you had more than say 30-40% of your stack in already then I think you could easily push the rest in at that point.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You practically have a coinflip situation, and the pot seems to be large even before your push (depending on the blinds, which you didn't give). The whole hand is pretty standard if the blinds are getting relatively large.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At that point, it was a good all in. Let's face it, are you going to get that many outs again after that hand? Probably not. You probably would have gotten less chips if you just called or raised on the flop.