MTT Hand Standard fold ?

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doubled up early one when someone limped in with QQ in early position, and i had 33 and hit my set.

Another one of those when I really wasn't sure if I did the right thing or not, regardless of the result of course.

I stop the action in the hand as it is my turn to act next

Stage #872928781 Tourney ID 1876875 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $60 - 2007-08-27 15:30:57 (ET)
Table: 13 (real money) Seat #9 is the dealer
Seat 1 - GONZOBKLYN ($2840 in chips)
Seat 2 - EMKEY1150 ($3020 in chips)
Seat 3 - RODPOWELL ($3960 in chips)
Seat 4 - SPARKYDH ($5835 in chips)
Seat 5 - FILETAFISH ($245 in chips)
Seat 6 - AJM29 ($2405 in chips)
Seat 7 - SGRBRTCHS ($1700 in chips)
Seat 8 - ELEPHANTAD ($1360 in chips)
Seat 9 - STREETENDER ($2920 in chips)
GONZOBKLYN - Posts small blind $30
EMKEY1150 - Posts big blind $60
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to STREETENDER [10h 10s]
RODPOWELL - Calls $60
SPARKYDH - Raises $300 to $300
FILETAFISH - All-In $245
AJM29 - Calls $300
SGRBRTCHS - Folds
ELEPHANTAD - Folds
STREETENDER - ????

Standard fold ? Pot was just over 900, 300 to play on, with three people to act behind me

S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally i reraise, maybe even shove this, the initial raiser is the table big stack so is probably raising lighter than most, the short stack who called all in doesn't need much of a hand, AJM just called so i don't see him/her carrying on if you reraise/shove, if the blinds wake up with monsters so be it. The only thing which would stop me would be a read on utg, which says he doesn't limp there light, but otherwise i shove.
My second option would be calling- certainly not folding here.

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had just moved to the table, so didn't have much on anyone, but I had seen the big stack before, I had him down as tight pre flop, aggresive on the flop, which meant if I call, I am really playing just for a set, because he is going to bully me off the pot afterwards. Me having position probably worked against me, he is obviously going to bet on the flop, and it is either shove or fold from there on.

This time last year I would have shoved all my chips in no doubt, at least I had a think about it this time, not saying what I did yet, want to see what some others think first.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am thinking shoving in would be the right play as well, i completely agree with Shandy

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call me conservative, but I'm probably folding here. You have an M > 30, so it's not like you have to play just to stay alive, and the risk against four other players (plus the unknown quantities in the blinds) is just too great. Any A-K-Q-J on the flop is going to be a scare card for you, as will any straight or flush draws.

What's likely to happen here is one or two players will be either knocked our or crippled, and you'll move further up the money ladder. I say leave 'em to it.

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded in the end, One of them had a pair of 8s, and one had AK, The mAK won hitting a King on the flop

I know the results aren't really important, Think I did the right thing though, although to be honest I am not sure a better spot came along

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker