MTT $50 + $5 Turbo 150-300 blinds with 25 ante

G

gmw_poker

Total posts
Stacks: - GMW666 with 2785 - BBosse22 with 4590 - jvtilt with 2250 - V_V_PATTEN with 2275 - Kismet28 with 2825 - 4ofaKindBud with 3970 - RonaldKosh with 4685 - Mortal_Limit with 4175 - Naked_Bet with 3175

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 150/300
Site: pokerstars
Dealt to GMW666:
qs.gif
qc.gif

* - Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
**- 1 players fold.
* - kismet28 raises 2500 to 2800 [ all-in ]
**- 1 players fold.
* - ronaldkosh raises 1860 to 4660 [ all-in ]
* - 2 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 4

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Just a quick background on this table, in the last 10 hands 8 of them had at least 2 ppl all-in preflop and the other 2 hands had 2 ppl all-in on the flop. The table has been extremely loose with one of the players, yet to act, going all in preflop with as little as 52o.

This is not a rebuy tourney, just a turbo. The blinds are 150-300 with a 25 ante.

What would you do?

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Total posts
bleh.

Top hand, but if this table plays like this, in a couple of orbits half will be gone and you'll be that much closer to the bubble.

I think an MTT I'd be more likely to take a chance, but in an STT the bubble is such a big point that I'd rather stay alive.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Total posts
in a turbo this is a super standard shove because the blinds will catch up to you really soon and people will be shoving with marginal hands much more often than in a normal tourney

that + you said the table was loose, so stick it in here

B

Bentheman87

Total posts
This is an easy call. Look at your M, it's about 6.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Total posts
Awards
I'm assuming MTT, from the stack sizes?

I'm inclined to shove it all in here: it's unlikely you'll be able to ride it out to any decent payout with your current stack size and if everyone's playing like maniacs, this is as good a chance as any to pad your stack out.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Total posts
Your M is less than 6 I think you have to shove here unless it is very close to the bubble.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Total posts
bleh.

Top hand, but if this table plays like this, in a couple of orbits half will be gone and you'll be that much closer to the bubble.

I think an MTT I'd be more likely to take a chance, but in an STT the bubble is such a big point that I'd rather stay alive.

Hmm, don't know where I got the STT assumption from. And missed the M entirely.

I can only guess that because of the shoving I thought early STT. But, yeah, with your M and your hand, I shove.

G

gmw_poker

Total posts
as from most of the suggestions, i did shove, the 2 others that had already shoved had AJ and AQ so I was in a pretty good position preflop.

Here was the result of the hand.

GMW666: calls 2760 and is all-in
BBosse22: folds
jvtilt: folds
*** FLOP *** [2s Jc 9d]
*** TURN *** [2s Jc 9d] [Ac]
*** RIVER *** [2s Jc 9d Ac] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Kismet28: shows [Ah Jd] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
RonaldKosh: shows [Ad Qd] (two pair, Aces and Nines)
Kismet28 collected 80 from side pot
GMW666: shows [Qs Qc] (two pair, Queens and Nines)
Kismet28 collected 8955 from main pot

So I lost the pot but fairly confident that the right decision was made, which is what its all about ;)

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Total posts
Ewww, 2 aces left in the deck and of course one comes up. Unlucky, well played though.