Monster hand vs. ??

M

maltz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello:
I encountered this hand the other night. I will write the story in my opponent's angle.

S&G tournament, early on. Blind is $1/$2. I had slightly less than $100 in chips.
Dalt JcJd from the gun.
I limped and get a lot of limpers to a guy in middle-late position, who raised to $12.

Everyone folded to me, who called and the other guys folded.
The opponent had ~$200 as he just got a donk to call his top pair top kicker all in on flop, with merely middle pair middle kicker. Gah I wish I was this lucky. Anyways.

Pot ($30)
Flop: Js 10s 5c
I bet $10. Opponent played with chips for a long time and re-raised $35. I called.

Pot ($100)
Turn: 10d
Getting a full house, I bet $25. Opponent instant reraised for $50. I called, leaving $3 of chips behind.

Pot ($200)
River: Qc
I pushed all-in ($3). Opponent called.

Now what would you have done differently? Thanks.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um.... put your last 3 bucks in on the turn instead of the river? Is this a trick question?

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have used my mental powers to know that he had 10 10 and folded cold at the flop.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhhhh I would have pushed all in on the flop after he re raised me. That's a dream come true to have someone betting into you after you flop trips. If you aren't going to push all in then why are you leaving yourself 3 bucks for the river what is the point of that?

M

maltz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
> I would have used my mental powers to know that he had 10 10 and folded cold at the flop.

Oh did I forget to mention that I (the opponent) did have 10 10... nice read! Can you come to my home game and sit behind me?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands