Missing value on turn/river ?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt $6 + $0.50 Turbo SNG, playing a marginal hand from the button as I feel the table is becoming too tight. Fire a c-bet as UTG checks to me on flop. Not sure about my turn/river checks. Am I playing weak or just careful here?

full tilt poker Game #5621722595: $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (42788339), Table 1 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:11:29 ET - 2008/03/13
Seat 1: BelgoSuisse (1,705)
Seat 3: acupuncter (4,520)
Seat 6: BettyUK (2,035)
Seat 7: BOBBYBIKES (1,260)
Seat 8: lacstcharles (2,280)
Seat 9: buckboy505 (1,700)
acupuncter posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BelgoSuisse [Jh Kh]
BettyUK calls 60
BOBBYBIKES folds
lacstcharles folds
buckboy505 folds
BelgoSuisse raises to 180
acupuncter folds
BettyUK calls 120
*** FLOP *** [Ks 8c Ad]
BettyUK checks
BelgoSuisse bets 300
BettyUK calls 300
*** TURN *** [Ks 8c Ad] [2d]
BettyUK checks
BelgoSuisse checks
*** RIVER *** [Ks 8c Ad 2d] [As]
BettyUK checks
BelgoSuisse checks

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn check is fine - usually smaller pocket pairs/other kings (the range you're ahead of) won't call two barrels, and betting only gives money to the better hands (sets, aces).

The river is closer and we'd probably need reads to really decide if this was a bet or not, but against an unknown at these stakes I probably bet it expecting to get looked up by worse kings and smaller pocket pairs. A check isn't terrible.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
turn check is standard and i'm betting the river almost always. sometimes we valuetown ourselves when he has KQ, but more often he has weaker Ks, maybe an 8, etc. that can look us up after we check the turn and the board pairs

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was mostly concerned he had Ace rag or KQ. Turns out he had called lightly with a straight draw and missed.

*** SHOW DOWN ***
BelgoSuisse shows [Jh Kh] two pair, Aces and Kings
BettyUK mucks
BelgoSuisse wins the pot (1,020) with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 6: BettyUK mucked [Qh Jd] - a pair of Aces

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
argh i wish you hadn't posted results yet, but betting river should be pretty standard here. something like ~450 will get value out of other Ks, smaller PPs, and all kinds of stuff

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
argh i wish you hadn't posted results yet, but betting river should be pretty standard here. something like ~450 will get value out of other Ks, smaller PPs, and all kinds of stuff

sorry for posting results too early, vanquish. How long should I usually wait before doing so?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry for posting results too early, vanquish. How long should I usually wait before doing so?

i would recommend like 2 days but its really not that big a deal.
you'll become aware of which members will usually offer advice on hands, and once you see a few of them offer opinions, it's generally fine.

gl sir