LOL my last one #3 The one I lost to

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that I cared I lost, but again sat here wondering what the person was thinking.. Again the chip leader at our table is actually on my left.. so again I am short stacked and so isn't the person on my right. Blinds are still at 500/1000...

He says all in with 5300, I call with 4800. Again he is CO and I am the button.. SB again calls and this time everyone folds. Now I know taking out 2 birds with 1 stone is true, but with 2 short stacks fighting each other, why does the chip leader take the chance of pushing us both out? I had the best hand going in by the way, A,8 suited vs CO's A,6 Unsuited vs SB's J,9 unsuited. A,6 won with a pair of 6's.. I shook his hand and congragulated him even though he said he was lucky.

I only kept thinking as to why take a chance to triple one of us up? when indeed you have more then enough chips to eliminate us later instead of giving 1 of us more ammunition?

After that hand by the way, turned into final table because other table there was others eliminated as well.

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly understand your question, and I think the answer is, he was just trying to buy the blinds--plain and simple.

My question for you is....why did you call!?!

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly understand your question, and I think the answer is, he was just trying to buy the blinds--plain and simple.

My question for you is....why did you call!?!

Double up and/even triple up. I have one more rotation after being on the Button to choose a hand to try to double up/push all-in and get a caller. Either call here or wait(which is possible that there won't be a hand remotely close to what I have now).

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The important thing to remember while in shove-or-fold mode is that it's best to be first into the pot. Shoving with A8 when nobody else has bet here might not be a bad move.

Calling an all in is a different kettle of fish though - suddenly you're up against someone who's already shown strength, and all you've got is a mediocre hand. I would've waited for a better spot.