live tourney help

1dylan1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a $75 no limit tourney, with rebuys and addons, going into the first hour.. well after the first hour, left with about 4,000.. got pretty decent positioning, and biggest stack calls blinds of 800, (400/800) right now.. I raise to 1600 with As 2s, basically, I figure hes already in 800, he obviously wants to see the flop, and called my 1600... after the flop reads 3c 5d 2h .. he checks to me, were heads up at this point.. what should I have done at this point? Well, I raised all in, with my 2's, and he calls me with K7, and rivers the K, and I'm done. Whadda you think?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold Arag preflop - never ever minraise preflop. Obviously big stack felt that losing 4K would not hurt him so his stack must have been pretty good at this point to make this play.

bypacheco

bypacheco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold daily preflop or if it was the case depending on the style of the table would enter of all in

I find that it would be more interesting in this way

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really need to be either shoving all-in before the flop or folding on this one.

1600 is almost half your stack so you're pretty much pot committed once you've bet that. If you shove all in and everyone folds then you've added a decent amount of chips to your stack. If you open fold then you can wait for a better spot, though you're going to want to find it fairly quickly as you don't have many chips to play with.

As played, again I don't think you have any choice but to shove that flop. You've got a (very small) piece of it along with a gutshot draw, and the flop's unlikely to have hit your opponent. No idea what the big stack was thinking calling with K7 and you got unlucky that he hit, but if you had've made different choices before the flop, the situation probably could've been avoided.

M

MI_Snowdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really need to be either shoving all-in before the flop or folding on this one.

1600 is almost half your stack so you're pretty much pot committed once you've bet that. If you shove all in and everyone folds then you've added a decent amount of chips to your stack. If you open fold then you can wait for a better spot, though you're going to want to find it fairly quickly as you don't have many chips to play with.

As played, again I don't think you have any choice but to shove that flop. You've got a (very small) piece of it along with a gutshot draw, and the flop's unlikely to have hit your opponent. No idea what the big stack was thinking calling with K7 and you got unlucky that he hit, but if you had've made different choices before the flop, the situation probably could've been avoided.

exactly. no need to be min raising with an easily dominated hand ESPECIALLY against the big stack. you're just asking to be eliminated. either push or fold...and I lean fold here.

as you played it...easy push on the flop especially since he checked. he should've folded but, you put yourself in that position in the first place...so, basically i just said what oz said....so i'll shut up now.. :)

Organize a Home Poker Game