Live tournament, Need Help!

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing in a live tournament tonight, it was just at some bar and there were a few good players, a few bad players, and some average players. It gets down to the 5 of us and here is how the stacks look.

Me - 5K (BB)
Villian - 3K
3 others are out.

I have 8s7s Villian raises it the minimum preflop so I call with the discount price with my suited connectors, the flop comes K-5-2 ,(rainbow flop) I check and so does he. Turn is a 7 and he bets 3 times the pot, now im thinking he has AQ, AJ, or A10 and hes missed but trying to take the pot from me, no way did the 7 help him on the turn, so I push all in. He eventually calls and turns over AK. How would u guys have played it?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need to know a few things first:

What size were the blinds? What position was the villain in? How many players get prizes? Any reads on the villain - was he one of the good players, or one of the bad players? What are the stack sizes of the other players?

You can usually get more meaningful analysis if you don't post the results too.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We really do need more information to give good analysis. From the information given though, this was a poor play. People don't usually bluff by betting 3 times the size of the pot.

Organize a Home Poker Game