Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I need to know what I could have done differently here. I need to get myself a bucket to keep next to my desk...:puke: Lay it on me guys! :D

Game #1366086369 - Tournament Nemo - 200/400 Texas Hold'em -
2006/03/22-01:15:55.3 (CST)
Table "Nemo 8" (MTT) -- Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: juiceeQ (5,455 in chips)
Seat 2: mrfoldem (4,363 in chips)
Seat 3: AcePrince (897 in chips)
Seat 4: dogguc (2,165 in chips)
Seat 5: hjstrikers (3,830 in chips)
Seat 6: Mr. Buck (6,802 in chips)
Seat 7: MickeyDog (2,305 in chips)
Seat 8: mt0481 (2,675 in chips)
Seat 9: tien19 (2,860 in chips)
juiceeQ said, "back to back"
mrfoldem: Post Small Blind (100)
AcePrince: Post Big Blind (200)
Dealing...
Dealt to juiceeQ [6d][As]
dogguc : Call (200)
hjstrikers: Fold
Mr. Buck: Fold
MickeyDog: Fold
mt0481 : Fold
tien19 : Call (200)
juiceeQ : Call (200)
mrfoldem: Fold
AcePrince: Check
*** FLOP *** : [4h][3h][6c]
AcePrince: Bet (200)
dogguc : Fold
tien19 : Raise (400)
juiceeQ : Raise (600)
AcePrince: Fold
tien19 : Call (200)
*** TURN *** : [4h][3h][6c] [6h]
tien19 : Bet (400)
juiceeQ : Raise (800)
tien19 : Call (400)
*** RIVER *** : [4h][3h][6c][6h] [2s]
tien19 : Check
juiceeQ : Bet (400)
tien19 : Call (400)
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: 4,700 | Board: [4h][3h][6c][6h][2s]
juiceeQ lost 2,000 (showed hand) [6d][As] (three of a kind, sixes)
mrfoldem lost 100 (folded)
AcePrince lost 400 (folded)
dogguc lost 200 (folded)
hjstrikers didn't bet (folded)
Mr. Buck didn't bet (folded)
MickeyDog didn't bet (folded)
mt0481 didn't bet (folded)
tien19 bet 2,000, collected 4,700, net +2,700 (showed hand) [10h][7h]
(a flush, ten high)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think (and listening to me might not be the best idea - i'm a noob with LHE) if you're going to play A6os then you need to raise it PF to eliminate people with these (T7h) kinds of hands.
as for post-flop play, i think maybe a check-call to the river would be better because really, what could he be calling with? smaller pair (though i think he wouldve folded w/ your flop raise), straight draw, or flush draw
turn brought the 3rd h and woulda scared me personally
this is why i hate limit sometimes though, i mean you can't push a guy off a hand
i don't know if a PF raise would have even pushed him out
oh well better luck next time juicee
ps how'd you place? :)

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't bet that river.
Seriously consider NOT raising that turn.
We'll skip the part about how you shouldn't have seen a flop.

When you do want to see a flop, Raise preflop.

Osmann

Osmann

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand perfectly. You could never put your opponent on a flush cause of his raise on the flop, and the straight was also unlikely. It was just one of thoose hands where you unfortunately got dealt the loosing hand. You even had your opponent thinking he was loosing the hand

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
opponent was in the BB and could have anything, really though

edit: nevermind i confused players

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A6 off isn't a great hand, but with just 2 callers, in position, it can get some return, so it's not necessarily a bad play (as it would be in early position).
However, the flop gave a flush draw and a possible made straight. K6, Q6, etc wouldn't have been good hands to see a flop with, and suited connectors and suited cards close together would have been more likely to be in the pot with you. This means that if you made a pair along with another player, you may have the best hand at that point, but you would be likely to find yourself against flush draws, straight draws, top pair with a draw, 2 pair, etc, rather than a hand that you would be guaranteed to beat - you could even have been drawing nearly dead from the flop into a made straight.
I'd have called the initial bet on the flop (wanting to see an improvement in your hand and no heart), but when the raise was put in, that made a much higher chance that you were against a straight and a flush draw or perhaps better, and because of that raise I'd either call or fold, not raise. If you're against both a straight and flush draw, then you probably want to catch a card and see whether either are likely to have improved - if they haven't then you have a good chance of winning the hand, rather than putting money in on a coin flip.
The 6 was fatal, because it gave you enough ammunition to want to play the hand, while being a perfect card for any of those flush draws. It's one of those ones where you improved your hand, but at a point where the flop had indicated not so much looking at your hand improving as whether someone elses had - you were reasonably likely to be ahead on the flop, and the important factor wasn't whether you improved, but whether your opponent had.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, the only reason I played that A6 was because I was on the button. In retrospect, like Fish said, I should have raised PF if I was even going to consider playing such a hand. Overall, I played it a bit donkish.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Oh, and I ended up placing 34th...:puke: I did get some chips back, but then went completely card dead. Got drawn out on the few good pockets I had, or blanks. Or, crap like K2, Q3, 94, 10/2, etc, etc. And with the blinds and antes going up, it just decimated me. (Oh yeah, and my crap play with the above hand. :p)

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people will say "oh you shouldnt be playing A6 preflop" but IMO a call on the button is definitely the right move. I would not be raising with A6os in a limit game with 2 callers in behind and the SB and BB still to act

You are 100% right to re-raise the re-raiser, you have tptk and with a flop like that he is almost certain to be on a draw, the call just confirm he either has a flush draw or a straight draw. The thing to remember is players love to play these suited connectors in limit games

The turn card is horrible. Despite the fact it improves your outs, it takes you from fav to an underdog and you now need to redraw. You do have outs still to the boat, and your opponent is scared his flush has now been outkicked, hence the call on the turn and river.

The river card is horrible also. IMO the only way you can take down the pot is to bet out hoping he has made his straight and is worried you have made a flush, although any semi-good player will call regardless because the odds are brilliant

JQ I think you played the hand very well and made your opponent pay to take down the pot. You got unlucky, thats all. I would have played it probably identical

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands