Let's see if you can read me

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason I made the bluff is because I didn't expect him to call with anything less than a full house, and my goal was to push him off his queen if that's what he wound up having. I played my cards like I had Aces or Kings, but he called me down anyway. I don't think it was a bad play, that whole hand I was only focused on what he had and what he thought I had. I really wish I'd known his thought process for his call, which was probably "It's a freeroll, screw it". But his decisions playing before hand were good.

Now, I understand what you're getting at, DM, but just because you're in a freeroll doesn't mean EVERYONE sucks. I saw plenty of evidence to the contrary that he knew what he was doing.

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wanted to see the next part of the chat box where half the room writes "lol" "rofl" "what a donk!" :p hehe all that suspense just to see how silly freerolls are.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason I made the bluff is because I didn't expect him to call with anything less than a full house, and my goal was to push him off his queen if that's what he wound up having.

Honestly... seriously? One thing I have learned in internet poker is that you are unlikely to push most players off KQ there, let alone someone with A (yes, players will call all that down with AK). If he has a set or trip 6's, forget about it. With the strength (can we even call lumberjacks play strength?) villain has shown, you will only be called by hands that beat you.

But it's a freeroll, so have fun.:D

Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you tried to hard to create a bluff when you really didn't need to.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you tried to hard to create a bluff when you really didn't need to.

That's pretty much what the general consensus is, and in hindsight I agree. I just wanted to see what more knowledgable players would've done in his situation.

I was in good position before that hand, and yeah, it hurt me, but not even ten hands later I was back where I was when I did this.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus says the less sense a play makes the more likely its a bluff.

The betting and checking was a bit random and chaotic, + the talk.

I thought you most likely had a middle pair