KT, shortstacked ITM

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Blinds have just gone up; we've been pretty aggressive pushing players around, as has everyone else. The player raising has been taking liberties with stealing my blinds nearly every round the last ~4 orbits, and we haven't had hands good enough to resteal against him yet. His stats are really tight since the beginning of the final table (~10/10/2), but in the last ~20 hands he's been LAG just like the rest of us and his stats are very decieving.

Another thing I think I should mention is that in general he wouldn't minraise; it was either raise 3BB+ or fold. The player to my left has been the tightest since we've been ITM (5 ppl paid) and I think villain is just trying to make a cheap steal at his blind.

Waddaya think; good enough to resteal with? Do we even have enough fold equity to make this play?

pokerstars GAME #8400651556: TOURNAMENT #42813851, $10+$1 HOLD'EM NO LIMIT - LEVEL X (400/800) - 2007/02/12 - 02:01:04 (ET)
Table '42813851 2' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2: Brambino (14415 in chips)
Seat 3: ChuckTs (6550 in chips)
Seat 5: rpc54 (8815 in chips)
Seat 8: 123smile (10720 in chips)
Brambino: posts the ante 50
ChuckTs: posts the ante 50
rpc54: posts the ante 50
123smile: posts the ante 50
ChuckTs: posts small blind 400
rpc54: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChuckTs [Td Kc]
123smile: folds
Brambino: raises 800 to 1600
ChuckTs:...

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
I would call, it is after all only a min-raise.
If you hit the K on the flop then push all-in.
you may be short stacked but never count yourself out.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Forgot to post results:

Brambino: raises 800 to 1600
ChuckTs: raises 4900 to 6500 and is all-in
rpc54: folds
Brambino: calls 4900
*** FLOP *** [3c 7c 5s]
*** TURN *** [3c 7c 5s] 7♥
*** RIVER *** [3c 7c 5s 7h] 2♣
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ChuckTs: shows [Td Kc] (a pair of Sevens)
Brambino: shows [6h Ad] (a pair of Sevens - Ace kicker)
Brambino collected 14000 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 14000 | Rake 0
Board [3c 7c 5s 7h 2c]
Seat 2: Brambino (button) showed [6h Ad] and won (14000) with a pair of Sevens
Seat 3: ChuckTs (small blind) showed [Td Kc] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 5: rpc54 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: 123smile folded before Flop (didn't bet)

EDIT: to be honest, I'm really not too familiar with the stop n go strategy. I do understand it, but really have never tried it. Will do in the future though...

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
well

stop and go would not of mattered if he would call 4900 with A6 preflop he would of called 4900 on flop with gutshot.

J

JosephDel

I think you can look for much better spots.

You HAVE to be the aggressor with that kinda hand, and you do not have a big enough stack for him to fold after you push.

K 10 is so easily smashed by so many hands that he makes the exact same bet with. A K, K Q, K J, A 10 and pp 10,10 or higher.

You really must push first with this type of hand, if somebody beats you to it then fold and wait for a better spot.

You need a hand that is not likely dominated to play this hand (something like a suited conector 6,7-7,8, 8-9.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
I think you can look for much better spots.

You HAVE to be the aggressor with that kinda hand, and you do not have a big enough stack for him to fold after you push.

K 10 is so easily smashed by so many hands that he makes the exact same bet with. A K, K Q, K J, A 10 and pp 10,10 or higher.

You really must push first with this type of hand, if somebody beats you to it then fold and wait for a better spot.

You need a hand that is not likely dominated to play this hand (something like a suited conector 6,7-7,8, 8-9.

Agreed, and good point with the SCs being a better hand to get my $ in with.

This was a little while ago, but I think the hand was right in the middle of a pretty big card drought and I must have made a frustration push there thinking that I wouldn't get good enough hands to get my money in anywhere in the near future.