Knock yourself in the butt on this flop?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table: 4541801 (real money) Seat #6 is the dealer
Seat 2 - FREDDYJAMES ($3705 in chips)
Seat 5 - HAVINFUN50 ($2730 in chips)
Seat 6 - FACTFINDER ($1740 in chips)
Seat 7 - TEXAS47 ($1365 in chips)
Seat 8 - TWIZZYBOP ($1335 in chips)
Seat 9 - MOHO ($2625 in chips)
TEXAS47 - Posts small blind $20
TWIZZYBOP - Posts big blind $40
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Qh 8s]
MOHO - Folds
FREDDYJAMES - Raises $120 to $120
HAVINFUN50 - Folds
FACTFINDER - Calls $120
TEXAS47 - Folds
TWIZZYBOP - Folds
*** FLOP *** [8h Qd 2h]
FREDDYJAMES - Bets $320
FACTFINDER - Folds
FREDDYJAMES - returned ($320) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
FREDDYJAMES - Does not show
FREDDYJAMES Collects $300 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($300)
Board [8h Qd 2h]
Seat 2: FREDDYJAMES collected Total ($300) HI:($300) [Does not show]
Seat 5: HAVINFUN50 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: FACTFINDER (dealer) Folded on the FLOP
Seat 7: TEXAS47 (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: TWIZZYBOP (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: MOHO Folded on the POCKET CARDS

I am not a fortune teller :) If I was then I would know which hand to fold and which hand to hold on to.. Made the correct call :)

Yes before anybody says it.. to many hand histories.. but like I said before.. one can never stop learning or show others what to do or not to do. Yet I like to see everone's opinion even on the simpliest of hands compared to the King(x) suited I mentioned previously.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you be mad? If pocket Qs 8s or 2s were out there it would have been your tourney life.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL How can I be mad.. if I did call.. I would have went all-in with those 2 pair.. but its a hand I knew I didn't belong in so I folded before anything wrong was going to happen. Yes granted that flopped but no matter.. I folded to fight another day

Kraigus

Kraigus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only been playing no-limit for about two years and I'm always trying to learn from the game but I do not know exactly why you folded to the $120 raise on the flop after you made two pair? Was it position or being short stacked or something else? I have lost a hand many times with two pair because of being too aggresive. Maybe I can learn something here.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded cause there was nothing in my hand to call what so ever.. No straight draw or flush draw in my hand.. Not even an ace... any king, or ace would destroy my hand never mind anything else.. easy fold here with a very very very marginal hand.. besides always a next time to fight,, no need to fight with such a marginal hand early on.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kraigus said:
I've only been playing no-limit for about two years and I'm always trying to learn from the game but I do not know exactly why you folded to the $120 raise on the flop after you made two pair? Was it position or being short stacked or something else? I have lost a hand many times with two pair because of being too aggresive. Maybe I can learn something here.

The hand was folde before the flop so it was unknown at that point that that hand would make at least top pair. You can't really call $240 total for an unsuited Q, 8.

tribal_kronic

tribal_kronic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes twizzy you made the correct lay down, top to bottoms such as Q-8, J-7, 10-6 etc. are hands you should stay away from, especially if there off suit because if you flop a straight draw with it then its usually a gut shot draw, and if you hit your straight say the flop came 9-10-J, there's a chance that someone can have KQ, the only time i will call with a top to bottom is if it's suited, i'm in a late position, and its a cheap flop ( no pre flop raise ) otherwise stay away from the top to bottoms.

Kraigus

Kraigus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks t1reil, I must have misread that the hand was folded before the flop. I've learned alot already. Good advice from you guys.