KK : late stages of a satelitte

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of these comments are funny, as some people have no idea how to play sattelites. "Who folds kk pre-flop to a big stack raise???", my friends sometimes you're gonna have to fold AA pre-flop and its the right move.

Personally, with the short stacks on other tables and your good seating position, you can fold. Most other times you push, you have to make sure you go through or go out. Blinding out is so much worse, especially when you know you had a really good chance to double up.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like that fold. i have folded KK or even AA a few times when your close to the money. I mean sure preflop your 99% chance have the best hand but there are still 5 cards to come, and somne could easly have 10 7 suited, and they are shortstack and that is the best hand they have seen in 15 minutes and u could get donked out. When you close to the money, and you know you have enough chips to make it then play tight till the money, then after your in the money push, or move all in with that KK, just my opinion though

Sorry for the double post but i just saw this. When you get KK or AA, the bestpossible time to push IS around the bubble, especially with a short stack. It makes no sense passing at bubble time, i'd rather double up or go out. You need to push the people who are playing tight and hopefully get called by a big stack.
The money is at the final table, and if you don't have that final table mentality at all times, you're wasting your time in MTT's.

razin-n-blazin

razin-n-blazin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really funny hand right in line with this topic

I posted in this thread previously. I just played this hand in a one dollar sitngo on FT and was taken out on the bubble. The thought never crossed my mind to fold this given the situation, but next time maybe. Maybe.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Full Tilt, $1.25 Buy-in (80/160 blinds) NL Hold'em Sit'N'Go, 4 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BTN): 1,257 (7.9 bb)
SB: 4,593 (28.7 bb)
BB: 880 (5.5 bb)
CO: 6,770 (42.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with K:diamond: K:spade:
CO raises to 320, Hero raises to 1,257 and is all-in, 2 folds, CO calls 937

Flop: (2,754) T:diamond: 3:heart: 5:heart: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
Turn: (2,754) 8:heart: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: (2,754) A:diamond: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:[spoil] 2,754 pot
Hero showed K:diamond: K:spade: (a pair of Kings) and lost (-1,257 net)
CO showed 8:spade: 8:club: (three of a kind, Eights) and won 2,754 (1,497 net)
[/spoil]

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very simple.. you should go all in because if 18 people get ITM and you were 17 its very possible that another player with a lower stack could duplicate his chips and then you would be in a bad position... if you were 10th or maybe 13th folding is the right option IMO....

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted in this thread previously. I just played this hand in a one dollar sitngo on FT and was taken out on the bubble. The thought never crossed my mind to fold this given the situation, but next time maybe. Maybe.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Full Tilt, $1.25 Buy-in (80/160 blinds) NL Hold'em Sit'N'Go, 4 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BTN): 1,257 (7.9 bb)
SB: 4,593 (28.7 bb)
BB: 880 (5.5 bb)
CO: 6,770 (42.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with K K
CO raises to 320, Hero raises to 1,257 and is all-in, 2 folds, CO calls 937

Flop: (2,754) T 3 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
Turn: (2,754) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: (2,754) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:[spoil] 2,754 pot
Hero showed K K (a pair of Kings) and lost (-1,257 net)
CO showed 8 8 (three of a kind, Eights) and won 2,754 (1,497 net)
[/spoil]

dont play tournaments with such high rake

N

naminuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the folding was right decision there. There are just few players left untill you win an entry, and you are in the cuttoff now what mean that u still have 6 hands to come untill the big blind, and hopefully win all thing. :)

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the object is to win a seat from the satellite not win this hand. i would fold and wait.. u have six hands before your stack is gone and others are allin before that just at your table. the stack sizes at the other tables may have to come into play in this senario tho, but we have no info on the stack sizes of the other tables.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude what the hell? You have a great hand you are low stack and your at the end of the tourney so you shouldve gone all-in. What you did was a no-brainer man. Everyopne would have pushed all-in I just cant believe you folded.

J

Justboo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think going all-in is the answer if you are short stacked! If you have a big stack, raise and try to push him out. I have always had better luck with KK than AA. AA gets burned more than they win, at least that has been my experience. I get happy when I get that hand, but it lets me down more times than not!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a tough one. first thing i do is figure out what the average stack will be when in the money. if you know you got that average stack size then you could fold to the money(if the blind don't catch you). in that case i would fold easily even with aces. if your not a sure in then i'd shove KK here. it looks like to me this is the only pot you got to win to be in the money. and what better hand to do it with. if this payout structure wasn't so "flat" i definatley play the hand. so take the # of players times the # of starting chips and devide by the # players to be paid = the average chip stack when in the money.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very tough decision to make. I always like to keep track of the other tables when I am in your position. I will count spots to see when they are going to pay their blinds. If they pay theirs before I pay mine, that is more of a slant towards folding.
Also I would be watching when the blinds are going up. It doesn't show in your HH. If you can make it through the blinds, I would fold AA. Sure the big stack is trying to luck out and put you out. But he has no risk in doing so.