Keep bubbling, need tourny analysis please

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Ive been having a bit of trouble recently with 9 and 10 man SnG's on stars and full tilt and i'm not really sure where i am going wrong.

I dont think the early stages are where my problems lie, I just play very tight and let people donk themselves out, trying to limp in with my small-med pairs to maybe hit the flop and playing mostly good cards in position.

My problems begin in the latter stages of the tournament, usually i have a decent sized stack, i know that this is when aggresion is the key but i usually have an M of about 14, 15, so don't want to jeopardise my stack, this usually results in me putting in a raise, trying to steal, and someone else coming over the top all in and re-stealing, it seems that you really need a good run of cards in the latter stages as you can't keep raising with crap as you'll get caught with your hands in the cookie jar and meet some big re-raises.

On the other hand if I end up with an M of say 7 or 8 in the end game, i'm not scared of pushing with all sorts to steal some much needed blinds, my short stack play is quite good, it's just when i have a decent sized stack i tend to clam up and try and let other people knock each other out, which usually results in a few people doubling up instead of being knocked out, then me going out on the bubble because i've been too passive when i had a good stack.

This is a big problem i think as it is dragging my ROI well down, I place 1st or 2nd a good few times but all the bubbled results are really dragging my stats and BR down.

I have attached a zip file with my last SnG HH in it, I was just wondering if anybody would be so kind as to just have a quick watch of it in poker tracker or read through it and try and give some advice on where i am going wrong.

Thanks for any advice..

Attachments

• History.ZIP
    7.6 KB · Views: 1
Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't want to jeopardise my stack, this usually results in me putting in a raise, trying to steal, and someone else coming over the top all in and re-stealing, it seems that you really need a good run of cards in the latter stages as you can't keep raising with crap as you'll get caught with your hands in the cookie jar and meet some big re-raises.

Sometimes you are going to just have to call a restealer, especially if they are a short stack. If you are constantly folding to shoves they will wear your stack down they know this and count on it. If they are making a lot of moves then they will have a wide range. obviously if they have never done this then caution is pertinent but you will have a good sense of what peoples ranges are by this portion of the SNG.

Also it sounds like your stealing could use a little work.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A slightly interesting post, fraught with DANGER!!!!

I doubt your 'stealing' is an issue, or even problem.

There is no correct answer to this problem, though your post is confounding, as you allude that you do have some good results.

Anyway, some random thoughts:

Late with an M of 14-15, is not a decent stack, middlin stack at best.

You play too tight early and, miss some TBL image advantages. Remember, you need to give action to get action, careful balance like...

How do you play the Big Stack early?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have been through the history and made a bunch of (hopefully constructive) criticisim after each hand.

From what I can see in this game, your biggest problem is that you're actually playing a pretty weak-tight strategy, which is causing you all sorts of problems. Other players steals are bleeding you to death, and you're not stealing back to keep on an even keel. Also, because you're folding so much, it's really obvious when you've got a good hand, so you'll rarely get paid off.

You did suffer a nasty beat against CaptKirk in this particular game on the QQ vs A9 hand, and there's not much you can do about that. If you had've been a bit more active a bit earlier though, it mightn't have crippled you as badly.

Anywho, hope this helps:

Attachments

• PowerTaylor - Oz analysis.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to reply to you properly tomorrow when i'm sober but right now i cant take the grin off my face, you seem to have spotted a lot of HUGE leaks in my game, i think i definetly have the patience and discipline down to play well in the early stages but later on you have picked up on a few things that i def need to work on, can't wait til i'm in a good enough state to play and give you proper thanks for your help.

Thanks a lot man...