K3s Bad all in call?

Lopos

Lopos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in a $1 SnG at Pstars and it is 3 way.
The guy to my Right Has about 1200 in chips and I have about 6700.

So I have raised his blinds and twice since it hit 3 way each time, he has re raised me resulting in my fold. So I Pick up K3s and raise it up again. This time he throws his whole stack in. I figure he is trying to push me off of another hand because of my previous folds. I say to myself "at best, he has QJ" I call. He flips over JTo And i knock him out. The only reason i called this reraise was because i felt my Khigh was good. And figured i was willing to risk this coinflip for a chance at knocking him out. However, Him and the other player at the table tell me it was a donkey call and start talking trash.

I just wanted to know What you guys thought about it, Was it a bad call? Because to be honest I felt pretty good about it.

Lopos

Lopos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either 50/100 or 75/150. I don't remember exactly.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say nice play given the context.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems alright, you can't just let him raise you off the hand all the time when you're 3 handed. Even if you lost this it might discourage him from doing this move as he knows you're capable of calling him.

B

BuffaloDolly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You won, so I guess it's not a bad call. 3 handed play is so tough to strategize. Theres usually a short stack gunning all in every other hand. The blinds are usually up high enough at the end to not allow players to be as patient as they'd like. King high beats two random hands, but you never know when youll run into a monster.

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so we'll assume 75/150....giving him 8 bb's? Against a random hand A high or K high is going to be ahead by a little bit. Really nothing wrong with your call, was in fact the correct move, and you won a 60/40 and knocked it down to HU play with most of the chips being in your corner. Good job!