Just wondering

neilzelkin

neilzelkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I have become more disciplined and saavy when playing MTT NL tourneys I have watched the percentage of hands I am dealt and actually play through the flop when not in the blinds drop considerably. It is now around 22-25%. And with this decrease I have witnessed the winning percentage of these hands end up to be no lower than 60% and in some cases almost 80%.

What is an acceptable/target percentage that I should shoot for to ensure I am playing sound poker?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will never be a hard number. It will depend on what style your game fits. Some are most happy seeing lots of cheap flops, so their number will higher to much higher than yours, others only play premium hands and theirs will be lower. At 22-25% you're in a decent range, not too tight, not too loose.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What other stats do you have on your play? 22-25 VPIP by itself doesn't mean a whole lot.

neilzelkin

neilzelkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is not on what is a good VPIP %. My question is of those 22-25% of the hands I play what is percentage of those should I win. For example, if i see 50 hands during a SnG and play 10 of them, how many of those 10 should I win?