JJ on the SB facing a raise from the CO

Tigersmith

Tigersmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do I do here in this situation, I was thinking about reraising with JJ out of position on the SB but just decided to make the call to see the flop. By the way im pretty sure I should of 3 Bet Preflop OOP. Live and learn.. lol

poker stars NL Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds, 8 Players

BB: 2,650
UTG: 5,529
UTG+1: 3,735
MP1: 2,073
MP2: 5,340
CO: 10,795
BTN: 3,925
Hero (SB): 7,165

Pre-Flop: (300) J
diamond.gif
J
spade.gif
dealt to Hero (SB)
5 folds, CO raises to 800, BTN folds, Hero calls 700, BB folds

Flop: (1,800) T
club.gif
club.gif
club.gif
(2 Players)
Hero bets 1,400, CO raises to 3,000???

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Icky...That being said I think you have to fold. You are up againt the big stack with an over pair to a flushy board. I think if you are going to keep playing this hand you need to shove but I think you need to let it go.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would've liked a re-raise preflop... on that flop though, it gets ugly. Chances are you still have the best hand, but you haven't invested much and it's probably not worth risking your tournament on.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad situation since you can't like that flop much, but I think you need to shove here. Think of it like this, if you fold now you'll have 4000 chips, you would have gone from 7100 to 4000 and you could very easily be folding the best hand here. It's a bad situation because even though you might have the best hand if he has a big flush draw then he has a lot of outs to win, he could make a flush or hit his overcard. Of course he might even has K10 or A10 with no flush draw and think he has the best hand now. This is HU so it's very unlikely he has a flush here, he might have an overpair (which also is just unfortunate for you) but I think he most likely has the Ace of club or king of club. So even though it could be a tossup situation I think you should shove since you would have lost almost half your stack if you fold.