JJ line taken?

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you have done PF as well as on the flop?

Line taken preflop as well as on the flop?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds 10 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t1845)
MP3 (t14937)
CO (t4873)
Button (t2025)
Hero (SB) (t5060)
BB (t2990)
UTG (t4065)
UTG+1 (t3290)
MP1 (t13832)

Hero's M: 21.08

Preflop: Hero is SB with J
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif

UTG calls t100, 3 folds, MP3 bets t200, CO raises to t600, 1 fold, Hero calls t550, BB calls t500, 1 fold, MP3 calls t400

Flop: (t2590) 10
club.gif
, 4
heart.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
(4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 bets t100, CO raises to t1700, Hero?

C

Caesura

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold to post-flop 3bet, thinking some-one has a higher pocket pair.

Preflop looks risky as MP3 could shove all-in but with your stack to blinds ratio I think calling 600 to see a flop is worth it

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should probably be getting it in pre flop as you have 50 bigs and a strong holding pre. Calling also seems fine but when you flop an overpair you have to get it in. Its unfortunate if he has TT or a bigger OP but the villain will do this with AK and potentially AQ imo, so as played call flop and call a shove OTT if its not a Q,K or A. But usually should probably get this in pre with 50BB's

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove pre, JJ is likely ahead of these guys.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sigh fold w 45bb's.
Tons of oppurtunities to get idiots stacking off w garbage. I wait for a better spot.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I shove pre, JJ is likely ahead of these guys.

far too much too shove,

I think you should probably be getting it in pre flop as you have 50 bigs and a strong holding pre. Calling also seems fine but when you flop an overpair you have to get it in. Its unfortunate if he has TT or a bigger OP but the villain will do this with AK and potentially AQ imo, so as played call flop and call a shove OTT if its not a Q,K or A. But usually should probably get this in pre with 50BB's

way too deep to get it in pre and we fold out everything worse with a cold 4bet.

I would fold to post-flop 3bet, thinking some-one has a higher pocket pair.

Preflop looks risky as MP3 could shove all-in but with your stack to blinds ratio I think calling 600 to see a flop is worth it

i think flatting preflop is pretty normal, i wouldnt be 4betting much for value and I dont love it as a bluff spot without reads.

I think flatting is fine, as is sigh folding flop, this is JJ+/1010 pretty much all the time, more likely QQ than anything given sizing

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ended up flatting PF and did fold the flop after I used all of my timebank <----- Just didn´t know.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reads at all on the opponents? It's an awkward situation due to the stacks and being OOP. Flatting is like setmining with JJ, which seems on the weak side. Otoh, re-raising takes a big part of your stack, exposes you to a shove and still leaves you OOP when called, although that doesn't seem likely to happen very often. Your stack does seem like a lot to shove, but if you're going to raise w the intention of calling if either opponent pushes, it's not out of the question either. So I don't have a strong preference for any possible action.

Having called, I prefer donking the flop to checking. Granted the stacks are awkward here too, but short of hitting your set, how much better does the flop need to be for you to bet? It's not perfect, but I prefer leading to either check-calling or going for the c/r. On this hand, I may lose more though if either has me beat.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think we are set mining, we are playing our hand for value, much rather c/c one street than b/f or b/gii on flop

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think we are set mining, we are playing our hand for value, much rather c/c one street than b/f or b/gii on flop
While I don't completely disagree with you (which is partly why I said "like setmining", I don't go with this thinking on balance. JJ will see at least one overcard on a fair majority of flops, and you'll be OOP. And even when you don't, quite a few flops will fit the opponents' ranges better than they hit yours. So you're not setmining like you more obviously would be if you played a much smaller pair, but when you call, I think you're hoping for a set at least as much as you're playing the hand for value.

P

pokgai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold or reraise preflop. Calling doesnt gain value and raising isolates makes it easier to play post flop. CO could be doing this with worst. 99s AJ+ .

Last edited:
S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really understand why we call pre here if we don't plan on getting it in when we flop an overpair.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really understand why we call pre here if we don't plan on getting it in when we flop an overpair.

I agree with this, and its a sick spot but I think we have to fold pre just because CO stack size is so big, if he was 2k like the rest of these guys I'm probably just jamming pre. I know this makes calling an appealing choice but what are we calling for? If theres overs we have to fold and were clearly not willing to get it in on unders, so were basically just set mining with horrible implied odds. So yeah its a sick fold pre.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The betting in this seems really fishy.... MP3 min raise, okay I see that a lot then CO re-raises 6x. At this point I think I would have to determine if I believe he is making a move or repping a hand. After the flop they make pretty much the same moves so I would have to trust the decision I had made pre, I.E. if I think that the CO was repopping in a steal attempt then my play is to donk the flop with no overs in order to know where I am at and hopefully take it down right there. I could also find a fold pre I think if I had been able to see the CO play much.