JJ, early in SnG

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a few hands in, not much in the way of reads other than some bad hands played/called. Earlier I caught top pair with a nine from the BB and it took until the turn bet to shake the callers.

Stacks:
- UTG with 890 - UTG+1 with 1335 - UTG+2 with 1550 - UTG+3 with 840 - UTG+4 with 1590 - CO with 2890 - BTN with 1350 - SB with 1705 - BB with 1350

index.pl

index.pl

Site: full tilt poker
Holecards:
* - UTG+4 (Hero) is dealt
jh.gif
jc.gif

(Sklansky group 1)
Preflop:
* - UTG calls [40]
* - UTG+3 calls [40]
* - UTG+4 raises to 220
* - CO calls [220]
* - BB calls [180]
* - Folds: 6
* - Potsize: 760
Flop:
ac.gif
2c.gif
ad.gif

Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

BB checks, my next play?

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough one. Bet about 500 and fold to a raise.

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can make a smallish bet to rep a big hand like AK that you want to get called, about 200 maybe. If you get raised fold and if get called try to check it down.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough one. Bet about 500 and fold to a raise.
too much, that only leaves you with 870 chips. 350 should get the job done if you are going to bet it out.

2 questions - if you had AK instead of JJ what would you do here?

and if you are BB with a pair of 5's, and initial raiser has led out here with 500 bet + CO has folded, what do you do?

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 questions - if you had AK instead of JJ what would you do here?

Exactly my thinking. JJ and AK are interchangeable on the flop for me. That is to say when I have JJ and an A comes on the flop I represent AK, and when I have AK and low cards come I represent JJ. If I get called and we go to the turn it's a different matter.

Bet size is one issue due to the facts that 1) two people limped ahead of me, 2) I bet pot, 3) two callers behind making the pot bloated relative to everyone's stack sizes. On top of which this is a $2 SnG so I can't be sure how many players understand pot odds.

Last edited:
C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I play $2 SnGs very often and in this case i would not be surprised if they call whatever bet you make. They could have called your preflop raise with A2 or ANY suited cards, and I mean ANY. Also, if any of them catched an A, they won't be folding that hand. If they don't have an A they'll fold right away.

At this level is difficult to apply common sense logic to some of the plays. I know because that's what my bankroll allows me to play.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cut and paste seems to work to copy the converted hands.

So, thinking as much in terms of my remaining stack, I bet 240. On the low side, I'm thinking now.

CO minraises. I never know what to make of minraises. This guy, earlier, had minraised the flop with a flush draw.

Stacks: - UTG with 890 - UTG+1 with 1335 - UTG+2 with 1550 - UTG+3 with 840 - UTG+4 with 1590 - CO with 2890 - BTN with 1350 - SB with 1705 - BB with 1350

index.pl

Site: Full Tilt Poker
Holecards:
- UTG+4 (Hero) is dealt
:jh4:
:jc4:
(Sklansky group 1)
Preflop:
- UTG calls [40]
- UTG+3 calls [40]
- UTG+4 raises to 220
- CO calls [220]
- BB calls [180]
- Folds: 6
- Potsize: 760
Flop:
:ac4:
:2c4: :ad4:
- BB checks
- UTG+4 bets [240]
- CO raises to 480

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, given that you're not a big favorite versus the likely flush draws, I'd lay it down. Actually, I think an all-in would be harder to fold. Could be a flush draw, could be TT-33.

Another strategic option, given that these players are loose, is to check-fold. If you have any idea in your head of folding to a call or a raise, then you're likely throwing your money away versus loose players. You need to pick up something worth going all the way with, and this isn't it. It seems like a weak play, but it's not. I'd call it tight-aggressive. You're just seeing this as a bad time for aggression.