JJ to 4bet

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys so I was in a deep tournament tonight and I know I Made a really bad decision. I had 7k chips at the 60/120 blind level. I was in late position with JJ. Middle position TAG raises to 300. I re raise to 700... He 4 bets to 1500. What's my play? I feel like its a fold... But in the heat of the moment I jammed over him. What do u think?

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I would have folded then, but you probably shouldnt have 3bet him just called and see what the flop is and go from there.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree and LIKE the 3 bet here. Even TAGs change speed but when a TAG 4Bs you OOP, you can rest assured that most times your JJ is crushed. Even though it is JJ, it is an easy fold in this circumstance.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this villain TAG was in so much stack? he was attacking the table? if yes, i believe that can be done 3bet, if not, just call and see flop, any overcard (Q,K,A) hits board, pay attecion and play warily, if not, u can be agressive.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call if he jams, probably sigh-fold to min/small 4-bet.

D

donkmeaak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
think 3 bet was a good move, I flat the 4 bet and see the flop you still have 5.5k behind which is almost 50bb

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the 3bet ,but I would have folded to the 4bet..

Paragon

Paragon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 3bet here for information is good, because then you can really put the villain on the hand. After the 4bet however, you should very much consider folding your hand. You could have also simply called and tried to flop a set, then stacked it off.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a small 4-bet is invariably a bad player begging for action with a huge hand. The 3-bet is fine though - don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing more to tell . 3 bet and fold if vilain is tight if the % of 4bet of vilain is high call ( aq,ak,1010 99 could be on the range).

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok guys so I was in a deep tournament tonight and I know I Made a really bad decision. I had 7k chips at the 60/120 blind level. I was in late position with JJ. Middle position TAG raises to 300. I re raise to 700... He 4 bets to 1500. What's my play? I feel like its a fold... But in the heat of the moment I jammed over him. What do u think?

It depends on a lot of thing (BBs, statistic, read etc). So try to copy here the complete hand.

Regarding the info you shared, I think it's an easy fold. ;)

P

pimpinp916

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you made a mistake when you re-raised. JJ i usually just call see if i catch one on the flop, and if not i throw it away.

P

pimpinp916

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I make the same mistake often my self, sometimes deep in the tournament i just get carried away and it always end's up costing me so i'm trying to work on my nerves and be more patient.

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not think it's a fold, your pair of jacks are good but probably has AJ, AQ, AK or variants as KK, AA, QQ! As I understand what you did wrong was to climb both pre flop with a pair of JJ should've tried to get the cheapest possible flop to see where you were from community cards and make a decision much correct!

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG players will usually not 4bet unless they've got a premium hand and are willing to shove the rest in. You'll usually only see this when they hold QQ+ and MAYBE AK suited. Most regular TAG players will fold to your 3bet with AQ, AJ, or worse unless you are perceived as loose and/or aggressive.

I would have folded to the 4bet. If you just call and don't hit a J, you're either looking at a flop of rags, in which case you'd probably shove and get snap called by QQ+, or you are looking at a board with an A, K, or Q and have to slow down and fold to action.

S

Stretch84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the stats on the villain would be nice to have here. Being that you are in position and read less might as well flat and reevaluate. He still could be trying to stack off Ak,AQ,1010. Its never easy with JJ my friend!

K

kevbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The size of his 4 bet is quite small there. Even though you are likely beat by a higher pair, I would prefer to flat the 4 bet and reevaluate on the flop.

Also if you hit the set you are very likely able to get the rest of the chips in the middle! GL

edit: just so you know I think that your 3 bet was a good move

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that u should have folded after he bet. Almost for sure he has JJ beat.