Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yesterday in the cardschat freeroll, 5 minutes after the tournament started, I met JJ in the small blind. Two players go allin, and after thinking for a moment, I decide to pay.AQ and AK fall, drawing an A on the flop and getting knocked out. What would you have done ?. Regards.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi), if you want to raise the level of your game and keep your nerves, stop playing all in), especially 5 minutes after the start of any tournament) any all in, it's a lottery. especially when there are 3 or more players. The ability to have a large easy Bank, yesterday won the mind in you... in your place, I will throw out the cards without any problems, maybe I will throw out QQ. good luck)

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ in the beginning of tournament?? I had folded....GG!!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yesterday in the cardschat freeroll, 5 minutes after the tournament started, I met JJ in the small blind. Two players go allin, and after thinking for a moment, I decide to pay.AQ and AK fall, drawing an A on the flop and getting knocked out. What would you have done ?. Regards.

Same thing as you since you cant lose 3-way all-in´ s all the time lol ... ;)

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

JJ is an extremely complicated hand, despite being marked as an instafold hand by players, I always prefer to enter, as I believe it is a strong hand. In your case, you were not defeated by inexperience, just by fate your JJ did not hold. The percentage of hit on the flop is approximately 12%, that is, the A hit because it was pure bad luck.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing you need to understand is that JJ is not the kind of hand with which you can safely go all-in preflop.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is an all in situation, at the beginning of the tournament and more than two players, then believe me, it does not matter where you have JJ, QQ, KK any of these hands can lose to any hand, such as poker.

Just don't give failure a chance to knock you out of the tournament quickly, believe me, it will definitely take advantage of it.:)

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your odds of winning the hand against AK and AQ were 45%, so you were right to call. Of course you could have been facing AA and KK, but just as likely 99 and TT.

Whether you call or not in a freeroll is mostly determined by what your goal is. Are you trying to play for a few hours for fun, or are you trying to win? If the latter, you should probably call early all ins with Jacks. Tripling up early gives you an amazing advantage.

I probably would have called also.

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play with JJ I usually make a few raises if I beat any unfavorable card and then I leave the hand.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your odds of winning the hand against AK and AQ were 45%, so you were right to call. Of course you could have been facing AA and KK, but just as likely 99 and TT.

Whether you call or not in a freeroll is mostly determined by what your goal is. Are you trying to play for a few hours for fun, or are you trying to win? If the latter, you should probably call early all ins with Jacks. Tripling up early gives you an amazing advantage.

I probably would have called also.
I may or may not call depending on what I know about the 2 players im facing. However I disagree with your statement "Tripling up early gives you an amazing advantage." Yes it for some does but I have often found average to bad payers that get leads too early often are just ATMs for the rest of the table. My early game changes very little no matter if I'm up big or down. The early game is not the time to show your game so I'm not going to bully or steal early because its not worth the risk.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
almost nobody should ever be folding jacks in this spot, unless you're one of the best players in the game and you can expect to exploit weaker players to your advantage over the course the mtt.

however, i don't think anyone in this thread can make that claim of being of the best players in a freeroll and, therefore, should not be passing up spots like these where they very likely have an equity edge over their opponents. and even if a player can claim to be one of the best players, given that it's a freeroll with top heavy and (likely) capped payouts, they might not want to pass up a slight +ev edge either in this spot.

also, if you're folding here because you're afraid of going bust in +ev spot during the early stages, you probably want to change your approach, especially if your idea of being successful in an mtt is to survive as long as you can. obviously, if it's a -ev call for all or most of your stack, then fold.

bottom line, i'm never the best player at the table and, therefore, i'm never passing up +ev spots like this accumulate a lot chips.

Last edited:
thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I may or may not call depending on what I know about the 2 players im facing. However I disagree with your statement "Tripling up early gives you an amazing advantage." Yes it for some does but I have often found average to bad payers that get leads too early often are just ATMs for the rest of the table. My early game changes very little no matter if I'm up big or down. The early game is not the time to show your game so I'm not going to bully or steal early because its not worth the risk.

I feel what you are saying. Too often, I play better with a low stack than I do with a large stack. Every tournament I have won in the past few months, I have been lowest in chips at one point. Every time I got an early chip lead, I never made the final table.

My biggest weakness is playing too loose when I have a chip lead. KT looks a lot better when you are leading in chips, even from UTG. lol. I know this weakness, and I'm working on it.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given that this was a cardschat freeroll I am going to discount the likelihood that you have two players who are complete morons and are going all in with K6 off and 97 suited type hands. Therefore, we know the caller of the all in should have something here. Their range should be very strong to be calling a jam in front of them so I would go with the default AQ+ and 99+. Without even taking into consideration the original all in I am not loving JJ against that range. I would be folding here because of the caller. I am not saying I would even call if it got to me and there was only the original jammer but I would be way more inclined to do so if there was not a caller in front me.

Note that I feel this way cause I am assuming (and rightfully so) cardschat freerolls have less maniacs than your typical freeroll. In a typical freeroll I would advocate towards calling since you will see those crap hands that show up.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given that this was a cardschat freeroll I am going to discount the likelihood that you have two players who are complete morons and are going all in with K6 off and 97 suited type hands. Therefore, we know the caller of the all in should have something here. Their range should be very strong to be calling a jam in front of them so I would go with the default AQ+ and 99+. Without even taking into consideration the original all in I am not loving JJ against that range. I would be folding here because of the caller. I am not saying I would even call if it got to me and there was only the original jammer but I would be way more inclined to do so if there was not a caller in front me.

Note that I feel this way cause I am assuming (and rightfully so) cardschat freerolls have less maniacs than your typical freeroll. In a typical freeroll I would advocate towards calling since you will see those crap hands that show up.

Hi There
Interesting your point abt not having maniacs, as you call them, in CC freerolls
Well, i do not agree with you
Freerolls atracts players of all kinds, Maniacs and good players
So i am very cautious when playing this Freerolls
Rgds

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold

I would have folded the jacks. I don't call multiple all-ins with jacks.

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At beggining of the tournament it's fold. You could call just if the other players are very agressive.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is clearly a profitable call, you probably have 40%+ equity against likely ranges, and can obviously triple up. Risking your tournament life on a hand where you're more likely to get knocked out is less than ideal, so a lot comes down to your objectives.

The key question is the one that thehangdude asked - what is your goal? If you want to play in the tournament for fun, then don't make the call , but if your objective is be profitable, I think it's a just about a call. However, if you put any value to your time, then it's a certain call.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would answer the bets, realizing that I was pulling a coin and obviously not ahead, but getting a triple stack = this is worth the risk in the freeroll

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in initial stages and with such a deep stack you have to fold that pair jj.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends who was the rival could have paid but already with an all in and a payment is easy fold

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call JJ allin if was two way but not three way. Three way action with JJ is harder to win.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
88 All in. Snap... Oh, you talking about JJ. Sorry...

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the truth the variance is a disgrace since as much as you have a hand like AK nothing can come out on the flop tur or river

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]