It's so sick...

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt Poker Game #2904452176: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (22162828), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:26:59 ET - 2007/07/10
Seat 1: Dman7676 (1,230)
Seat 2: sebulator (1,280)
Seat 3: dalehiggins22 (1,215)
Seat 4: lynchdog (1,450)
Seat 5: orbadden (1,930)
Seat 6: jacksonville (1,060)
Seat 7: bobboiii (1,480)
Seat 8: jisaa2 (1,460)
Seat 9: ItsAze (2,395)
jisaa2 posts the small blind of 25
ItsAze posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ItsAze [Ad Jd]
Dman7676 calls 50
sebulator folds
dalehiggins22 folds
lynchdog folds
orbadden raises to 100
jacksonville calls 100
bobboiii folds
jisaa2 folds
ItsAze calls 50
Dman7676 calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Jh 8s Js]
ItsAze has 15 seconds left to act
ItsAze bets 350
Dman7676 folds
orbadden folds
jacksonville raises to 960, and is all in
ItsAze calls 610
jacksonville shows [Jc 7c]
ItsAze shows [Ad Jd]
*** TURN *** [Jh 8s Js] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [Jh 8s Js 7d] [Kc]
jacksonville shows a full house, Jacks full of Sevens
ItsAze shows three of a kind, Jacks
jacksonville wins the pot (2,345) with a full house, Jacks full of Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,345 | Rake 0
Board: [Jh 8s Js 7d Kc]
Seat 1: Dman7676 folded on the Flop
Seat 2: sebulator didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: dalehiggins22 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: lynchdog didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: orbadden folded on the Flop
Seat 6: jacksonville showed [Jc 7c] and won (2,345) with a full house, Jacks full of Sevens
Seat 7: bobboiii (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: jisaa2 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: ItsAze (big blind) showed [Ad Jd] and lost with three of a kind, Jacks

As you can see I'm chip-leader here. The table was playing pretty tight. When the first guy made it $100 to go, that's usuallly a bet that would induce folds all across the table with this group -- so when there is two calls after it, I figure I might not have the very best of it - so let me just call and see what the flop brings.

I know that I got my money in good, and I had the best of it for sure, and I know that this was just a horribly lucky catch on that guys part (who calls a raise of 100 there with J-7 on such a tight table?

But, did I foul up bad by not re-raising? You have my reasons for not doing it, but was I wrong?

Two hands later is AK.. I raise a good amount and end up getting called, and busted, by 10-8.. I'd rather be getting kicked in the face. :mad:

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things like this happening do NOT make me think online poker is rigged.. BUT, things like this happening ALL THE TIME make me think that there might maybe be something in the card randomizing that makes things that are a lot less likely to happen in real life happen more often.
I try to keep my cool and stop myself from tilting, I don't go on rants and curse people out in the chat boxes, but it's starting to build -- and it's REALLY starting to get to me.

Last edited:
robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But, did I foul up bad by not re-raising? You have my reasons for not doing it, but was I wrong?
I dont think so, if you're going to flop a flush draw you want as many opponents as possible, and if an ace flops you've disguised the strength of the hand.

Re opponents play, I sometime wonder whether other players have cracked the secret - the worse they play the better they do. I've not hit a straight draw, flush draw, straight draw + flush draw for what seems like weeks, but i've been killed by numerous 2 + 3 outers.

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so then I sit at a .50/1.00 NL heads up table..

I get 88, I raise to $4, he raises to $8, I shove (only had $40 on the table).. he calls.. he had 8-9... catches a 9 on the turn. This one isn't as bad, he's supposed to be like 30-39% to hit, but still.. why the call, and why in the hell did he have to hit?

B

buckit0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some days are just bad days. The first hand with the trips is just flat unlucky I mean the guy probably wasn't putting you on having another J, as you said tight table he thinks you have overpair.

As for calling in the first place maybe he is in the same mood you are in now getting frustrated at the cards. His cards were suited (not that it makes it that much better) and unfornuatly he hit that is just flat unlucky but sometimes the cards fall for you sometimes they don't.

But everyone remembers their bad beats you probably don't remember as much the 2 outers you win with or the times you've called with 2 random cards and beat much better staring cards but as soon as you lose its human tendency to get annoyed, angry, frustrated and think that something is wrong with your play or the system. If your getting too frustrated log off take a break come back in however long it takes you to calm down. As the saying goes (and do I ever hate it lol) 'that's poker'

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^ Yeah, you're right. But it gets SO frustrating.. for example.. I JUST got knocked out of a 45-player $20-2 buy-in in 4th place.. This is how I get knocked out, instead of doubling up and having a GREAT chance to win $300+ on this SOFT table...

Full Tilt Poker Game #2904887945: $20 + $2 Sit & Go (22162716), Table 3 - 800/1600 - No Limit Hold'em - 9:02:43 ET - 2007/07/10
Seat 1: ItsAze (10,240)
Seat 4: huntso (30,405)
Seat 7: tomastomast (16,485)
Seat 8: Chasserrrr (10,370)
huntso posts the small blind of 800
tomastomast posts the big blind of 1,600
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ItsAze [9d As]
Chasserrrr folds
ItsAze raises to 3,200
huntso folds
tomastomast calls 1,600
*** FLOP *** [Qd 7s Tc]
tomastomast bets 1,600
ItsAze raises to 3,200
tomastomast calls 1,600
*** TURN *** [Qd 7s Tc] 9♠
tomastomast bets 1,600
ItsAze raises to 3,840, and is all in
tomastomast calls 2,240
ItsAze shows [9d As]
tomastomast shows [Kh Ac]
*** RIVER *** [Qd 7s Tc 9s] J♦
ItsAze shows a pair of Nines
tomastomast shows a straight, Ace high
tomastomast wins the pot (21,280) with a straight, Ace high
ItsAze stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 21,280 | Rake 0
Board: [Qd 7s Tc 9s Jd]
Seat 1: ItsAze (button) showed [9d As] and lost with a pair of Nines
Seat 4: huntso (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: tomastomast (big blind) showed [Kh Ac] and won (21,280) with a straight, Ace high
Seat 8: Chasserrrr didn't bet (folded)
I know a lot of you guys play a lot better than me and have a better understanding of the game, but can someone please explain to me what was going threw this guys head? And more importantly what, if anything, should I have done different -- I respect most of your games, so I am very open to criticism.
I understand that the pot was giving him something like 4 / 4.5:1 - that might be enough, because I think he had a 20% chance to hit -- but he INSTA-called. And the way this guy plays I doubt he's even thinking about odds.. he just got married to his AK because it was an AK, IMO, even though he only had a 20% chance to have even a 2-7 beat on the riv.

He was actually only 15% to win that hand, and... of course, he catches his miracle card on that magic FTP river.

mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quote:
full tilt poker Game #2904452176: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (22162828), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:26:59 ET - 2007/07/10
Seat 1: Dman7676 (1,230)
Seat 2: sebulator (1,280)
Seat 3: dalehiggins22 (1,215)
Seat 4: lynchdog (1,450)
Seat 5: orbadden (1,930)
Seat 6: jacksonville (1,060)
Seat 7: bobboiii (1,480)
Seat 8: jisaa2 (1,460)
Seat 9: ItsAze (2,395)
jisaa2 posts the small blind of 25
ItsAze posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ItsAze [Ad Jd]
Dman7676 calls 50
sebulator folds
dalehiggins22 folds
lynchdog folds
orbadden raises to 100
jacksonville calls 100
bobboiii folds
jisaa2 folds
ItsAze calls 50 Raise here if you are going to play this hand, you would have gotten J 7 out of the hand
Dman7676 calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Jh 8s Js]
ItsAze bets 350
Dman7676 folds
orbadden folds
jacksonville raises to 960, and is all in
ItsAze calls 610 Nothing you can do anymore, you aren't folding trips with top kicker, he isn't folding trip jacks either most likely. you put your money in with best hand at this point, but he shouldn't have been in the hand if you reraise preflop.
jacksonville shows [Jc 7c]
ItsAze shows [Ad Jd]
*** TURN *** [Jh 8s Js] 7♦
*** RIVER *** [Jh 8s Js 7d] K♣
jacksonville shows a full house, Jacks full of Sevens
ItsAze shows three of a kind, Jacks
jacksonville wins the pot (2,345) with a full house, Jacks full of Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,345 | Rake 0
Board: [Jh 8s Js 7d Kc]
Seat 1: Dman7676 folded on the Flop
Seat 2: sebulator didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: dalehiggins22 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: lynchdog didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: orbadden folded on the Flop
Seat 6: jacksonville showed [Jc 7c] and won (2,345) with a full house, Jacks full of Sevens
Seat 7: bobboiii (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: jisaa2 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: ItsAze (big blind) showed [Ad Jd] and lost with three of a kind, Jacks

With you not reraising you have no read on the guys hands that are in the pot. What if it came A 10 7. Would you have known you had the best Ace. A J isn't the easiest hand to play when faced with a min-raise preflop, but if you were going to see it i would have re-raised to $300 to at least get heads up or get an idea of what you are up against.

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.. honestly, as tight as the table was playing, if an ace hit, I'd fold to a bet, the pot wasn't that big and I thought I was up against AK, AQ when the guy raised and the other called.. I was just hoping to hit a flush or something like trips or two pair.... in retrospect, you're absolutely right -- I should have re-raised pre-flop, I just got timid because the table was tight and I wanted to see a flop with a decent hand...

I was wrong, I admit it. And luckily, I've learned.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quote:
With you not reraising you have no read on the guys hands that are in the pot. What if it came A 10 7. Would you have known you had the best Ace. A J isn't the easiest hand to play when faced with a min-raise preflop, but if you were going to see it i would have re-raised to $300 to at least get heads up or get an idea of what you are up against.

Reraising AJ in this situation is a mistake. With the raiser(minimum meh) and caller, a raise here would only build a large pot. So there would be a large pot, 3 or 4 players seeing the flop, and we would be acting first. Not good. Also, it also is unlikely to give us any information if we get reraised allin, or even just a smooth call.

AJ is a trap hand. If the flop does come with an ace, how confident are you that you have the best kicker... but are you going to fold TPMK if you get played back at on a xAx flop? Again, a raise just isn't profitable in this situation.

So, back on point... I like the call. You see a cheap flop and can easily move on if you miss. In this case it was a great flop and OP just got unlucky. It happens.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure I agree with a reraise here with AJ, It's just not that strong a hand. What do you do if you get reraised, fold obviously missing the chance to see the flop.

AJ is easily dominated and will be folded after the flop most of the time. Even if an ace hits you can't know where you stand for sure. As for the J7 folding yes he probably would but that seem sresults oriented. Saying that if you reraised with AJ the hand that beat you would have folded after the fact doesn't make raiseing with a mediocre hand the right move.

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ and, again, I change my mind.. Now I'm agreeing with what you say. Why would I want a big pot when I think I'm up against AK, AQ? I was right to just check (although I didn't do it for the right reasons) - If the flush hits, or AJ hits, or if a Jack hits as top pair - I have a good hand, and if an A-x-x board hits then I can get away from AJ because I know I'm probably out-kicked and the pot isn't worth fighting for in that situation. That makes sense.

A

alpha3m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I can actually go either way with an AJ suited. In that particular situation, based on your feeling of the table, you made the correct decision.

Led with an agressive bet, and where faced with a re-raise all-in situation where you ultimately had the best hand barring someone holding 8's.

Just looks to be unlucky on your part that he/she hit the boat. **it happens. That's poker. If I wasn't so lazy I'd post some of the hands I've been donked out or fished out on, or just plain trapped and slaughtered the mindless lambs.