Was it wrong?....

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was it wrong, to be on the button, early in the tournament, and figure I’d play position over card value....so much I took it as incentive, to play 7/2 OS.
Was it wrong to call a bet preflop, how about calling the bet on the flop, on a ace high rainbow board, even though I hit my seven?
Now the turn come up another seven and he bets again. I give him a heads up and raise his bet...but he called and the river is pointless card. Now he checks and I shove all in and he snap called with A/J suited and is taken to 150 chips and follows up by saying “I love you” before leaving. Was it wrong?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was it wrong, to be on the button, early in the tournament, and figure I’d play position over card value....so much I took it as incentive, to play 7/2 OS.
Was it wrong to call a bet preflop, how about calling the bet on the flop, on a ace high rainbow board, even though I hit my seven?
Now the turn come up another seven and he bets again. I give him a heads up and raise his bet...but he called and the river is pointless card. Now he checks and I shove all in and he snap called with A/J suited and is taken to 150 chips and follows up by saying “I love you” before leaving. Was it wrong?

when you get the chips I reckon it is all good. like you mentioned position over cards so....
you did not mention the size of the bets so not sure, but..
I have practiced different challenges to myself to not be too ingrained into one style. I wanted to practice patience so I refused to play any hand. I sat back and really paid attention to other players, instead of just playing my cards.