Interesting/Odd play

P

ph_il

Total posts
Awards
This table has been pretty passive. Not a lot of PFR or reraises, just a lot of limping in. I had been playing a pretty aggressive game; raising maybe 3 or 4 hands in and out of position every orbit without a lot of trouble from other players.

Now, on this hand...am I missing something here or was this just another very odd play?

ETA: After rereading the hand history, Im wondering...Could this guy be Full Tilt Poker's "Pottripper"? That is one hell of a call. He's obviously a super-user and/or this game was rigged.*

Full Tilt Poker Game #4333903592: $6 + $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) (32874442), Table 1 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 8:08:24 ET - 2007/11/29
Seat 1: tsvperkele (1,915)
Seat 2: DrOwNiNgNeMo (1,060)
Seat 4: Philthy (3,105)
Seat 6: smtl (3,230)
Seat 7: ermajore (640)
Seat 8: the_szar (1,535)
Seat 9: skyyvodka1 (2,015)
skyyvodka1 posts the small blind of 30
tsvperkele posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Philthy [Ac Qh]
DrOwNiNgNeMo folds
Philthy raises to 180
[Continuing my aggressive play. This is my standard raise PF (3x BB) Im not committing a lot early on, so I can fold if I need to.]
smtl folds
ermajore folds
the_szar calls 180
[hasnt played a lot of hands. Im not sure what they could have.]
skyyvodka1 folds
tsvperkele calls 120
[Dont know either. I think they might be calling on just odds alone.]
*** FLOP *** [Td 9d Tc]
tsvperkele checks
Philthy bets 300
[A small C bet on a semi scary board. I'll slow it down if I get called and fold if I get raised.]
the_szar raises to 600
[I hate min. raises. Im probably beat here. My opponent couldve called with J10, Q10, K10, JQ, 78, maybe 99, etc. Possible they are min raising with a flush draw. I have to see what the other player does.]
tsvperkele raises to 1,735, and is all in
[This was an instant push. Im now possitive Im beat. I def. think a 10 is here.]
Philthy folds
[Easy Fold]
the_szar calls 755, and is all in
[Im expecting to see a drawing hand from this guy. This was an instant call, also.]
tsvperkele shows [2d Ad]
[Not that surprising. I was expecting a 10, though.]
the_szar shows [Ah Kh]
[Wow. Now, I am really suprised by this. This is the absolute last hand I would ever put this player on. Total 'WTF' face when I saw this.]
Uncalled bet of 380 returned to tsvperkele
*** TURN *** [Td 9d Tc] [4h]
*** RIVER *** [Td 9d Tc 4h] [8h]
tsvperkele shows a pair of Tens
the_szar shows a pair of Tens
the_szar wins the pot (3,580) with a pair of Tens
The blinds are now 40/80
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,580 | Rake 0
Board: [Td 9d Tc 4h 8h]
Seat 1: tsvperkele (big blind) showed [2d Ad] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 2: DrOwNiNgNeMo didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Philthy folded on the Flop
Seat 6: smtl didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: ermajore didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: the_szar (button) showed [Ah Kh] and won (3,580) with a pair of Tens
Seat 9: skyyvodka1 (small blind) folded before the Flop

*im not being serious.*

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Clearly, your flop standard raise was seen as a c-bet. You had pushed them both to the breaking point, and they broke. Once on tilt, anything can and usually does happen.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Total posts
And I thought I would only see this kind of early tournament play at a Freeroll table... (push with AK and a missed flop)

P

ph_il

Total posts
Awards
Clearly, your flop standard raise was seen as a c-bet. You had pushed them both to the breaking point, and they broke. Once on tilt, anything can and usually does happen.

lol. It was the 3rd level of blinds and its a turbo, so thats about 1 - 1.5 orbits every 3 minutes. So, thats maybe 15 or so hands I raised
PF prior to this hand. Not that many.

LOL. Actually, I do raise a lot of hands PF. I think Mr. Sticker said I raise about 30% of hand PF when he was watching me multitable (4) $2 SNGs...

So, maybe they did crack.

Last edited:
K

Kajagugu

Total posts
This is pretty standard turbo $6 play on FTP. I see those min-raises all the times and I also see people jam with trash. Lucky for you they played it this way and you were able to save your chips.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator